10-30-13 10:27 AM
314 1234 ...
tools
    If you want to share an image you don't have to go to the hub, just press/hold the picture, choose share and select to whom, now with the priority hub if you have an actual conversation going on, that contact appears first in a bigger square, it's fast and easy.
    collinc93 likes this.
    10-14-13 04:34 PM
    I don't like the multitasking on my S3, it's a start but it's not nearly the experience it needs to be. Why is netflix not supported in multitasking? When I'm watching a movie or show I don't want to have to leave the netflix app to reply to a facebook message. Also the apps that are "optimized" need some serious working. Just my two cents.
    10-14-13 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry can multi task as well pal

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    Im sorry but you simply don't know what you're talking about or haven't used anything other than a blackberry....the new BB10 phones multitask worse then my playbook....trying recording something on your new z10 and answer the phone while continuing to record or even answer an email....have fun with the z10s amazing multitasking straight from 2008
    10-14-13 04:39 PM
    that would be dope to be able to have similar functions on t he BB10 platform.
    10-14-13 04:41 PM
    Damn, I'm jelly. Does it work as flawless as that video? I've never used a Samsung device.
    There is a tiny bit of a stutter on my SGIII sometimes, but on my co worker's Note 2 it's perfectly smooth. I can imagine what it would be like on the Note 3!!!
    10-14-13 04:47 PM
    Yes it looks cool but it's like the debate on should BlackBerry bring back the track pad. The stylus is a technology that has seen its day. The notes multiple tasking would be a different experience if it didn't use a stylus. I don't know it is a good multitasking model anyone wants to copy.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    You don't need the stylus. Although I like the stylus because it keeps the screen cleaner.

I can use it on my SGIII with or without a stylus.
    10-14-13 04:49 PM
    Google's android is just a bit ridiculous. I mean cmon, an entire business model built upon spying on you and helping the NSA spy on you?!? Oh, and they even show pictures of R2D2 and C3PO. How ******* dorky is that, lol. Wtf.
    10-14-13 04:51 PM
    I can't see the Z10 or Q10/5 being able to do this properly, but I'd love to be able to do this on my soon to be Z30
    10-14-13 04:52 PM
    Google's android is just a bit ridiculous. I mean cmon, an entire business model built upon spying on you and helping the NSA spy on you?!? Oh, and they even show pictures of R2D2 and C3PO. How ******* dorky is that, lol. Wtf.
    and what does the NSA have to do with multitasking?
    10-14-13 04:58 PM
    I hate to break it to you but bbry 10 isnt nsa proof

Only bes 10 phones are immune to nsa
    That is well documented

nsa and doj set the standards for encryption
    multitasking is a great flow on the s4 and s3 with android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 try it I can have video playing in the side while im writing an email

I can read msgs sent by going half split screen
    10-14-13 04:59 PM
    This is unreal, I wish I had this on my BB10 but the thing is. How crappy would it look on my Q10 device? That's the issue. Everything would look small and crammed.

Like above I don't care about hardware multitasking, I care about software multitasking. I do agree with Kevin, there is potential at making BB10 true at multitasking. They have the base for it. They just need to somehow implement it into BB10.

The only "true" software multitasking so far is checking messages (half L swipe, to peek in the Hub) and french toast notifications (pop down messages when in any app). Those so far are nicely done but they need to take multitasking to a whole different level somehow.

Posted via CB10
    purpledog10 likes this.
    10-14-13 05:10 PM
    It's comments like this that make Al Gore regret inventing the internet.
    10-14-13 05:12 PM
    The stylus is irrelevant. You could achieve the same thing with your finger via drag and drop. What I'm talking about is the fact they can drag and drop images into conversations AND view two apps simultaneously.
    Pretty sure anything you can do with the stylus (in that video) you can do with your finger. The stylus is included on the note 3 as an additional tool, mainly to cater to graphics artists for whom you can not achieve the same thing with your finger. IIRC the Note stylus (aka S Pen) is also pressure sensitive like a Wacom tablet letting you alter the line as you draw it by the pressure you put on the stroke. Another thing you can't do with a finger.
    Why they showed using a stylus for drag and drop in that video, no idea.
    Still the multitasking on the Note is nice. Split screening on the phones not so nice. Hopefully on the larger phones BB can do similar things.
    10-14-13 05:15 PM
    If you want to share an image you don't have to go to the hub, just press/hold the picture, choose share and select to whom, now with the priority hub if you have an actual conversation going on, that contact appears first in a bigger square, it's fast and easy.
    Nobody said you had to go to the hub. However, the sharing screen overlaps whatever you are looking at originally thus you need to backpedal out of the sharing screen to regain access to whatever you were looking at originally. That's not multitasking. Multitasking is the ability to do multiple tasks concurrently simultaneously without interruption. Not to mention, there's more steps than what you have just described: Press the image > hold the image > hit share > hit BBM > scroll to your contact > hit contact > hit send. That's not fast, that's slow as hell.
    10-14-13 05:32 PM

5:06 onwards. Damn, that's pretty advanced. Honestly wished BlackBerry had those abilities, even without the pen. I would love to be able to drag and drop pictures off of websites into BBM etc without having to hold down the image, select share, select BBM, select contact and then hit send. Like that's true multitasking, not BlackBerry's attempt. No wonder Samsung is the leader in the phone market.

Almost makes me wish I had a Note 3, except it's Android.
    This is garbage multitasking. What you do not realize is that only selected few apps work with this Samsung multitasking. I've had Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and i have seen it in action. BB10 has the best multitasking

Posted via CB10
    banana_512 likes this.
    10-14-13 05:40 PM
    I've had Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and i have seen it in action.
    I'm actually more interested in your time machine.
    10-14-13 06:44 PM
    Pretty sure anything you can do with the stylus (in that video) you can do with your finger. The stylus is included on the note 3 as an additional tool, mainly to cater to graphics artists for whom you can not achieve the same thing with your finger. IIRC the Note stylus (aka S Pen) is also pressure sensitive like a Wacom tablet letting you alter the line as you draw it by the pressure you put on the stroke. Another thing you can't do with a finger.
    Why they showed using a stylus for drag and drop in that video, no idea.
    Still the multitasking on the Note is nice. Split screening on the phones not so nice. Hopefully on the larger phones BB can do similar things.
    I haven't watched this particular video, but I have seen others. Some of the actions that you use the S Pen for require the button push for the task to go as smoothly as it does in the videos. If you do this same task using your finger, you would have to select an action from a menu since you aren't issuing the command via the S Pen and button-push or double-tap gestures.
    10-14-13 06:46 PM
    I'm actually more interested in your time machine.
    I think they are talking about-

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 | Wi-Fi | Samsung Mobile
    10-14-13 06:52 PM
    minute 3:56 is also an awesome feature....
    10-14-13 06:56 PM
    It's a damn nice phone, they finally got the S-pen implementation on point. As for the multitasking, it is "true multitasking" can't really disagree with that. I think it really has to do with screen size ofcourse, and the s-pen functionality. Why need the s-pen? Because of the massive screen size, it makes navigating through the phone and multitasking much more of a breeze than simply using your finger.
    This phone was made to use with the s-pen, it's the core of the note 3's functionality. Behind the note 3, bb10 has the best multitasking experience out of all the other phones out at the moment (s4, HTC one, LG g2, iphone 5, WP) in my opinion at least. I'll give credit where credit is due, Samsung hit it out of the park with the note 3.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-14-13 07:09 PM
    This is unreal, I wish I had this on my BB10 but the thing is. How crappy would it look on my Q10 device? That's the issue. Everything would look small and crammed.
    I think it's intended only for bigger screen smartphones. So yeah it wouldn't look too good on a smaller screen like that of the Q10.
    Would love to see a BB version implemented on a Z30 though or Playbook ... (one can dream ..).
    10-14-13 07:19 PM
    This is garbage multitasking. What you do not realize is that only selected few apps work with this Samsung multitasking. I've had Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and i have seen it in action. BB10 has the best multitasking

Posted via CB10
    Really? I can have internet, which accesses everything, mail, whatsapp, facebook, youtube, twitter, chaton, gallery, maps, hangouts, texting and more available to split screen. With the Internet being one of those apps that can go on split screen I've got the whole of the internet to choose from to split and access any information I want.

If BlackBerry had implemented this it would be considered brilliant. But because Samsung implemented it, then it's considered garbage? Nah.....credit where credit is due.
    10-14-13 07:21 PM
    I do not think that word means what you think it means. How is it fake? It exists and it works the way the video describes it. I just asked my friends with Samsungs. Nothing fake about it.
    I was just kidding Catlin. Looks pretty cool. I won't buy it, but it looks pretty cool.
    10-14-13 07:25 PM
    I think they are talking about-

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 | Wi-Fi | Samsung Mobile
    Ah. The Galaxy Note 8.0. Got it.
    BerryWizard and JR A like this.
    10-14-13 07:29 PM
    Nice advertisement. I don't think BlackBerry has ever done anything even close to this.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:35 PM
314 1234 ...