Samsung Launches New ?High-Security? Galaxy S III In Germany For ?1,700 http://drippler.com/updates/share/sa...i-germany-1700 Via j.mp/drippler_app

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:00 AM
    Wow, that's €1,700 (well over $2,000) with a 2-year contract.
    Ouch.
    09-10-13 11:07 AM
    Added detail to title and moved thread to News & Rumors Forum.

At least author mentions how BBRY's Secure Work Space already offers similar features to Android & iOS, as of earlier this year. Nice plug for BES.
    09-10-13 11:12 AM
    For an SIII, not even an S4??
    09-10-13 06:49 PM
    Outdated after today ....

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...d=yahoobarrons

"there's nothing else like this out there"
    09-10-13 07:33 PM
    Outdated after today ....
    Says who? Perhaps someone with no clue...

...and indeed, another "expert" - by all means and purposes DES has been superseded by AES and in the light of recent revelations about the NSA I doubt anyone would touch the partially NSA-developed DES anyway (it's obvious now that it has been weakened or even comes with a backdoor, not to mention even triple DES is considered to be theoretically crackable if I remember correctly.)
    Yeah, "technology consultancy", my *** - any Android phone can use a now-standard very strong encryption (AES256) at API-level, there's Qualcomm's secure execution and its QSEECom API etc etc. I don't develop security products so maybe someone with more experience can chime in otherwise but for me ]he sure sounds like a classic loudmouthed ***** kissing Apple's *** hoping for some stupid business from gullible CIOs in his area.
    09-10-13 09:46 PM
    Says who? Perhaps someone with no clue...

...and indeed, another "expert" - by all means and purposes DES has been superseded by AES and in the light of recent revelations about the NSA I doubt anyone would touch the partially NSA-developed DES anyway (it's obvious now that it has been weakened or even comes with a backdoor, not to mention even triple DES is considered to be theoretically crackable if I remember correctly.)
    Yeah, "technology consultancy", my *** - any Android phone can use a now-standard very strong encryption (AES256) at API-level, there's Qualcomm's secure execution and its QSEECom API etc etc. I don't develop security products so maybe someone with more experience can chime in otherwise but for me ]he sure sounds like a classic loudmouthed ***** kissing Apple's *** hoping for some stupid business from gullible CIOs in his area.

I'm sure that when security standards are rewritten at hospitals, banks and other agencies, to include user verification via fingerprint sensors... that Apple is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.
    09-11-13 03:59 PM
    I'm sure that when security standards are rewritten at hospitals, banks and other agencies, to include user verification via fingerprint sensors... that Apple is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.
    You're missing the point - they can already do that yet nobody's using it.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-11-13 07:43 PM