I've been a hardcore BlackBerry fan user from my first BB torch, PlayBook, z10 on launch day and upgraded a year later to my current z30 (best all touch phone).

I ve been constantly defending and recommending to my friends and other ppl about the BB10 phones but I I've finally had it. Especially with the launch of the very expensive price tag of the Priv.

What's BlackBerry thinking of pricing the Priv so? Fine they want to cater only to the high end they re only gonna isolate themselves. Only Apple can get away with that price as they have the brand recognition and the ecosystem of apps, iCloud, Mac desktops and Laptops running Mac OS X to back it up.

BlackBerry has a tarnished reputation that will never recover again with consumers even if they went finally to running the Android OS. No more brand recognition except for being known for security which even that doesn't help much. Everything they are late to, delays with product launches, software releases and late to react to the market wants /needs. They never learn from their countless mistakes and probably will never!

I wanted the Priv only because of their BlackBerry software customization to mimic a little of BB10 (hub, vkb and etc. Despite having a 18 MP camera I heard mixed reviews until I finally passed by a Rogers store last night that had the Priv and S7 Edge. Comparing the feel of the phones and their camera s the S7 smoked the Priv's with its super fast auto focus and clarity of the pics. Priv's struggled with both. So sad and embarrassing. Even last yrs S6's camera smoked the Priv!

C'mon on BlackBerry when entering the Android market which is already saturated with well known players like Samsung, LG, Nexus, HTC and etc you need to be just as good or better to stand out. Sliding keyboard, with added security and high price tag is gonna appeal.

Mind you to most ppl the camera won't be a big deal and the OS or features is what will count or just having that keyboard. I'm tired of not being able to take good pics because my phone is BlackBerry which BlackBerry doesn't put any effort into providing a good camera.

This summer I plan on being able to take good /awesome pics like my other friends on iPhones and Android phones with my s7 edge soon to be phone.

Word of mouth is the best kind of advertising for a company. And a company like Samsung which listened to its customers dislikes of the S6 and incorporated their feedback onto S7 will get more traction. They re already known for having awesome cameras. That title no longer belongs to Apple iPhones!

Let's hear your opinions CB community

Posted via CB10
    Michael Quinn likes this.
    04-05-16 08:08 PM
    If you put more value on the camera then the S7 is probably a better choice for you. There's really not much of an opinion that can be given besides "I don't care if my phones camera is the best, it takes good enough pictures." There are pros and cons of every phone.

From a price standpoint I think the S7 edge is far more justified than the Priv's , but that's just my opinions.
    04-05-16 08:15 PM
    You might consider finding out if the Priv you tested in the store had received all its updates. Hasn't the camera software been updated a few times already?

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    04-05-16 08:58 PM
    You might consider finding out if the Priv you tested in the store had received all its updates. Hasn't the camera software been updated a few times already?

Posted via CB10
    Software updates aren't going to make it a better camera than the S7.
    southlander likes this.
    04-05-16 09:34 PM
    Respectfully, its not even close. The S7 is far superior to BB Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-05-16 09:54 PM
    Software updates aren't going to make it a better camera than the S7.
    Agreed!

Might help a tiny bit with camera software but definitely won't make it come even close to that of the S7 or S6. Samsung's cameras are just too good at moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 09:55 PM
    How's the physic key board on the S7? Superior too?
    Enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 10:38 PM
    How's the physic key board on the S7? Superior too?
    Enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    I don't need a physical keyboard. Obviously BlackBerry is the only company that makes superior keyboards for users who want /need it.

Thanks I will for sure enjoy the camera but I ll miss the hub, vkb, the peak and flow of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 11:51 PM
    For its premium price, reviews on Priv are pretty bad compared to other Android flagships. They brought nothing new to the table, other than the comeback of the sliding physical keyboard and the encryption. Although it's certainly a classy, great looking phone, looks are not the whole story.
    04-06-16 12:38 AM
    Yea but you have to like a physical home button you have to press a million times a day. No thanks.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    04-06-16 12:42 AM
    I left BB for the S7 as well. After five years of frustration, enough was enough. The only BB feature I truly miss is having all my notifications in one place, the hub. Other than that, the Android ecosystem is really not all that bad. Many BB users claim that apps aren't that important to them, but they are for me. I love not having to sideload apps anymore. Hell, half the native BB apps weren't properly updated. I really wanted to purchase the Priv, but after all the shenanigans and lack of leadership at BB, was afraid I'd get burned again.

Posted from my wonderful S7
    04-06-16 05:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887

Enjoy your S7 and don't forget to join discussion in android central
    04-06-16 05:10 AM