You don't think it's news that the head of the entire UK BlackBerry operation, a market frequently touted as a BB10 success story, has left BB to work for a rival company; and has done so a couple of weeks before the quarterly figures are revealed?
    No. Because:

a) who gives a **** what individual employees do
    b) VPs of anything are a dime a dozen at RIM (it's amazing they don't yet have a VP of vending machines yet)
    c) moves like this don't happen over night
    06-27-13 02:38 PM
    I think he took a few BB employees with him, one is Suzy Loyd (PR or Marketing I can't remember exactly)
    06-27-13 02:41 PM
    No. Because:

a) who gives a **** what individual employees do
    b) VPs of anything are a dime a dozen at RIM (it's amazing they don't yet have a VP of vending machines yet)
    c) moves like this don't happen over night
    Yup, you're right.

Hardly newsworthy at all really. UK Head leaves just before earning results announced, nothing to see here, plenty of VPs to replace him... perhaps they could promote that guy responsible for vending machines?

pantlesspenguin and h20work like this.
    06-27-13 03:10 PM
    Can't blame the guy at all. Its all about giving the best you can to your family and yourself!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    06-27-13 03:51 PM
    Yup, you're right.

Hardly newsworthy at all really. UK Head leaves just before earning results announced, nothing to see here, plenty of VPs to replace him... perhaps they could promote that guy responsible for vending machines?

Lol, I don't remember seeing any vending machines but they do have a nice coffee/sandwich shop as soon as you walk through the doors
    06-27-13 05:09 PM
    Mobile Today | Samsung poaches BlackBerry's Rob Orr

Rob Orr left Blackberry last month without notice and now we no why!!
    There was a lot of speculation as to what happened to have him leave Blackberry, so here it is folks.

He wasn't fired that's for sure.
    This story makes sense now with the state that BlackBerry (RIM) is in. He probably left or was asked to find work elsewhere because I am sure TH and others knew what was going to happen today.
    06-28-13 09:41 PM
    To a corporation? No way.

Was BBRY loyal last year when they cut their work force? No. Business is business.
    actually... yes, they were.

rather than try to help everyone they, which they knew would end up in EVERYONE losing their jobs, they did what had to be done to ensure some people still had jobs to go to.

in my mind, they SAVED a lot of jobs.
    06-28-13 11:09 PM
    actually... yes, they were.

rather than try to help everyone they, which they knew would end up in EVERYONE losing their jobs, they did what had to be done to ensure some people still had jobs to go to.

in my mind, they SAVED a lot of jobs.
    I can speak from personal experience, they cut top performers and outsourced to other countries. True story.
    06-28-13 11:52 PM
    Also of interest is that the following people have all recently left BlackBerry after the launch of BB10:

Marc Gingras (CEO & Founder of Tungle - formerly Sr. Director, Handheld Applications)
    Dr. Ronjon Nag (CEO & CoFounder of CellMania - formerly VP of App World & Intelligent Systems)
    T.A. McCann (CEO & Founder of Gist - formerly VP - BBM (Blackberry Messenger) and social communities)
    07-03-13 08:06 PM
    Hope its not a promotional one. Anyway thanks for the info.
    07-04-13 01:19 AM
    Also of interest is that the following people have all recently left BlackBerry after the launch of BB10:

Marc Gingras (CEO & Founder of Tungle - formerly Sr. Director, Handheld Applications)
    Dr. Ronjon Nag (CEO & CoFounder of CellMania - formerly VP of App World & Intelligent Systems)
    T.A. McCann (CEO & Founder of Gist - formerly VP - BBM (Blackberry Messenger) and social communities)
    I'm not surprised about these people leaving. They're all entrepreneurs who had their companies acquired by BlackBerry 2-3 years ago. I'm guessing they probably had incentives built into their terms of acquisition to reward them for staying on at least a couple years.

It is hard to keep successful entrepreneurs on board long term. Take a look at all the companies that say Google acquired 2-3 years ago and see how founders have left by now. Google can toss tons of cash and valuable options at those founders, but that's not enough to keep many of them. Entrepreneurs often don't like being part of a large company for very long. They're going to start another company again once they can.
    07-04-13 02:07 AM
    What about those guys who chewed through their restraints on the plane? Where are they now??

Was Rob Orr the guy in the TV interviews at the 10 launch that looked like the deer caught in the headlights? He kept not answering the interviewers question?
    07-04-13 03:35 AM
37 12