Yesterday i had a friend for dinner. It happens that he had a samsung s4. Nagging all the time about the fact that he have had changed the battery twice in less than a year and whenever and still the battery is less than satisfactory (he recharged it at my place). I entered from there to litterally bully him and his choice of gadgets. First of i started with the battery (obviously) where i showed him how i swipe up to know the battery level (was 67%) and then showed him from my device monitor that it was around 5 hours from the last recharge and 6 hours remaining. He didnt comment. (1-0). We then talked about the devices' ability to resist time and accidents, here he just got his cover off the phone to show me the plastic in all its glary glory before i get my coverless 1 year and a half old q10 to show him a single scratch (very small) my bb had a while ago.
    He then told me about screen real estate. I just asked him to open a chat on whatsapp. He opened a chat, opened the keyboard, then showed him my q10 next to it and asked him: what screen real estate? Knowing he uses his phone strictly for communication (and an instagram app) he just stood silent. But what really made the difference was after we went out to a restaurant, he then, embarrasingly nagged about the bad signal on his phone blaming it on the carrier (the same as mine) showing me zero signal, before i get my phone to show him my full signal (yea, all full signal) on my Q10. At this point he was embarrassed with his phone.

My point here is the media is constantly talking about things on the devices that are really shallow while not even mentioning the basics of any phone! How can a company show a full specced phone with a poor battery life, poor signal, not able to stay for more than year without looking a junk, and that old that quick. These phones are an embarrassment for the oems and a clear scandal for their engineers.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    rarsen, mkiiw and peednus like this.
    07-21-14 09:32 AM
    These phones are an embarrassment for the oems and a clear scandal for their engineers.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 was the best selling Android smartphone ever during its day. Heck, it might still be the best. Do we really think Samsung is feeling embarrassed?

Btw, protip: fighting with friends over phones is a good way to end friendships.
    07-21-14 09:51 AM
    The Samsung Galaxy S4 was the best selling Android smartphone ever during its day. Heck, it might still be the best. Do we really think Samsung is feeling embarrassed?

Btw, protip: fighting with friends over phones is a good way to end friendships.
    No it was more of a friendly chat and teasing not an argument like i typed it here. And yes i know specs wise s4 was a great phone but i just played on the cons all the time.

saxxman and spikesolie like this.
    07-21-14 09:55 AM
    No it was more of a friendly chat and teasing not an argument like i typed it here. And yes i know specs wise s4 was a great phone but i just played on the cons all the time.

Actually, I wouldn't say the S4 was a great a phone. Lol I personally do not like Samsung phones. So I agree with you there that they have a lot of issues. I'd rather have a Q10 over a S4 any day. I was only saying that I don't think Samsung feels any embarrassment over their phones that set sales records.

I still hope for LG and/or HTC to catch up and surpass Samsung. Their dominance over Android has lasted more than long enough.
    07-21-14 10:03 AM
    I do it too bud, I always manage to throw in quips whenever my IOS and Android carrying buddies have problems, which my Q10 never seems to have.
    07-21-14 10:04 AM
    I love to beat the **** outta my Q10 and it still looks about a month old!

Posted via Commodore 64
    07-21-14 10:27 AM
    I am excited to be trading in my S4 for a Q10. I have had the S4 for around a year but I was happier with a BB.
    07-21-14 02:05 PM
    Yes...because "literally bullying" your friends about devices is a great thing! I also love how it's ok for BlackBerry users to shove their devices in other people's faces, but it's completely wrong and inconsiderate for iPhone and Android users to do it to BlackBerry users. Yay double standards!
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    07-21-14 09:33 PM

Yeah, it's nice how you can have two different tones when it's convenient.
    07-21-14 09:35 PM
    If you had one of those constantly rebooting z10s, you two would've had one more thing in common...defective phones. I mean.. no bars vs full bars? My friend's s4 constantly gets better signal reception compared to my z10.
    Last edited by propeller10; 07-21-14 at 09:47 PM. Reason: misspelling
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-21-14 09:42 PM
    If you had one of those constantly rebooting z10s, you two would've had one more thing in common...defective phones. I mean.. no bars vs full bars? My friend's s4 constantly gets better signal reception compared to by z10.

It's all about cherry picking in phone warz and not the big picture
    propeller10 likes this.
    07-21-14 09:45 PM
    If he's only using it as a communication device, obvie q10 will seem better. But if he's just going to browse, watch videos, take photos and view them, and want the latest apps, the s4 is still the better phone.

Also, there's nothing wrong with teasing among friends.

CB10 on the Q10
    07-22-14 12:34 AM
    The s4 was the first Android phone I bought and will likely be the last.

Android handles messaging so poorly compared to bb10 and the interface everything just takes longer and seems backwards compared to bb10.

Which brings me to Samsung gimmick spamming app spamming and laggy **** crap touchwiz.

I honestly cannot believe how popular that phone is when even in android there are much better phones out there.

1.9 quad core lagging... unreal.

The only advantage I see in android is customization (which is a necessity if you want to survive using half of the crappy androids out there), ecosystem, and google services and app integration - which to me isn't enough.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-22-14 12:41 AM
    It's all about cherry picking in phone warz and not the big picture
    Well if we use common sense, we see that that's what phone reviews are.

For example if my phone doesn't come with blue tooth, and my friend has a phone with blue tooth, but neither of us ever use blue tooth, what are the chances that that will be the main focus of a phone argument?

You cherry pick what's common to both of you and see.

On another note the random z10 reboot has happened sporadically to me and I know why

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:19 PM
    My daughter loves her S4 and I love my Q10, depends on the user and what their needs are. Today, all phones are good. They have come along way since the car phone

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-22-14 01:22 PM