So with Samsung confirming a 4" Galaxy S3 "mini', where does that position BlackBerry's L series full touch behemoth?

I can't imaging stuffing it into my pocket and I have visions of waking it up everytime my finger runs up the screen while sticking it into my pocket.

Does RIM need a 3.5-4" full touch? I think they do. (Or just call it a day with a 3.5" slider)

Samsung mobile head confirms 4-inch Galaxy S III mini announcement tomorrow -- Engadget
    10-10-12 02:01 AM
    I think they need to get A PHONE, ANY SIZE PHONE.. out.
    10-10-12 02:55 AM
    I second that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-10-12 03:05 AM
    I used to think that 4" was the sweet spot but if I were to go all touch, I'd need bigger than that. 4.3 - 4.5 would be perfect to me.

@ OP, u think the first L series device is a behemoth lol? Not trying to sound sarcastic at all, but have u held any recent 4.3 - 4.6" device? They are so thin that its not even something to think about when putting it into your pocket. Shoot, I can put my PlayBook in my back pocket easily.....please tell me u don't wear skinny jeans
    10-10-12 05:50 AM
    wait.. i thought dimension for the l-series were out??? no.. nyone? 4 inch? smaller bigger? how big is the s3 as it is now?
    10-10-12 07:09 AM
    I tought the L was going to be a 4.2"
    10-10-12 07:44 AM
    S3 mini...my next Smartphone purchase just got a lot more complicated...

Edit: just checked the supposed specs. This thing is an S3 in name only, specs are very budget if they're true.
    10-10-12 07:51 AM

Edit: just checked the supposed specs. This thing is an S3 in name only, specs are very budget if they're true.
    U are correct mike. That's why I don't see why the OP even thinks this could be a competitor to the L series device. The S3 mini is pretty much comparable in size, but has inferior specs as well. Who wants a 800 x 480 screen in 2012 when its supposedly a mini version of the S3 lol
    10-10-12 08:06 AM
    Exactly...
    10-10-12 08:11 AM

Double post
    10-10-12 08:12 AM
    Sounds they are going after the curve market then.
    10-10-12 08:28 AM
    It's coming. Trust in RIM.

SNARF!

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    10-10-12 09:14 AM
    BB10 needs to hit it out of the park, plain and simple. The Galaxy S3 sells well because (a) it's not an iPhone, and (b) it's actually a good phone. So it appears that everyone that hates Apple has deemed Android and Samsung to be prize fighter against Apple. And even people who might like Apple might have been swayed by the slick advertising Samsung has rolled out lately.

So where does that leave BB10? RIM needs to have a great advertising campaign. Not just a good one...a great, witty one. There has to be a "must-have" feature in there. Bridging is no longer a must-have feature ever since the carriers allow multiple devices to share your minutes (and Bridging was never really well explained to the general public anyway), so RIM needs to come up with something that wow the heck out of people. And for people to go back to BB, there needs to be a clear "what's in it for me" reason to do so, and RIM needs to make that clear.

I'm thinking that showing people how great the device can be for work and play would be novel, most ads seem to either show someone taking neat little panoramic pictures, or ads making fun of people waiting in line. But nothing seems to show the business person on a long business trip depending on his BB to get to his customers, and then doing a BBM video chat with his family that night at the hotel and finishing up with Angry Birds Star Wars...ha ha.
    10-10-12 09:29 AM
    I'm thinking that showing people how great the device can be for work and play would be novel, most ads seem to either show someone taking neat little panoramic pictures, or ads making fun of people waiting in line. But nothing seems to show the business person on a long business trip depending on his BB to get to his customers, and then doing a BBM video chat with his family that night at the hotel and finishing up with Angry Birds Star Wars...ha ha.
    Again, I think BB needs to get away from the "business" mentality and showcase BB10 for the "everyday" person if they want this thing to regain mind share. I agree though, they need to come up with something that "wows" the average user, and showcases BB10 strong points for everyday uses.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    10-10-12 10:42 AM
    When you think about it, Peek and Flow is just another way to get to your emails - and email isn't cool, hip and fun.. the three things that sell other phones.
    10-10-12 11:59 AM
    Shoot, I can put my PlayBook in my back pocket easily.....please tell me u don't wear skinny jeans
    Please don't tell me you wear big, baggy drug-dealer pants..

I like the Torch because it's a reasonable sized screen AND a physical keyboard in one reasonably compact package. I won't be able to fit the L series plus my wallet in my front pocket.
    10-10-12 12:00 PM
    Please don't tell me you wear big, baggy drug-dealer pants..

I like the Torch because it's a reasonable sized screen AND a physical keyboard in one reasonably compact package. I won't be able to fit the L series plus my wallet in my front pocket.
    ha ha na, no drug dealer pants...simply regular pants. Even my polo jeans will hold my PlayBook in my back pocket.

Sooooooo....does that confirm u rock skinny jeans lol? not hatin if u do, its just that u can barely get your own hand in them things lol.

A 3.5" screen is just too small for me....but u gotta think....these devices will be much thinner than your Torch. I have a 9900 and even with a case on it I can still have it and my wallet in the same pocket

*i will say i cant wait for a slider BB10 device too though *
    10-10-12 04:07 PM
    I think it leaves the L-Series right where it was heading. Mid-Market.
    10-10-12 04:13 PM
    The 4" s3 mini is a mid range phone with a resolution of 800 x 480. Its not even in the same tier as the London.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-12 04:25 PM