Apple users must abandon their ecosystem, app, and itunes music investment to switch.

Android users could easily abandon Samsung and order a Dtek 50 or Priv - or any number of other droids - to replace their exploding Samsung and not even have to worry about transferring contacts or calendars.

Betrayal of a customer by a manufacturer through poor design is a serious matter. Samsung the conglomerate will survive makibg a variety of gadgets.

Their phone business is waiting to be feasted on.
    Posted via CB10
    App ecosystem for sure, however last I checked iTunes purchased music can be migrated over? Hell, BlackBerry's can play stuff, my Sony Xperia X Performance can... so you have half a point. Oh and you'll get a headphone / line out jack too. ;-)
    09-26-16 05:21 PM
    Yep, they are completely toast, with 90% of the Note 7 users sticking with it:
    90 percent of Galaxy Note 7 owners are sticking by the handset
    http://www.androidauthority.com/90-p...andset-718476/

Despite all the drama it will probably end up selling more units on its own in these last few months than BB's entire line for 2016.

Samsung could teach BB how to make a phone that people actually want even after a huge PR disaster it seems.

No, BB can't take advantage of this, they are too puny and have long been forgotten by most. LG, Huawei and Apple are the ones who could successfully take advantage and make a dent.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-27-16 05:44 AM
    Already the FAA has modified their warning to state that this advisory does not include Note 7's purchased after Sept 15 and having a green battery indicator.
    Time goes on and this will become a memory.
    Samsung will be fine and will still probably sell more Note 7's - even after this embarrassing incident - then BlackBerry will sell of any of their products.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and shaleem like this.
    09-27-16 07:02 AM
    No I don't reckon Samsung are toast, just a slightly frazzled muffin. They will recover.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    shaleem likes this.
    09-27-16 09:18 AM
    Lol good idea. Funny post BTW.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 10:38 AM
    Samsung isn't toast. They are more diversified in their structure unlike their competitors. They must have been kicking themselves for their choice of non removable batteries, as if it was a removable battery ,the recall would have been simplified by just a simple battery replacement in the mail or retail store, rather than a complete device recall.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 10:45 AM
    If all else fails, samsung happens to make some awesome tvs!

Passport!
    09-27-16 11:23 AM
    If all else fails, samsung happens to make some awesome tvs!

Passport!
    I was watching a Korean movie last night and I found out they also make cars!!!!(or so my friend pointed out to me and told me) They are one of those companies that makes absolutely EVERYTHING.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-27-16 11:29 AM
    Samsung isn't toast. They are more diversified in their structure unlike their competitors. They must have been kicking themselves for their choice of non removable batteries, as if it was a removable battery ,the recall would have been simplified by just a simple battery replacement in the mail or retail store, rather than a complete device recall.

Posted via CB10
    Good point.
    09-27-16 11:47 AM
    Don't hit me.....

Is Samsung Toast?-6-best-business-friendly-smartphones-arent-blackberrys.jpg
    09-27-16 11:50 AM
    anyone remember this?
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...xploding-phone

It didnt hurt the Curve then so I doubt Samsung will fall because of this
    09-27-16 12:48 PM
    Yep, they are completely toast, with 90% of the Note 7 users sticking with it:

Despite all the drama it will probably end up selling more units on its own in these last few months than BB's entire line for 2016.

Samsung could teach BB how to make a phone that people actually want even after a huge PR disaster it seems.

No, BB can't take advantage of this, they are too puny and have long been forgotten by most. LG, Huawei and Apple are the ones who could successfully take advantage and make a dent.
    The Note serves some very specific needs. It's not surprising it has a loyal customer base. It doesn't sell in huge numbers either.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    09-27-16 02:22 PM
    anyone remember this?
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...xploding-phone

It didnt hurt the Curve then so I doubt Samsung will fall because of this
    WELL we are starting to go a bit off topic here, BUT every phone has an occasional issue with this...

'Exploding' iPhone leaves man with third-degree burns
    09-27-16 02:23 PM
    The Note serves some very specific needs. It's not surprising it has a loyal customer base. It doesn't sell in huge numbers either.
    Spot on.
    I am Note user myself, and there is no other device that has really done it for me since I got my Note 4.

The Note 7 is on my radar, I am just waiting for my carrier to get their new stock.

I just can't see myself leaving the huge SuperAMOLED display, SPen Suit and brilliant top hardware (Camera, Audio DAC etc....).
    eshropshire and shaleem like this.
    09-27-16 02:43 PM
    WELL we are starting to go a bit off topic here, BUT every phone has an occasional issue with this...

'Exploding' iPhone leaves man with third-degree burns
    Yeah thats kind of the point I was making. These things happen and life goes on

This wont harm Samsung.
    TgeekB, pkcable and shaleem like this.
    09-27-16 03:35 PM

This wont harm Samsung.
    i agree Samsung should be ok as would be Apple, BUT if this happened to HTC, LG or BlackBerry well then a different story.
    09-27-16 09:58 PM
    i agree Samsung should be ok as would be Apple, BUT if this happened to HTC, LG or BlackBerry well then a different story.
    I'm sure you have a point there... :-)

Too big to die..?

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    pkcable likes this.
    09-28-16 05:26 AM
    LG and HTC could probably take the hit more than Blackberry could, in fairness, but it would make their lives a lot harder then it already is.
    Unlike Blackberry, they have other forms of revenue which could see them through
    09-28-16 10:45 AM
    LG and HTC could probably take the hit more than Blackberry could, in fairness, but it would make their lives a lot harder then it already is.
    Unlike Blackberry, they have other forms of revenue which could see them through

True enough, but Samsung certainly can handle it, phones & electronics are just a small part of what they do! They even do stuff you may not be aware of such a chemicals, ships, construction, life insurance, even an amusement park!
    09-28-16 11:49 AM
    Samsung make all kinds of chips that go into smartphones, and all kinds of other electronics. Their fabrication unit alone brings in $billions a quarter thanks to customers like Apple.

Samsung are a big case study potential for what a manufacturing juggernaut is.
    09-28-16 12:54 PM
    Define huge. There were 1 million Note 7 devices recalled in the US; the phone had only been sold for two weeks. While it may not be the reported numbers for iPhone sales, those numbers sound huge to me.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-28-16 01:42 PM
    Define huge. There were 1 million Note 7 devices recalled in the US; the phone had only been sold for two weeks. While it may not be the reported numbers for iPhone sales, those numbers sound huge to me.
    Not all were sold to end users. Channel inventory as well.

Estimates for Galaxy 7 and Note together that I have seen suggested that sales could rise to about 10-15 million per quarter, of which most would be Galaxy 7. For reference, note that Samsung sells about 70-80 million phones in a quarter. The 7 and Note lines are by far Samsung's most profitable so they have been trying to increase sales in this area. So while sales of the Note may be considerable compared to some phones, they are still not among the top sellers in the high end. This is not an indictment, btw. As I mentioned, the Note has particular features which appeal to a certain demographic and they do it well.
    09-28-16 07:37 PM
    Spot on.
    I am Note user myself, and there is no other device that has really done it for me since I got my Note 4.

The Note 7 is on my radar, I am just waiting for my carrier to get their new stock.

I just can't see myself leaving the huge SuperAMOLED display, SPen Suit and brilliant top hardware (Camera, Audio DAC etc....).
    Same with me, I love my Note 4. Will keep an eye out for a good deal for a Note 7.
    09-28-16 09:21 PM
    I'm sure you have a point there... :-)

Too big to die..?

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    I think the issue is the lack of good high end Android phones. Too bad for LG the V20 was not available for the trades. The V20 is the only potential Android competitor ton the Note 7.

This wont harm Samsung.
    09-28-16 09:24 PM
    Note7 battery problem still persisting after repairs -

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...lane-1.3792221

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 02:16 PM
320 ... 45678 ...