Ha, are you kidding?

Samsung does not have any authority over Google. In fact, it is very much the other way around with Google demanding phone manufacturers on what to do.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Who said anything about "authority"? I'm simply curious to see if the new contractual partnership allows BlackBerry to piggy back on Samsung's ability to implement Google Play Services.

What does Samsung have to do with Google Play Services?
    They are licensed by Google to use it....so a lot actually.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:36 AM
    Chris doesn't understand Asia. The samsung deal was all about saving face.. samsung knox was a disaster and Sammy now has much bigger problems then competing with BlackBerry in enterprise. It's about to get its clocked cleaned in the consumer market. It's greatest strength having been able to hitch a ride on Google's android will soon become it's great weakness. It's looking for a way out and alternative partnerships... BlackBerry is its only hope.

Posted via CB10
    Only hope?

Don't cry for Samsung just yet.
    shaleem and mornhavon like this.
    11-14-14 09:39 AM
    Who said anything about "authority"? I'm simply curious to see if the new contractual partnership allows BlackBerry to piggy back on Samsung's ability to implement Google Play Services.

Posted via CB10
    Nah... not really.

BB10, as-is, most likely precludes any official access to GPS.
    11-14-14 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Any BB-Samsung relationship would still fall under the terms of the Google led Open Handset Alliance which prohibits Android forks like the BB runtime.

The only way GPS is meeting BB is if Samsung makes an Android phone with a BB launcher instead of Touchwiz. BB10 and GPS will never meet unless Google dissolves the Open Handset Alliance.
    mornhavon likes this.
    11-14-14 01:42 PM
    11-14-14 02:17 PM
    Aaaand..nobody cares!
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-14-14 02:50 PM
    Why? Does 9hris have beef here?

His articles are great.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:55 PM
    Aaaand..nobody cares!
    I care. Chris Umi stood up for BB when he got bashed from all sides. He's still a darn smart guy.
    shaleem and mornhavon like this.
    11-14-14 02:57 PM
    Aaaand..nobody cares!
    why do you say that? many people read his articles. i enjoy his perspective. he has been in the industry for many years and has good knowledge.
    gebco, TgeekB, shaleem and 2 others like this.
    11-14-14 02:57 PM
    There is something that doesn't add up here. This is a great news.

Blackberry is diversifying its sources of revenues, the company isn't exiting the handset business. Don't mixed or misinterpret a partnership. The ceo has confirmed it a few days ago. Would he blatantly lie? He has also ensured the profitability of each new products.

Blackberry wouldn't have an ecosystem without offering dedicated devices.

BlackBerry would lose its governmental clients all over the world.

Last but not the least, the company has just launched its best smartphones ever with the Passport and the Classic.

If I recall well, they're even stepping up their skills in the imagery department.
    11-14-14 03:07 PM
    There are a LOT of well informed (and better informed) guys in this thread..You/we/nobody needs chris's article..

I support BBRY and I buy shares ! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Ask there or just read the last 10-12 pages (on CB app)..
    The thread has its positives; but, when it comes to analyzing events, like regarding the Blackberry-Samsung deal, it has absolutely no predictive power. For example, the long alluded $100/share party likely isn't coming.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-14-14 03:27 PM
    There is something that doesn't add up here. This is a great news.

Blackberry is diversifying its sources of revenues, the company isn't exiting the handset business. Don't mixed or misinterpret a partnership. The ceo has confirmed it a few days ago. Would he blatantly lie? He has also ensured the profitability of each new products.

Blackberry wouldn't have an ecosystem without offering dedicated devices.

BlackBerry would lose its governmental clients all over the world.

Last but not the least, the company has just launched its best smartphones ever with the Passport and the Classic.

If I recall well, they're even stepping up their skills in the imagery department.
    No, Blackberry will still be making physical keyboards like the Passport and Classic. But the full touch might be left off the plate.
    11-14-14 03:29 PM
    No, Blackberry will still be making physical keyboards like the Passport and Classic.
    That's what I implied in my text, that the hardware business unit is not going away.
    11-14-14 03:40 PM
    Aaaand..nobody cares!
    I care. I read his articles everywhere on Mobile Nations.

He's excellent at what he does.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    TgeekB and mornhavon like this.
    11-15-14 06:18 AM
    Aaaand..nobody cares!
    Wrong! Don't confuse how you feel with how other folks feel.
    11-15-14 09:26 AM
    where is this article
    11-15-14 10:17 PM
    Are those Samsung devices going to be just a secured privacy, etc as BlackBerry? Or not as much as BlackBerry but still more than non BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:39 AM
    Are those Samsung devices going to be just a secured privacy, etc as BlackBerry? Or not as much as BlackBerry but still more than non BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    The way BBRY is selling it, Samsung devices will have the best BBRY can offer by way of BES security. To be fair, I guess that's how BBRY has to frame it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
    11-16-14 12:45 AM
    The way BBRY is selling it, Samsung devices will have the best BBRY can offer by way of BES security. To be fair, I guess that's how BBRY has to frame it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
    I don't see how they can fully secure android unless they intend to pull out the Linux kernel and replace it with QNX...

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-16-14 01:11 AM
    @Dave:
    So are you saying that their partnership is just a scam?

I sincerely hope this partnership works out as it benefits them both.

Posted from a D618
    11-16-14 01:20 AM
    I'm wondering if this gives BlackBerry a back door to implement Google Play Services. *crossesfingers*

Posted via CB10
    Samsung to implement Google Services into BlackBerry is just as likely as Apple CarPlay using QNX meaning implementation of App Store into BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:41 AM
    @Dave:
    So are you saying that their partnership is just a scam?

I sincerely hope this partnership works out as it benefits them both.

Posted from a D618
    Not a scam. It just might not be full end to end like they mention because of technical limitations.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:23 AM
    I see lots of speculation and uninformed questioners.

Start by watching the BlackBerry for Enterprise event (Posted by Bla1ze). Then you want to read articles about that event that aren't on CB. Follow that by reading "BlackBerry partners with ISEC7 to distribute BES12"
    Posted by Joseph Keller. For a bit more insight try "John Chen: 'This is a platform that is going to last us for a very, very long time' Posted by Bla1ze. Or just read through the "News and rumors" section of Crackberry for a bit more info. Also try BlackBerry.com/press and read the article titled "BlackBerry and Samsung Partner to Provide End-To-End Security for Android".

I'm not trying to be an A-hole, just trying to help folks put this whole thing together a little better.

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    11-16-14 10:30 AM
48 12