You live in a different reality.
    JeepBB, Ronindan, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    09-22-16 06:04 AM
    Nah. I just want to try something to alter the existing one to be more to our liking.

Posted via CB10
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    09-22-16 08:28 AM
    Nah. I just want to try something to alter the existing one to be more to our liking.

Posted via CB10
    actually it is more to your liking.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-22-16 11:38 AM
    actually it is more to your liking.
    Exactly. Please don't include the rest of us, we're perfectly fine.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 09-23-16 at 12:48 PM.
    Ronindan and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-22-16 06:17 PM
    The fire issues of the latest Samsung Galaxy S7 is a tremendous marketing and goodwill opportunity for BlackBerry. Why doesn't BlackBerry come out an offer some sort of discount/trade-in of an S7 for a Priv or DTEK50? Yes, I know it has a Knox partnership with respect to their joint tablet. Still, Waterloo would be making airline travel safer, and it will get the BlackBerry devices out there on the market. My Samsung-loving millenial friend tells me that no S7 owner is heeding Samsung's warnings and pleas to return the S7 devices. BlackBerry has to act and not let the Samsung crisis go to waste!
    09-23-16 12:25 PM
    The fire issues of the latest Samsung Galaxy S7 is a tremendous marketing and goodwill opportunity for BlackBerry. Why doesn't BlackBerry come out an offer some sort of discount/trade-in of an S7 for a Priv or DTEK50? Yes, I know it has a Knox partnership with respect to their joint tablet. Still, Waterloo would be making airline travel safer, and it will get the BlackBerry devices out there on the market. My Samsung-loving millenial friend tells me that no S7 owner is heeding Samsung's warnings and pleas to return the S7 devices. BlackBerry has to act and not let the Samsung crisis go to waste!
    You get the same question as the other guy - given Samsung has already swapped about half the notes for new - why would the remaining owners swap their flagship for a failed phone from last year (priv) or a mid-ranged rebadged Alcatel?
    Troy Tiscareno and shaleem like this.
    09-23-16 12:34 PM
    Blackberry IS acting. Firesale of b10 devices might take advantage of those left phoneless. Ok, it's a stretch but every bit helps.

Passport!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    09-23-16 12:40 PM
    If the device is defective and truly represents a danger to life, I don't think legally that Blackberry can take them in on a trade in basis.

I may be wrong, I am not a lawyer.
    09-23-16 12:51 PM
    http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp...ate=2016-09-23

This is very initial news - but I am leaning towards faulty battery and / or this Note2 was too hot and the user put it in a compact space without proper ventilation causing the smoke.

Drafted on my Q10
    09-23-16 01:33 PM
    If the device is defective and truly represents a danger to life, I don't think legally that Blackberry can take them in on a trade in basis.

I may be wrong, I am not a lawyer.
    It occurs to me there is a more obvious issue - the difference in the value of the devices - to make up the difference, BBRY would have to give the customer the difference.

Because otherwise why not take the free exchange and sell the new device if you don't want it.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-23-16 01:35 PM

You are so out of touch with where BlackBerry is and what they are capable of......

If anyone if benefiting from Samsung's current problems... it's going to be a company that has current products that are seen as equals to the Galaxy line, it will be a company that has the ability to increase production if need be, it will be a company that has a marketing department, and it will be a company that is current and relevant in the consumer's mind. In other words.. Apple.

Even if BlackBerry had the money for trade-ins and marketing... most consumers today don't have a positive impression of BlackBerry. They don't have the time to change the general view of the brand in the time it will take Samsung to have replaced the battery manufacture....
    MikeX74, JeepBB, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    09-23-16 01:47 PM
    Why 90% of customers still want their Note7

Samsung reported that 90% of Note7 owners in the U.S. have opted to receive a new Galaxy Note7 as part of the ongoing recall for a potential fire hazard related to batteries in the original phones.

Survey data gathered by 451 Research has also shown that users are not losing their confidence in Samsung because of the recall.
    We put this to bed right?
    09-23-16 03:52 PM
    Too bad that 90% doesn't include top brass at FAA. You can be kicked off a USA domestic flight and possibly fined for turning on a note7, for now.

My wife had a note.

Passport!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    09-23-16 03:56 PM
    You are so out of touch with where BlackBerry is and what they are capable of......

If anyone if benefiting from Samsung's current problems... it's going to be a company that has current products that are seen as equals to the Galaxy line, it will be a company that has the ability to increase production if need be, it will be a company that has a marketing department, and it will be a company that is current and relevant in the consumer's mind. In other words.. Apple.

Even if BlackBerry had the money for trade-ins and marketing... most consumers today don't have a positive impression of BlackBerry. They don't have the time to change the general view of the brand in the time it will take Samsung to have replaced the battery manufacture....
    Out of touch? I am very familiar with BlackBerry's offerings and how they cannot realistically compete with Samsung's. Perhaps like you, I sense it has essentially conceded the consumer market to Apple and Samsung, and at this time wish to focus on the enterprise and government markets, and not the consumer one. My point was simply to see if there is some kind of marketing angle that would indirectly help promote the Priv and DTEK50, regardless of the target markets. And yes, I know all about Apple, too. Like many of us on CrackBerry, I keep looking for evidence that BlackBerry even has a pulse.
    09-23-16 04:11 PM
    There isn't.
    shaleem and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-23-16 06:07 PM
    I think many here are seriously underestimating Samsung. Yes, there was a battery problem with their flagship Galaxy Note 7. However, Samsung reacted quickly to the problem. They did not try to deny, or defend. They immediately recalled the Note 7s. They also rectified the problem and had new, safe Note 7s back to carriers quickly. The process went well for me. Like most Note 7 owners, I have not lost any confidence in Samsung. As has been said by others here, BlackBerry will not, and cannot, profit from Samsung's setback because they don't offer anything that comes near the Note 7. It's going to take a lot more than a battery issue with a competitor for BlackBerry to became the leader and innovator that they once were. They were it at one time, but they fell asleep at the wheel. Just one last thing, I am NOT a BlackBerry hater. I waited patiently for BlackBerry to come up with something along the lines of the Samsung Note series because I truly loved BlackBerry phones. They could have, but they didn't. If they ever do, I'd probably come right back. Unfortunately, there appears to be a lack of vision at the top of BlackBerry. Either that, or they just don't care.
    09-23-16 10:15 PM
    I think many here are seriously underestimating Samsung. Yes, there was a battery problem with their flagship Galaxy Note 7. However, Samsung reacted quickly to the problem. They did not try to deny, or defend. They immediately recalled the Note 7s. They also rectified the problem and had new, safe Note 7s back to carriers quickly. The process went well for me. Like most Note 7 owners, I have not lost any confidence in Samsung. As has been said by others here, BlackBerry will not, and cannot, profit from Samsung's setback because they don't offer anything that comes near the Note 7. It's going to take a lot more than a battery issue with a competitor for BlackBerry to became the leader and innovator that they once were. They were it at one time, but they fell asleep at the wheel. Just one last thing, I am NOT a BlackBerry hater. I waited patiently for BlackBerry to come up with something along the lines of the Samsung Note series because I truly loved BlackBerry phones. They could have, but they didn't. If they ever do, I'd probably come right back. Unfortunately, there appears to be a lack of vision at the top of BlackBerry. Either that, or they just don't care.
    I think the issue is and will still be ongoing for a long time. The problem is many of the Note 7 owners don't know that their device has been recalled and they don't know there is a risk. Not all people hit the tech news sites like most of us in here.

Question: why isn't it possible for ANY manufacturer to send out some sort of warning recall text? Does anyone do this? For Rogers Wireless I get these worthless text messages that inform of certain plan and data deals I can get, etc. So how about when it is a potential dangerous situation?

I think this issue for Samsung is just beginning.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-16 10:24 PM
    I think the issue is and will still be ongoing for a long time. The problem is many of the Note 7 owners don't know that their device has been recalled and they don't know there is a risk. Not all people hit the tech news sites like most of us in here.

Question: why isn't it possible for ANY manufacturer to send out some sort of warning recall text? Does anyone do this? For Rogers Wireless I get these worthless text messages that inform of certain plan and data deals I can get, etc. So how about when it is a potential dangerous situation?

I think this issue for Samsung is just beginning.

Actually, we did receive texts advising us to power down our Note 7s and return them right away. I received texts from AT&T and Samsung. Note owners were made aware of the problem. Of course, that does not mean that they all heeded the call. Most did, I believe. At least in North America. As I said before, in my opinion, Samsung handled the problem very well.
    Ursus Rufus and TgeekB like this.
    09-23-16 10:29 PM
    Actually, we did receive texts advising us to power down our Note 7s and return them right away. I received texts from AT&T and Samsung. Note owners were made aware of the problem. Of course, that does not mean that they all heeded the call. Most did, I believe. At least in North America.
    Ah that's cool. Good to know. Yeah they probably have to TRY to warn people right away or the legal action could be a lot worse.....likely.

shaleem and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-23-16 10:31 PM
    Samsung blowing up at airports near you very soon. Thanks Droid devs.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-24-16 08:00 PM
    Well if north Korea ever deploys a nuke, south Korea could always carpet bomb them with defective samsung note 7s.

Passport!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    09-24-16 08:34 PM
    Well if north Korea ever deploys a nuke, south Korea could always carpet bomb them with defective samsung note 7s.

Passport!
    I like your strategy. How about next year we lift sanctions and they ship into Nk and start blowing up again. **** forgot they starving to death in NORTH Korea and China does not care.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-24-16 09:27 PM
    Galaxy S... ???

Check your notes, you might have it wrong... :-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    21stNow likes this.
    09-25-16 03:42 PM
    And.... another samsung, this time a tablet started to smoke on a plane and caused an emergency landing. The report makes it sound like the battery was crushed in the seat. Samsung just can't catch a break.

Passport!
    09-26-16 12:03 AM
    Samsung is currently getting destroyed.

Currently, every passenger who gets on a commercial flight in the United States is hearing some variation of the following announcement:

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to the recent recall of Samsung phones due to battery fires, if you have a Samsung phone we require you to keep it powered off and not charge it while on board the aircraft."

Every passenger.

Every flight.

Every day.

A brand cannot tolerate that level of negative advertising at an individual level and survive.

Samsung is toast.

Now knowing this, if Blackberry was a nimble company they would place ads for their phones strategically positioned in the dozen or so major airline hubs in the US...and full page ads in the three major inflight magazines in the US.

Will they?

Can someone get this post on Chen's desk?

Posted via CB10
    Why would BB even acknowledge this? It will do nothing to increase their bottom line. I just flew from Miami to Grand Cayman and back. Cayman Airlines to the island and American Airlines back to Miami. Never heard this speech at all
    09-26-16 05:13 PM
320 ... 34567 ...