Sometimes I don't understand BlackBerry. They had Samsung on stage at the classic premier discussing a joint venture with Samsung to help them secure their kNOC. Why didn't BlackBerry get something in return.... hint hint, allowing Samsung wearable stream to work on BlackBerry 10 devices? Seriously, any opportunities should never be overlooked here. BlackBerry is always giving to the world but gets nothing back but backlash. Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:26 AM
    Sometimes I don't understand BlackBerry. They had Samsung on stage at the classic premier discussing a joint venture with Samsung to help them secure their kNOC. Why didn't BlackBerry get something in return.... hint hint, allowing Samsung wearable stream to work on BlackBerry 10 devices? Seriously, any opportunities should never be overlooked here. BlackBerry is always giving to the world but gets nothing back but backlash. Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think BlackBerry had much negotiating power. Look at the Amazon "partnership."

Same thing with regards to BBRY and the carriers. Not a lot of leverage.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-23-15 06:52 AM
    I think that the return on investment is yet to be seen. It's just too early to cast judgement.

I don't think BlackBerry had much negotiating power. Look at the Amazon "partnership."

This situation is totally different. There's really nothing to gain from Amazon other than access to their AppStore which is what they got. And if you look at it, Amazon was the end of the deal of not getting anything. It was simply a deal that neither companies would lose anything.

And as for the carriers, leverage has little to do with it. Apple didn't have leverage in the beginning, but had the money to have their servers push out to it's customers and that's what they wanted. BBRY was the same way when they were on the throne. You didn't have to wait for carriers. It's just preference of the company on whether they want to save the money by paying the carriers a small fee to push it. Samsung has the cash or shall we say "leverage" and updates are still pushed via the carrier.

Lastly, carriers supporting BBRY is simply business. This is how retail everywhere work; what's on the show floor is what's being sold. If it's not being sold, it's not on the floor and definitely not in the storage room. Time is money but also is space. So it's not about BBRY not having "leverage" per se, but simply the lack of turnover in inventory.
    01-23-15 08:12 AM

I beg to differ. Samsung needs that security and are relying on BlackBerry to bring that to them. Why should BlackBerry get something in return. In this instance is where I don't get BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:48 AM
    I beg to differ. Samsung needs that security and are relying on BlackBerry to bring that to them. Why should BlackBerry get something in return. In this instance is where I don't get BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry gets customers for their Mobile Device Management Services....
    01-23-15 11:36 AM
    Exactly.

There was an article recently detailing how the individual groups within BlackBerry have been allowed to make decisions for their own benefit even if they aren't advantageous for the others. Things like BBM going cross platform may hurt device sales, but benefits BBM. BES supporting other platforms also hurts device sales but has a huge upside for their service revenue.

In this instance, they are basically saying. Ok... we may sacrifice some hardware sales,.. but instead of limiting our service revenue by (very meager) BlackBerry handset activations, let's dip our hand in the massive Samsung jar device jar.

No brainer.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 11:48 AM
    Makes sense.
    01-23-15 12:56 PM
    Yes for enterprise but I guess that's what BlackBerry want anyway so it is what it is

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:42 PM
    BlackBerry is always giving to the world but gets nothing back but backlash.
    Giving what, specifically?
    01-24-15 06:06 AM
    In this case, working with Samsung to secure Samsung KNOC infrastructure. And we all know what Samsung will do once they get a hold of BlackBerry Security. I see a law suit in the future just like the law suit between apple and Samsung. Sound very familiar relationship. Apple trusted Samsung with making the glass for Apple and Samsung copied apples tech and started using it. Then the law suits came. Some are still pending I think. I see the same thing with BlackBerry and Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:22 AM
    In this case, working with Samsung to secure Samsung KNOC infrastructure. And we all know what Samsung will do once they get a hold of BlackBerry Security. I see a law suit in the future just like the law suit between apple and Samsung. Sound very familiar relationship. Apple trusted Samsung with making the glass for Apple and Samsung copied apples tech and started using it. Then the law suits came. Some are still pending I think. I see the same thing with BlackBerry and Samsung.
    Sorry I don't know what other word to use, but I think that's a very pessimistic view. Just trust that BlackBerry is taking the proper precautions to protect its interests in this venture.
    01-24-15 06:26 PM
    And why is this in the "Introductions" forum?
    Bla1ze likes this.
    01-26-15 10:06 AM
    And why is this in the "Introductions" forum?
    Because the moderator hasn't moved it yet

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 01:59 PM
    Sorry I don't know what other word to use, but I think that's a very pessimistic view. Just trust that BlackBerry is taking the proper precautions to protect its interests in this venture.
    Don't know.... Samsung pulled that with Apple. Can't say that they are trust worthy.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:00 PM
    Because the moderator hasn't moved it yet

Posted via CB10
    Because no one reported it. You're all slackers. :P
    01-26-15 04:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol what is BB always giving to the world? Nothing they give doesn't take have an angle tied to money, just like every other manufacturer.
    01-26-15 04:52 PM