I have mentioned this before, given that BB10 was a new platform why didn't BlackBerry set up stores to market their new platform? Samsung thought it right to start setting up similar stores as Apple! Why didn't management decide to spend part of their budget in a similar venture? The Carriers since launch of BB10 were dissuading customers from BlackBerry, why leave marketing and sale of a new device to chance? Please don't tell me that it's not feasible to market 1 product! Apple has ONE basic phone with little iterations!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:52 PM
    I don't quite think you understand the cost involved with setting up stores. They've been there before.... and they've failed. Aside from that, there is stores that exist in key markets where BlackBerry is huge. Where exactly do you want these stores, if not in the key markets where BlackBerry is strong?

You want them pissing away more cash on North America where they're insanely weak and the brand has been beat to a pulp? Also, your reference to Apple only selling one product is obtuse. Have you ever been inside an Apple Store or are you just hating because it's Apple?

I bought my MacBook at one. I bought my iPad at one. I bought my iPhone 5 at one. I bought my AirPort at one. I bought my iPod at one. I even bought lightbulbs for my apt. at one. Sure sounds like more than one product to me. Needless to say, while the iPhone might be their top selling product, there is more than that bringing people into stores.

And I won't even bother with getting into the fact that if you're setting up a store, you also need to set up after sales care which would be another cost associated with having BlackBerry store locations and is also a big part of why Apple stores are so successful.
    09-27-13 06:55 PM