Oh I still have my SGIII! I run it alongside my iPhone and my Z.

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    Lucky!

(BBM#33)
    10-15-13 12:58 AM
    Owning an S4 and now a Note3, both of which have multi-window, I'll say this: a very cool feature that is fun to show off. But really annoying when you get down to using it. Of you have emails open in one of the windows, the second you pull up the keyboard it makes the other window so small it's basically not there. The multi-window is best used for apps that require no typing. I.e. Browsing two webpages, editing pictures, reading a PDF, etc. And since the list of apps that work in multi-window mode is limited, it really stunts the experience. It's a great step in the right direction, but as it stand is more of a show off feature than a functional feature.

Also, and as many have already noted, wholly dysfunctional on a small screen. Even the S4 renders it more or less useless.

I am not anticipating BlackBerry trying to do something like this.

Night Radio Show Tune-In and Discussion: C0012487D Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS: C00121BDD
    I think this feature is better implemented for larger screen. Such as tablets. My friend is using feature in her 10.1 note and it is extremely useful.
    semperfi45 and JR A like this.
    10-15-13 01:00 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is very possible of this. I hope BlackBerry bring it to their current devices!!!!

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    10-15-13 01:49 AM
    the more i look at that the more I think i'll prefer android on tablets. Not that its a bad phone, but I feel "limited". A tablet's screen size should do that OS justice. Though, don't ask me to make calls by sticking a 7"/11" slab on the side of my face! Hahahaha!
    Terser Nori and gfondeur like this.
    10-15-13 02:04 AM
    took you longer to type out "Press the image > hold the image > hit share > hit BBM > scroll to your contact > hit contact > hit send. That's not fast, that's slow as hell. " than to actually share the picture.....
    10-15-13 02:05 AM
    My wife also said she can multitask. Haha

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:26 AM
    Im sorry but you simply don't know what you're talking about or haven't used anything other than a blackberry....the new BB10 phones multitask worse then my playbook....trying recording something on your new z10 and answer the phone while continuing to record or even answer an email....have fun with the z10s amazing multitasking straight from 2008
    Why would you need to record something while answering the phone? LMFAO... At least TRY to be somewhat realistic when describing user experience.
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk likes this.
    10-15-13 03:54 AM
    I wrote an article on this wayyyyyyy back. Maybe even talking about PlayBook when it first came out. To me, true multitasking is a split screen experience. BB10 is extremely fast in and out, but not "true" multitasking just yet... at least by my personal definition of it. Need a big screen for split screen to make sense, but it's definitely cool to see it starting to work on mobile. Definitely feel like BB10 can handle it... just needs to be built in.

I have another point of view in addition to that: multitasking (of the device) means parallel working apps like facebook, weather, BBM (f.e). Beside my personal taste (I hate active frames) its a fact, that all active frames (if the app supports this feature) will constantly updated and show this "changings" in a minimized way... To split a screen is no big deal! BB will be able to install this graphic program and its no problem to push content from one window (or part of the display) to another window.... There�s no need for multitasking to fullfil this feature cause it needs just a graphic program to keep another "Frame" open while another frame appears... BB multitasks but a splitscreen would be a nice feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:54 AM
    This is the only function that I really miss since I sold my S3. And it works really great!!
    10-15-13 05:20 AM
    You would do well to count how many things actually happen in the "one step" shown in this video. Open the menu bar on the left side of the screen > select the app you want to multitask > tap the pop-up menu button > select the copy/drag and drop icon > drag and drop the image... it looks like there is no need to "send" in the messaging app shown as the image seemed to be received instantaneously. I haven't actually used this feature so I don't know if that's true but maybe it's like screen sharing on BBM. I'm not knocking the split screen; that's definitely a great feature on a large enough screen. I'm sure it can make a better user experience if done right but I'm not convinced it's faster than the alternatives.
    You also don't need to select which contact you want to share with as it instinctively knows and has the contact pre-selected for you even if you open the same app "share-on" twice. Nor do you even need to type your messages as it appears to be connected directly to your brain and can literally read your mind. This I find to be the greatest feature of all of them.

Posted via CB10
    purpledog10 and JakeTheCat like this.
    10-15-13 05:31 AM
    ***Dream device***

Samsung multitasking + LG multitasking + BlackBerry Playbook multitasking = I'd buy it yesterday. Too bad somebody doesn't do all of these in one
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-15-13 05:50 AM
    To me, true multitasking is a split screen experience. BB10 is extremely fast in and out, but not "true" multitasking just yet... at least by my personal definition of it. Need a big screen for split screen to make sense, but it's definitely cool to see it starting to work on mobile.
    Sounds like an endorsement of the Note 2 and 3!

This is garbage multitasking. What you do not realize is that only selected few apps work with this Samsung multitasking. I've had Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and i have seen it in action. BB10 has the best multitasking
    What's "garbage" about it? Because you didn't want/need/like to use it? That's solely your opinion, built upon your own all-too obvious prejudices. Tons of other people do find it quite useful. And, as Kevin indicates, this is indeed true multitasking, and something BB10 does not have ("yet"), despite your ipse dixit.

BTW, there is a thread on CB's sister site, Android Central, collecting all of the apps that are compatible with Multi Window on the Note 2 (and presumably Note 3): Multi Window Compatible Apps & User Guide - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    10-15-13 06:06 AM
    that is amazing... although clearly that only works with a split screen. without 2 window pains, how would one drag and drop anything directly into a messaging platform, bbm, whatsapp etc? this is not only blackberry, no other operating syste, can do that unless you have split screen capabilities.

i dont fear for blackberry. 10.3 (hopefully) will have some pretty nifty new features.. if and when it is announced!!!

although this should be implemented into the z30...
    10-15-13 06:11 AM
    It's comments like this that make Al Gore regret inventing the internet.
    Thanks Fox news. Google sucks because they hate their country. They took advantage of NSF funds to become what they are and now hide their profits overseas to avoid paying taxes. The apologists will now storm in saying that's OK because making money is always the best goal and it's legal which beats ethics and loyalty any day and so on.

As far as multitasking goes, I use the multiple frame method more effectively. I like to easily jump to full screen multi tasking. But I'm always impressed with how the note achieves it's multi tasking too. I just bought one for my SO and am looking forward to setting it up for her.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:21 AM
    Why would you need to record something while answering the phone? LMFAO... At least TRY to be somewhat realistic when describing user experience.
    What? Say you're on vacation and shooting a video of your kids on the beach but then the phone rings. You see it's your brother Rick. You answer it, while the phone continues to record the video.

"Hey Rick! I can't really talk right now. I'm on the beach with the kids. Kids, say hi to your uncle Rick."

(kids wave and say hi)

"That was sweet. I'll send you a copy of the video after dinner. Talk to you later"

They hang up, and the video keeps rolling.
    Toodeurep, kbz1960 and Donvald like this.
    10-15-13 06:26 AM
    What? Say you're on vacation and shooting a video of your kids on the beach but then the phone rings. You see it's your brother Rick. You answer it, while the phone continues to record the video.

"Hey Rick! I can't really talk right now. I'm on the beach with the kids. Kids, say hi to your uncle Rick."

(kids wave and say hi)

"That was sweet. I'll send you a copy of the video after dinner. Talk to you later"

I'm not disagreeing with you but I think I can record video and talk on the phone at the same time on my Z. I'll need to test it out though. The phone on the Z isn't an active frame required app.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:33 AM
    Note to put too fine a point on it (although you can adjust the fineness of the S Pen's point):

Samsung multitasking. Wish BB10 had it-screenshot_2013-10-15-07-28-14.jpg
    10-15-13 06:34 AM

(kids wave and say hi)

I was sooooo hoping BB10 built upon the PBOS version of mulitasking. Your scenario is perfect!
    10-15-13 06:36 AM
    Google's android is just a bit ridiculous. I mean cmon, an entire business model built upon spying on you and helping the NSA spy on you?!? Oh, and they even show pictures of R2D2 and C3PO. How ******* dorky is that, lol. Wtf.

I'm sure the NSA is very interested in your tweets about Miley Cyrus during class....
    10-15-13 06:39 AM

(kids wave and say hi)

Uncle Rick shouldn't be bugging me while I'm on vacation. And if I'm recording video, I don't really want to be editing out drunk Uncle Ricks voice from it....
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk and gfondeur like this.
    10-15-13 06:46 AM
    BTW, there is a thread on CB's sister site, Android Central, collecting all of the apps that are compatible with Multi Window on the Note 2 (and presumably Note 3): Multi Window Compatible Apps & User Guide - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    WHAT, NO INSTAGRAM OR NETFLIX!! When will the big named apps come? The platform is doomed
    grover5, JasW and gfondeur like this.
    10-15-13 06:47 AM
    I'm not disagreeing with you but I think I can record video and talk on the phone at the same time on my Z. I'll need to test it out though. The phone on the Z isn't an active frame required app.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say the Z couldn't . I honestly don't know if it can or not. I was just supplying a scenario for the poster that couldn't conceptualize why one would want to be able to keep a video rolling while answering the phone.
    kbz1960 and grover5 like this.
    10-15-13 06:49 AM
    Windows tablets do this too, not sure about the phones.

I'll just say it seems everything is a gimmick to some if their choice of platform doesn't do it and then when their platform does it, it's the best thing in the world.
    pantlesspenguin and Donvald like this.
    10-15-13 06:55 AM
    Multitasking? Does it really exist if the majority of the device owner use the phone is not on the prosumer side?
    10-15-13 06:59 AM
    I agree. The S Pen has made the Note something to really have. It is very handy and easy to use. The only problem with the Note is that it isn't anymore a handphone due to its size. If only BlackBerry can include this it would make Q10 perhaps the unbeatable!

Posted using my Q10
    10-15-13 07:06 AM
314 ... 23456 ...