It hard to believe that it has been almost 5 years since vendors started introducing 64GB devices. Over the years vendors including RIM have been making devices in standard 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB flavors. Now it looks like we will finally start seeing 128GB devices.

Who here would like to see a 128GB BB10 Phone? (yea I know most of us just want to see ANY BB10 Phone)

I want the new BB10 phones to be 32-64GB with expandable memory. I don't see the need to have 128GB in phone for most people. If someone needs that much they can always add a microSD card.
    09-21-12 10:56 PM
    i have 48 GBs in my s3 32 onboard. 16 GB sd card.

Almost full too.. Too many live sets (skrillex,tiesto, armin, dead Mau5, oakenfold, etc)
    09-21-12 11:06 PM
    And the starting price of a phone with 128GB flash memory.....your first born child
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-21-12 11:31 PM
    When will it end eh. Next year there will be 256gb , but I'm not complaining eh
    09-21-12 11:39 PM
    And the starting price of a phone with 128GB flash memory.....your first born child
    EXACTLY!
    So thats why I say 64 & then add more when / if you need to. No point making the rest of us pay for something we dont need.

Maybe in a few years...
    09-22-12 12:43 AM
    id like 128. The more space the better. my 32gb pb is full.
    09-22-12 01:16 AM
    OK, so I know I am old....but I remember, it seems not too long ago, where my DESKTOP had 1 meg of ram, and a 40 Meg hard drive.....and cost over $3000. its all relative....
    Stewartj1 and Knightcrawler like this.
    09-22-12 01:20 AM
    BB licenced Exfat file storage management from Microsoft this week.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    09-22-12 07:13 AM
    Famous words, "Who will ever that need that much?" We will and I'm sure we will have phones someday with 500GB-1TB of memory.
    09-22-12 07:59 AM
    With Games like bards tales and 1080p video becoming more of a standard,it makes sense.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    09-22-12 08:20 AM
    I think external storage is the way to go at this point. 128gb of internal storage just seems like an extreme luxury feature to me. Give me 16-32gb internal and unlimited expandability with MicroSD any day. It's cheaper, it's easier to backup and it offers more flexibility.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    09-22-12 09:10 AM
    I still remember when someone say 640KB will be enought for common people.... XD
    09-22-12 09:16 AM
    I think external storage is the way to go at this point. 128gb of internal storage just seems like an extreme luxury feature to me. Give me 16-32gb internal and unlimited expandability with MicroSD any day. It's cheaper, it's easier to backup and it offers more flexibility.
    I believe that having internal memory only really speeds things up as far as processes go in comparison to having to read things off of external storage. This is why the Nexus line of products doesn't use external storage and opted for internal only. Don't ask me how or why.. But I know its much "faster" (with all things relative) to only have internal storage.

That being said..Sign me up for more storage! Although I'm certainly glad im able to hook up my 1TB hard drive to my Nexus and use it when I need it But the more internal the better imo.
    09-22-12 11:56 AM
    I still remember when someone say 640KB will be enought for common people.... XD
    Actually, if I remember correctly, Bill Gates said that no one would ever need more than 256 kb memory. Now, of course that was proven to be misguided before very long, and he was talking RAM, not storage.

But I'm even older and recall the 8" floppy drives ... and the very first hard drive we bought which was 20 MB. We bought it for the accounting program, which didn't even add or subract (you had to input both lines - credit and debit). This was just after the change over from CP/M to MS Dos. LOL
    jakie55 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:03 PM
    I believe that having internal memory only really speeds things up as far as processes go in comparison to having to read things off of external storage. This is why the Nexus line of products doesn't use external storage and opted for internal only. Don't ask me how or why.. But I know its much "faster" (with all things relative) to only have internal storage.

That being said..Sign me up for more storage! Although I'm certainly glad im able to hook up my 1TB hard drive to my Nexus and use it when I need it But the more internal the better imo.
    Soldered NAND flash is a bit faster than SD, but its not night and day. SD is meant for storage like media and even apps. The only thing that would be slower with apps loaded on an SD card would be load times. Even then, it wouldn't be a night and day difference.
    09-22-12 12:53 PM
    Soldered NAND flash is a bit faster than SD, but its not night and day. SD is meant for storage like media and even apps. The only thing that would be slower with apps loaded on an SD card would be load times. Even then, it wouldn't be a night and day difference.
    Agreed. The average user wouldn't even notice the difference.. But personally.. Given the choice.. I'd sooner have more built in internal storage than external..although I do recognize the benefits to being able to swap out different SD cards.
    09-22-12 01:00 PM
    The Nexus line of Phones also avoid SD cards because they tend to introduce instability in the phone system. Not only because of the phone having to deal with two completely different file systems (Internal on type, SD another type) But also because the wide range of quality in SD cards. Lots of people simply buy the cheapest then wonder why their phone is suddenly acting up.
    09-22-12 01:50 PM
    i think 32GB internal (for apps, app data, messages, emails, etc) would be sufficient for me, and of course plus support for micro-SDXC (for movies, music, pictures, games, etc).

I still kinda think that RIM would go for just one storage capacity with BB10 and not offer multiple storage options like the iPhone. Its the same deal with current devices, all Bold 9900 has 8GB of memory only, but expandable. I'm going to guess 32GB with micro-sdxc support, with my reason being the LTE PlayBook only comes with 32GB option?

The WiFI PlayBook was an exception being offered in multiple capacity as it doesn't have micro-sd slot.
    09-22-12 04:48 PM
    One perk of 128 should be the others become cheaper.

My preferences would be expandable memory.
    09-22-12 07:41 PM
    I have 64 GB on my playbook and 40 GB (32 SD and 8 internal) on my 9900. Both have plenty of room to spare. I don't think I would have a need for 128 GB but I love options so it sounds good to me.
    09-22-12 07:55 PM
    I think I'd take internal too.

Sitting on 16 + 16 myself.
    09-22-12 09:30 PM
    Can we conclude, that the new Samsung S4 has an option for 128GB internal storage? In the leaked roadmap for 2013 BlackBerry releases a revamped PB in Q3, with 128GB internal storage. I hope the BB10 phones will also have the 128GB internal storage option. That would make an awesome device for multimedia and gaming with BB10. On the other side, I would like to see Office to Go make a giant leap in user experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD