New commecial called the leak. I find a few things interesting about it.

So theres a leak but only one guy on a BB. Its a samsung commercial so youd assume everyone would be using samsung. The girl in the commercial goes on to say everyone should be using the Galaxy S3 or the Note 2, does that mean all Samsung's older devices have poor security? We've heard from forums members that consumers don't care about security so its strange samsung is pushing this, and as far as I know they don't have anything to back up that their products are secure. Could end up biting them in the *** to make consumers aware of security issues. Commercials targeted to corporations to me seem like somewhat of a waste of time. I'm pretty sure BB deals directly with their business clients.

The most interesting thing to me though is in the past few commercials from Samsung is it seems like they try and take a shot at BB. Looks like they've released apple is on down BB is the big threat.
    02-12-13 02:29 PM
    no they are not bashing themselves... they definitely would not do that... on purpose anyway, thats not to say they would come back to hunt them in the long run... Yes taking a shot at blackberry for the business customer is a bad approach if you ask me.. but then again samsung went directly at apple when apple was still at the height of their success... so who knows, it might work a little bit.. but marketing is a strategic game of chess. You might not understand the play all the way, but make no mistake they have to go at blackberry while blackberry is down... cant wait till they become relevant before they attack
    02-12-13 02:49 PM
    but i dont get it... arent androids virus / malware prone?
    02-12-13 02:53 PM
    no.

But from the ad its not very clear.. They are saying in another commerial the s3 and note 2 are secure..

But they don't explain how.
    02-12-13 03:05 PM
    Maybe I'm missing the Samsung "Safe Technology" bit? What the **** is that? There is nothing safe about it as far as I'm aware given that it's based on Android. Popular = most likely to be attacked. That is how Apple managed to thrive, with fear. Basically saying they were more secure, when in reality it was just because they had hardly any market.
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-12-13 03:05 PM
    Yeah. Some doucher at an apple store was selling a lady an apple mcnugget or some sort of computer box and he was saying why she should. He mentioned how macs don't get viruses and I chimed in because I was irritated and having a bad day with, "oh yeah? They don't? Then why does that wall have like 4 different anti-viruses?" So that is a good point that what they really mean is that it isn't popular not "less suseptable". I hope samsung is shooting themselves in the foot. Or the ***. Or the head.
    02-12-13 11:20 PM
    RIM Samsung
    02-12-13 11:53 PM
    RIM samsung?
    Last edited by Emu the Foo; 02-13-13 at 01:12 AM.
    02-13-13 12:08 AM
    wow the posts in this thread are a disaster LOL
    02-13-13 12:21 AM
    I like the aesthetics of these commercials, I just feel they lack a defined point. I don't think sammy purposely makes themselves look bad but they kinda do. The BB user looks cooler than the other people there. Plus if they are aiming at a secure market I don't think the 'smartphone app building business' is a big one. I just find some funny contradictary things about these commercials. Like android and security, theres a guy with a BB, the target market seems extremely small, pushing security plays into BBs hands etc. Look nice, but definitely a downgrade from the apple lineup commercials. Haha, the only way they have to make fun of the BB user is food fell from his hand when he was going to eat.
    02-13-13 12:48 AM
    Android is more vulnerable than Blackberry thats forsure. Even more vulverable then Apple. Not sure who isn't secure if a Samsung is. Anything running android is among the worst malmare and virus prone. Its like a room full of women and the known prostitute is the one who claims shes clean
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-13-13 01:04 AM
    I'm just tired of the unicorns. Makes them look silly as a viable business device. They keep doing that, then yes, I think they are bashing themselves.
    Balti43 likes this.
    02-13-13 07:33 AM
    I didn't notice the one who dropped his food was the BB user at first. In a way they are bashing themselves as Droid is not known for the best security. They're trying to poke fun at themselves, but it kind of falls flat. I thought their anti-Apple ad was the best one. But they know their target market and the actors represent that segment well.
    02-13-13 11:08 AM
    The last couple Samsung adds have pretty much fell flat. I think they really need to decide what audience their advertisements are targeting and create a suitable one for that audience.
    02-13-13 06:36 PM
    Never been a fan of Sammy commercials... not even the ones taking swipes at Apple.

Still, they must be working I guess.
    02-13-13 06:46 PM
    Umm,

As a BB fan, I love this commercial. To get the full comedic value, you have to watch it alongside he first "Samsung SAFE" Commercial, released just before the Superbowl. In that commercial, the mobile gaming company that makes the game "Unicorn Apocalypse" announces that it is implementing a "bring your own device" policy. So of course absolutely everyone goes out and buys a Samsung Galaxy series device... Except for two people that use BlackBerry (OS 5 and 6) devices. To be fair, one of them (an older lady from accounts that is not supposed to know anything about tech) also uses an old iPhone as her personal device...

So now in this commercial, you find out that the game leaked, and that it probably leaked from a phone... But since the only people that don't use Samsung phones are using older BlackBerry phones that probably cant play a 16:9 rich graphics cutting edge game, like Unicorn Apocalypse you can only assume that the leak must have come from one of these Samsung phones.... Unless the lady from accounts accidentally sent it to her personal iPhone.

And here's the bonus irony. These guys all work for a cross platform mobile gaming company, and at the beginning of the first commercial they were an all BlackBerry shop. No test devices to be seen or anything...

So the message I'm left with from these two commercials is: Incompetent companies switch to Samsung phones.... And then they leak.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-14-13 06:04 PM
    Indeed this one is a dud when you follow the series. Honestly, didn't you expect this crew to screw up though?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 07:45 PM
    @kcmagnet I never thought about it that way. Thanks! :-)
    02-14-13 08:01 PM