Reeneebob, and qbnkelt, you both are worth following around the forums.....for all the right reasons, of course, and TOTALLY PLATONICALLY PANTLESS
    HOW'D YOU KNOW?!

er

I mean my pants are most definitely on.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    01-22-13 05:00 AM
    HOW'D YOU KNOW?!

er

I mean my pants are most definitely on.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    GOTTCHA!!!!! Really. Thanks for the sane commentary. We all can get excited about stuff....pro and con....I for one am glad to hear reasoned discussion from an IT perspective, and a device reseller perspective. Refreshing.
    01-22-13 05:09 AM
    Reeneebob, and qbnkelt, you both are worth following around the forums.....for all the right reasons, of course, and TOTALLY PLATONICALLY PANTLESS
    Aaawww......thanks love.

I am panted, though...off to work....

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing and jakie55 like this.
    01-22-13 05:10 AM
    Seriously?

I have been using BB since 2004, started with the ugly blue and then black models whose numbers I don't remember, sent to the 8703c, the 8800, 8830WE, 8320, Tour, 9650, and 9930.
    As far as personal, 8310, 9000, 9700, 9300, 9800, 9810, 9860, 9930 (two because one nuked twice and then had to get another one which also nuked), 9370 and 9900. Of those, the 9000, 9930, 9860, 9370 and 9900 were bought cash, off contract.
    I have bought RIMM at $27 and I'm still holding.
    I piloted a PB launch of 50 units at work which was stopped when Dingleberry happened and I caught bloody H3LL from my Director for that project.
    I stopped my agency from doing a request for information to begin a transfer platform away from BB, and I've got until summer to prove that the platform is viable, and unlike the PB disaster, and that RIM is likely to remain alive to provide support for the two years for which the contract will last when it is let.

Don't even TRY to talk as if I haven't championed RIM.

The difference between me and the hardheaded rabid fanbois of which I speak is that I am willing and informed enough to speak candidly of RIM and the other platforms. And the BB fanbois who turn into BB trolls on this very site, the ones who come in from other BB troll sites and who create accounts like AndroidTrollPOS and ModCleanMy****, the ones who are banned from here, gather elsewhere, and then come back under another account, or the ones who leave and then come back to complain about what we say here, are not doing RIM any favours. Because RIM doesn't need a bunch of bobbleheaded yes man army of BB trolls defending them, RIM needs people who are informed and aware of what the competition is doing in order to catch up to them. And maybe even supposedly leapfrog them, as was so widely reported.

RIM's products should be able to stand up to criticism. And the counter to the criticism should be to the criticism itself, not the person posting it on the mistaken assumption that the person is not a BB fan. By the amount of cash that I have dumped on RIM I can say I am a RIM supporter and that is arguably a fact. By the fact that I use the other platforms I am an informed consumer. And I am a fangirl to none. And back in the day when I was arguing with iPhone and Android users and saying I hated those platforms, before I actually tried them, you liked my comments. You might not remember, but I do. I'm the same person. I simply have an open mind.

Thanks, love. Good to know you've got my back.
    Did you see the two trolls who just created accounts? Wonder who they are......
    I saw the 'lovely' names and chuckled. Some just go out of their way into extraordinary measures to 'participate'. To quote a well known pointy-ear; Fascinating.
    01-22-13 05:31 AM
    Sammy commercial coming after BB now...-images.jpg

Anyway............. So back to the ad. I find it amusing that the ad only takes two shots at blackberry directly, which is the dude with the bold and the jacket and then chick with the two phones, and briefly adresses the security aspect of the sg3. More time was spent discussing the up coming game then the competitor it was supposedly targeted at. The last 40! seconds of a 90second ad is about the unicorn appocolypse. Who knows maybe the game is actually coming out and they are trying to same money on marketing....
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-22-13 06:13 AM
    Actually i think the game would probably be pretty dope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    01-22-13 06:27 AM
    Hahaha Samsung is scared.

@billydasco
    01-22-13 06:38 AM
    Lol what the duck happened in here??
    01-22-13 06:53 AM
    Lol what the duck happened in here??
    Oh s lonely and sad troll is stalking us

BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 07:04 AM
    Whatever did happen to Blackjack?
    01-22-13 07:19 AM
    Whatever did happen to Blackjack?
    On another site.
    Pretty certain these were not BJ.

BergerKing and reeneebob like this.
    01-22-13 07:23 AM
    It's fun reading posts of people using Tapatalk on their phones. I ask myself why not to write an app for browsing even more sites... wait a second... **** yes! There is an app already installed on my phone! It's a browser! That really amazes me right now! Wow! I just feel like a new man!
    01-22-13 09:39 AM
    Right. This is about new threats, not actual cases. YES, threats are absolutely out there for Android devices, as are malware, viruses, trojans, etc for Windows PCs. How many people touting the pitchforks against the malware threats on Android use a Windows PC? With both Android and Windows, a little common sense goes a long way in keeping your devices safe. Don't download apps that don't have the editor's choice or top developer distinctions in the Play Store. Don't sideload apps that aren't found in the Play Store. READ PERMISSIONS. Don't fall for phishing scams. Don't leave your wifi unsecured. Use an antivirus when you download anything (I have avg mobile on mine, and it automatically scans anything I put on my phone whether it's an app or a pdf file I grab from the net). Again, common sense that should be taken no matter what device you're using.
    Samsung Has The Balls to Advertise Their "Security" a Month After Serious Kernel Vulnerability - BerryReview
    01-22-13 09:48 AM
    Balls of stainless steel, if you ask me.
    01-22-13 09:53 AM
    This is from comments section over there:

G-man (*View Profile) Regular - Posts: 77
    Posted: January 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM EST
    Samsung security is like the unicorn : a beautiful myth, not seen in the wild:

Lol....gotta admit, that's some funny stuff!!

(for the record:I own multiple devices from all the major players so please don't call me a fan boy )
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-22-13 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Clarity
    01-22-13 09:58 AM
    Just watched that. I can't believe they're serious. I suppose with the profits they're pulling down right now they can afford to blow money on fooling people who are not aware. Android and business class security. Holy geez.
    01-22-13 09:59 AM
    Thanks for proving my point . This was a THREAT, that was caught before any damage happened. And it's already been patched up. It's not as if BlackBerry has a 100% track record concering security, either.
    01-22-13 10:01 AM
    It's fun reading posts of people using Tapatalk on their phones. I ask myself why not to write an app for browsing even more sites... wait a second... **** yes! There is an app already installed on my phone! It's a browser! That really amazes me right now! Wow! I just feel like a new man!

pallox and reeneebob like this.
    01-22-13 10:01 AM
    Here is a simple solution......don't install the app.

Read what you posted. Clearly stated the user needs to install an app.

Not a drive by.....have to *install an app.*

Oh yeah......anyone remember the pawn2 own BlackBerry WebKit browser exploit?????

Tell me of ONE impenetrable platform that is available to the general public. SECTERAS don't count.

01-22-13 10:09 AM
    01-22-13 10:21 AM
    Ironically Samsung choose a small office based game company to show off their mobile solutions? Really? They all have COMPUTETRS on the desk LMAO

This ad reminds me of the first WP7 ads, remember how that turned up? No doubt Samsung screwed up with this one. They lost all respect.
    01-22-13 10:29 AM
    Yup.
    That one.

Anyone hear of Dingleberry???

BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 10:33 AM
    Ironically Samsung choose a small office based game company to show off their mobile solutions? Really? They all have COMPUTETRS on the desk LMAO

This ad reminds me of the first WP7 ads, remember how that turned up? No doubt Samsung screwed up with this one. They lost all respect.
    Or...you know...that could've been a subliminal message that even with full PC's at their disposal, the group is more productive on Samsung handhelds...
    01-22-13 10:34 AM
    [/URL"][/URL

Happy thoughts....
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 10:35 AM
    Or...you know...that could've been a subliminal message that even with full PC's at their disposal, the group is more productive on Samsung handhelds...
    Nah, I don't think so, the group will not code games on their handhelds will they, or do graphic design and animation. Bit of a joke really because that type of business is Apple's territory. not RIM.
    01-22-13 10:38 AM
256 ... 7891011