What if BB license Samsung to make BB10 devices? BB10 + Samsung's Hardware = Great BB10 Device. I think it's a win-win situation for both parties, considering BBM to go cross-platform. Samsung is a big name in mobile industries and any partnership with Samsung will give BB a much needed support & confidence.
    08-09-13 01:30 AM
    Why would they if they already have Android and Tizen?

Posted via CB10
    nikesu likes this.
    08-09-13 01:55 AM
    Maybe Sony or HTC

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:56 AM
    Ya forgot about Tizen. But my bet is that Tizen is not as good as BB10
    08-09-13 02:00 AM
    I think people reading to much into the announcement from Samsung/Blackberry about the availability of BBM in their app store.

I don't think Samsung is trying to do Blackberry any favor. They are in the business of selling phones. With having BBM on their phones first this will give them another edge over Apple/competitors even if it's just for a little while before BBM is available on those other platforms.

Now, this is my opinion but I think they will market their phones in Africa and developing countries by saying "now you can run BBM on our phones". Because of the income level of those people they will switch when the time is right to a cheaper Samsung Android Phone which is capable of running BBM.

On a side note: I have a friend in Indonesia working for one of the main Mobile Phone providers and she was saying that a lot of people carry 2 phones. A blackberry and an Android/iPhone. The blackberry is used for BBM.

Samsung is smelling something.
    nikesu, cgk, Javid Gozalov and 1 others like this.
    08-09-13 02:04 AM
    So what is the strength of news that BlackBerry is considering going 'Private' and what will this involve?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using CB Forums mobile app
    08-09-13 02:12 AM
    Maybe Sony or HTC

Posted via CB10
    Sony aren't going to want it - they are bigger than BBRY and their sales and profits are going in the right direction in regards to mobile. HTC are just a basketcase at this stage.
    08-09-13 02:37 AM
    lol.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-09-13 02:37 AM
    I don't like the look of any of Samsung's phones. They're just glossy and plastic looking.

But if Samsung wanted to make one and it did well, then give people what they want.

Posted via CB10
    Henraay0623 likes this.
    08-09-13 02:57 AM
    Samsung?

No, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 03:29 AM
    Better Sony than Samsung

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 03:47 AM
    Ugh, not Samsung. I'd personally prefer anybody else to Samsung.
    08-09-13 03:53 AM
    Those cheap plastic Samsung phones? Yuck.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    08-09-13 03:58 AM
    Samsung looks cheapo,its plastic body with so called good specs they call ,does not work for me at least.
    Coming to the Samsung making phones for BB,i think it will be the last nail in the coffin of bb.
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    08-09-13 05:58 AM
    Maybe Sony or HTC

Posted via CB10
    Sony is in bed with firefox and htc well, they are going under.
    08-09-13 06:15 AM
    I agree with notion that Samsung phones are plasticy. I think thats where BB-Samsung partnership will come into play. I don't think BB will ever let samsung make cheap-looking BB phones. Instead, they can maintaing BB status quo but overall changes in internal department. Things like Exynos processor, Camera, Super-Amoled display etc…....awesome stuffs!
    Last edited by nikesu; 08-09-13 at 07:38 AM.
    08-09-13 06:21 AM
    You guys are funny talking about cheap plastic phones and pushing Samsung aside lol

Samsung couldn't give a rats a$$ about bb10, they'd much rather push windows before ever pushing bb10.

BlackBerry would LOVE to have Samsungs "problem" of cheap plastic phones coupled with almost 50% market share as oppose to "high end quality" blackberry phones with a declining 3% share of the pie lol

Posted via CB10
    travaz, sheeraz_aa, Bsbudd and 6 others like this.
    08-09-13 06:21 AM
    Those cheap plastic Samsung phones? Yuck.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    It's not like the back -- and that's what we're talking about here -- is made out of coffee can lids. It's a precision designed plastic that's both durable and bendable. It's extremely easy to remove the back because of it, and the thing snap snap snaps into place on the phone firmly. Sure, it ends up giving the back a less than premium, industrial looking design. But most people end up putting a case on their phone anyway, and what's that made of? Yep, you guessed it. What's most important is the innards and the display.
    08-09-13 06:34 AM
    Samsung already supports android, tizen and Windows phone. The problem is that Samsung has always seen BlackBerry as more of their competition than a partner.

However things could change. BlackBerry has said that it has kept all its options open. I'm sure they would have considered licencing BlackBerry10 to Samsung and the likes! I for one am in favour of licencing but with strict Hardware standards like WP has.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:58 AM
    Why bbry should be interested? What more Samsung has to offer?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 07:05 AM
    Why bbry should be interested? What more Samsung has to offer?

Posted via CB10
    Boatload of cash for marketing and promotions. Better marketing campaigns and brand image. Higher end hardware to some extent. Basically everything that BlackBerry currently cannot offer by itself.

Posted via CB10
    nikesu, BerryWizard and Bbnivende like this.
    08-09-13 07:08 AM
    Boatload of cash for marketing and promotions. Better marketing campaigns and brand image. Higher end hardware to some extent. Basically everything that BlackBerry currently cannot offer by itself.
    Thats exactly what I mean.
    08-09-13 07:34 AM
    Why would they if they already have Android and Tizen?

Posted via CB10
    Samsung is only using Android. It's Google who has it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 07:38 AM
    Samsung will just give more problems to blackberry. Htc or sony or asus or LG would be great.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 07:42 AM
    I think this suggestion misses the problem. The BlackBerry hardware seems fine to me. As I have said before I would rather see BlackBerry license Android. I think the problem is with apps and the ecosystem, not with the hardware. Then there is the question of why would Samsung want to do this?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:06 AM
50 12