I didn't say Samsung was junk. I just said stuff made in China can't be the most secure. Especially Android stuff.

BTW, early Japanese cars were junk, almost bio degradable.

Posted via CB10
    Is there a special Chinese version if Android? LOL.
    04-18-16 07:16 PM
    Is there a special Chinese version if Android? LOL.
    I dunno. Ask Lenovo or Huwaie.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 08:06 PM
    Not really.... KNOX can work with BES, but it also works without it. The Samsung/BlackBerry "collaboration" was for BlackBerry's benefit to add support to BES12 so that it could work with KNOX (even then I think BB10 devices days were numbered). KNOX even has their own stand alone EMM that works with Android KNOX devices, plain jane Android and iOS.... but not BlackBerry.
    As soon as Chen walked through the door bb10's days were numbered

#luvmybb10os
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-18-16 09:46 PM

#luvmybb10os
    Sure, let's ignore the reality that BB10 OS wasn't supported by many major software companies long before they changed CEOs. Can't blame John Chen for BB10 not being popular. That problem comes 100% from BB10 being 3 to 4 years too late. End users and software producers were just too busy with iOS and Android to care about BB10 or Win Mobile 7, 8, and even 10.

- CrackBerry App for Android on Samsung S6
    JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    04-19-16 12:42 AM
    You've got the timeline the wrong way around.

The BB Board had already decided BB10's days were numbered because it had pretty-much killed the company and forced them to put BlackBerry up for sale. As there were no buyers, Prem (the majority stockholder IIRC), loaned BB some working money, and hired Chen to put their plan of a BB10-free future into operation. At that point, Chen walked through the door...
    04-19-16 01:22 AM
    Sure, let's ignore the reality that BB10 OS wasn't supported by many major software companies long before they changed CEOs. Can't blame John Chen for BB10 not being popular. That problem comes 100% from BB10 being 3 to 4 years too late. End users and software producers were just too busy with iOS and Android to care about BB10 or Win Mobile 7, 8, and even 10.

- CrackBerry App for Android on Samsung S6
    But you can definitely blame Chen for Priv not being popular.
    And that is a bigger failure than Bb10 phones not being popular.
    04-19-16 01:24 AM
    Should I also laugh about secure BBM?
    04-19-16 11:40 AM
    Android, iOS & Windows Phone all include Wi-Fi passwords in the backups that they upload to the cloud. BB10 almost certainly would as well if BlackBerry offered a cloud backup service.

Android & iOS (likely WP as well) allow you to disable cloud backups, your Wi-Fi passwords aren't stored in the cloud if you disable them. When you turn off backups, the Android confirmation states: "Stop backing up your Wi-Fi passwords, bookmarks, other settings and app data, plus erase all copies on Google servers?" This isn't a KNOX setting, any Android device has this ability.
    Attachment 397562

In a highly secured environment, I doubt cloud backups would ever be enabled/allowed through the device management software in the first place, regardless of what OS is being used. Also, I would think that a Wi-Fi password would be at most a minor concern in a secured environment. If a government/corporation's Wi-Fi password is their primary line of defense, security isn't their priority anyway.

What is your main concern? That Google will "go rogue" and use your password to access your network? The class-action lawsuit would be epic. If your concern is that someone will hack Google, some of the most secure servers on Earth, you can find solace in the fact that if someone is capable of hacking Google to obtain your data, they're infinitely more capable of compromising you through other means. If your concern is law enforcement, go ahead and turn off cloud back-ups, but don't think that your Wi-Fi password will prevent law enforcement from accessing your network.
    Thanks for shedding some light on this. :-)

In the past, the weren't a whole lot of class action lawsuits where there should have been (a least I felt that way). Tech companies get away with more than we probably like. Just read the T&C. Such a lawsuit needs to have a chance of being successful, otherwise no lawyer will tackle it, regardless of how justified it would be from a consumer's or layman's perspective...

Windows 8 EULA preempts class action lawsuit? Did you read that? I did, but didn't like it... :-D

______

edit:
    Sure anyone determined could hack my WiFi. It's not only a question of "IF", but also whether it's justified and whether "they" (LE, nation state, cybercrim, nosey neighbour) have a RIGHT to do so under law or the constitution (or a more transcendental, moral, philosophical or metaphysical ethics based framework).

I'd simply like be the only one with legal (and moral) access to and possession of my WiFi key. That's why in won't back it up to the cloud. Sure our opinions may differ on that one.

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-19-16 04:18 PM
    I didn't say Samsung was junk. I just said stuff made in China can't be the most secure. Especially Android stuff.

BTW, early Japanese cars were junk, almost bio degradable.

Posted via CB10
    Yes the assembly line is where you go to put in surveillance software.

Please, this crackberry delusions are getting old
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-21-16 12:15 AM
59 123