03-27-11 02:05 PM
    03-27-11 02:07 PM
    *Yawn*

10 char
    03-27-11 02:09 PM
    this is unreal lol
    03-27-11 02:16 PM
    Wow, they look pretty nice from a simple hardware stand point. Would be better if they had some HDMI out/USB but I like the microsd slot.
    03-27-11 02:26 PM
    Simply elegant. Definitely the best looking tablet.
    Last edited by buckyball; 03-27-11 at 03:44 PM.
    03-27-11 02:29 PM
    everything that we want to see in a tablet...
    - portability
    - up to 10 hours of battery life
    - adobe flash
    - 4G connectivity
    - starting price of just $469
    - USB slot, microSD, HDMI dock, bluetooth pen, etc
    Last edited by raptorstv; 03-27-11 at 02:38 PM.
    03-27-11 02:34 PM
    Eh ok, but again why make that nice tablet and skimp on the cameras? The playbook still kicks a$$ when it comes to cameras and it will shoot 1080p. Also the guy is funny calling the flash storage memory, but in the end it is till honeycomb and still needs work. Flash isn't fully optimized yet, but I hope honeycomb gets better. Also honeycomb on these will have the samsung custom ui, and thus android 3.0 fragmentation begins. Overall, playbook still more impressive on specs barring the larger screens on these.
    03-27-11 02:36 PM
    [sarcasm]OMG.... a whole 1.4mm thinner than the Playbook[/sarcasm]
    03-27-11 02:42 PM
    03-27-11 03:41 PM
    Actually, all I want in a tablet is a rumour about it, and thankfully Raptor has a lengthy track record of such posts, so I know where to look.
    03-27-11 03:54 PM
    "I feel like a broken record: It's about a complete solution, hardened from the device to the network to the application and back to the device. RIM is the only vendor that provides this as a standard capability, albeit with its klunky requirement to tether the Playbook to a BlackBerry phone.
    But RIM goes a few steps further, mobilizing enterprise-class application support with its BEAM middleware, a Java application server with libraries that can be called from existing tools. BEAM includes, for instance, native Oracle Fusion services. Much of the application integration work can be done without SDKs; just add a few lines of code and you're done, or so RIM claims. The device is a container for push messages from various enterprise applications, and it integrates with BlackBerry services like the universal inbox. Keep your business logic, and then mobilize it.
    All the other tablet players talk about security, which RIM has licked. And the best any RIM'S rivals can show are enterprise dashboards running in an app. Big whoop. " Some RIM love. Sort of. Nice article. Thanks for sharing, CX!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 03:58 PM
    File under "Rumoured devices" - this is not a Playbook. BTW, tablets with slots for memory cards are "dead on arrival" j/k
    03-27-11 04:08 PM
    lol kevin was reviewing this too apparently..
    03-27-11 04:19 PM
    $649 off contract just doesn't cut it in my book..
    03-27-11 04:25 PM
    Definitely looks nice and it's about freaking time someone was smart enough to include a microSD slot.

However, there's no way I will probably ever be able to justify an Android, iOS, or even QNX based tablet. They just don't have any real benefit over a high end smartphone that I can see, other than screen size. Unfortunately, the only thing that will get me to buy one is either Mac OS based or WIndows based with USB ports and SD slot. That's the only way I can justify a tablet, because it's the only way I will be able to make use of one.

But for those who just want media/internet consumption devices with large screens, these look pretty slick.
    03-27-11 06:15 PM
    Thinner? Damn, if they get any thinner, I fear of snapping it in half by mistake!

03-27-11 10:10 PM
    Samsung...I don't think so.
    03-27-11 10:20 PM
    They look fantastic. 8.9 is the perfect size I would say. Will go along nice with my Captivate.
    03-28-11 09:13 AM
    this is unreal lol
    Thanks for wasting my time!.....jk

Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-28-11 at 10:59 AM.
    03-28-11 10:38 AM
    Would be great if it didn't run Android
    03-28-11 07:41 PM
    Actually it would be nice if it ran Vanilla Android and had reliable hardware. Since it's Samsung, we know that it's gonna give people problems.
    03-28-11 07:46 PM
    I laughed... then I realized there was a small chance that you were serious.

I feel sorry for you. Enjoy the QNX crap that was ripped off from Palm. Only difference is, like always, Palm did it so much better than RIM.
    Wow, really?
    03-28-11 09:46 PM
    Why?

I like the Android OS. Love my Captivate. Not sure why there is so much hate for Samsung either. My Captivate works flawlessly.
    03-29-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD