PS, can the Android brigade calm down? I'm trying to read this thread and a few pages are wasted with their arguments.
    01-22-13 10:40 AM
    PS, can the Android brigade calm down? I'm trying to read this thread and a few pages are wasted with their arguments.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but you've actually stumbled on a thread regarding a Samsung/Android commercial...so...
    BergerKing, Admorris and reeneebob like this.
    01-22-13 10:45 AM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but you've actually stumbled on a thread regarding a Samsung/Android commercial...so...
    Not really about Android, there is nothing about Android in the advert, just Samsung and their cheap shots at BlackBerry using a business scenario that is not RIM's to start with. Apple owns that segment.
    01-22-13 10:50 AM
    Nah, I don't think so, the group will not code games on their handhelds will they, or do graphic design and animation. Bit of a joke really because that type of business is Apple's territory. not RIM.
    So by that logic, the z10 shouldn't even exist because devices with large screens, apps, media consumption, etc are Apple's/Android's business, right?

You've never been in a business where you have meetings with a group, collaborate on something in meetings, and then go act on what you've worked on in the meetings? Gone are the days of people bringing notepads and pens to meetings, creating something on paper, then photocopying that to distribute to the team. The commerical was driving home how they can collaborate and edit something in real time, to distribute to the team in real time. I'm sure BB10 will have this capability as well. And I'm sure to you that'll just be the bees knees.
    01-22-13 10:50 AM
    Not really about Android, there is nothing about Android in the advert, just Samsung and their cheap shots at BlackBerry using a business scenario that is not RIM's to start with. Apple owns that segment.
    I'm sure you'd criticize the commercial just the same if the small group was a group of project managers, grad students, non-profit workers, circus clowns, etc.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 10:52 AM
    So by that logic, the z10 shouldn't even exist because devices with large screens, apps, media consumption, etc are Apple's/Android's business, right?

You've never been in a business where you have meetings with a group, collaborate on something in meetings, and then go act on what you've worked on in the meetings? Gone are the days of people bringing notepads and pens to meetings, creating something on paper, then photocopying that to distribute to the team. The commerical was driving home how they can collaborate and edit something in real time, to distribute to the team in real time. I'm sure BB10 will have this capability as well. And I'm sure to you that'll just be the bees knees.

Pantless, have you ever walked into a design or advertising agency? It's all Apple, NOT RIM and not Windows or Samsung, They will only use Apple computers and iphones/ipads for integration. I have a few of them as clients and I pick up computers and general Apple stuff for them from the Apple Store on weekly basis.

BTW What deal would a game designer "close" while he's watching the game? Now that I would love to know.
    01-22-13 10:55 AM
    The commercial show is so good. Too good to be true. Since this GN II ****up the email client! Email client get crash! What a Quadcore and stupid 2 GB RAM.

this is not I want after spending over USD 750 for this crap. I totally will sell this after BB10 comes up to the market.

Right now, let my GN II take care of my tower defence.
    01-22-13 11:03 AM
    [/URL[/URL]
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-22-13 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Double post
    01-22-13 11:03 AM
    Pantless, have you ever walked into a design or advertising agency? It's all Apple, NOT RIM and not Windows or Samsung, They will only use Apple computers and iphones/ipads for integration. I have a few of them as clients and I pick up computers and general Apple stuff for them from the Apple Store on weekly basis.

BTW What deal would a game designer "close" while he's watching the game? Now that I would love to know.
    Sure have, but my point was that sometimes things are subject to change. And perhaps that "closing" character was the business manager and not a designer, closing details of new client contracts.

BTW - multitasking like that is more common than you might think. Here in my office, during March madness, most people have a tiny window streaming games on one of their monitors. And I'm frequently surfing CB and reddit while monitoring portions of conference calls that don't require my assistance.
    01-22-13 11:06 AM
    The difference between me and the hardheaded rabid fanbois of which I speak is that I am willing and informed enough to speak candidly of RIM and the other platforms.
    Those who look down on people posting on here and wrongly assume that people can only choose rim if they haven't sampled the mobile nirvana that is ios or android are just as bad fanboys, if not worse since this is a blackberry site and it should be a reasonable assumption that people visiting here are fans of blackberry after all.
    01-22-13 11:06 AM

Well, I wanted to be silent, but THIS is exemplary nonsense.
    Have you ever been in real business meetings? I want you to sit there get your beautiful, sexy and whatever android junk out of your pocket and start taking notes from that meeting you are sitting in. Except the fact, that no one will take you seriously, it is freaking impolite to sit there with your mini-playstation and act as if you were not playing Doodle Jump or any other crap.
    Despite of that, I'm working in a consulting corporation, where BYOD is ruling. We got iOS', Blackberrys and Androids here. And I can asure you: the iPhones and Samsung/HTC/Whatever-craps don't get things done.
    01-22-13 11:14 AM
    A little gift to our Android-fangirls and -boys.
    Samsung/General Dynamics Secure Handheld Partnership
    01-22-13 11:23 AM
    Sure have, but my point was that sometimes things are subject to change. And perhaps that "closing" character was the business manager and not a designer, closing details of new client contracts.

BTW - multitasking like that is more common than you might think. Here in my office, during March madness, most people have a tiny window streaming games on one of their monitors. And I'm frequently surfing CB and reddit while monitoring portions of conference calls that don't require my assistance.
    Let's stick to the scenario as presented by Samsung in the ad, not other possible scenarios. Do you honestly believe any gaming company employs a secure RIM/BES mobile solution?
    01-22-13 11:25 AM
    Gone are the days of people bringing notepads and pens to meetings, creating something on paper, then photocopying that to distribute to the team.
    Not in our business. We meet with accountants, engineers, and vendors and in all cases folks have legal pads, pens and a photocopier nearby.
    01-22-13 11:41 AM
    Let's stick to the scenario as presented by Samsung in the ad, not other possible scenarios. Do you honestly believe any gaming company employs a secure RIM/BES mobile solution?
    That was the problem I had with the ad -- I simply don't believe there are any game dev companies that are using BlackBerrys, other than maybe one that makes BlackBerry games -- lol. I did happen to visit a game software company about 2 months ago and all the devs already had Android phones. They want the large screens, and the ability to easily sideload stuff, etc.

I am not discounting Samsung as a threat to RIM -- just saying this is an odd commercial, whereas the Samsung/Apple one rang true to me.
    01-22-13 11:45 AM
    A little gift to our Android-fangirls and -boys.
    Samsung/General Dynamics Secure Handheld Partnership
    I used to work for General Dynamics Land Systems in London, Ontario. When I was there, as well as currently, the phones issued are Blackberry.
    pallox likes this.
    01-22-13 11:47 AM
    Not in our business. We meet with accountants, engineers, and vendors and in all cases folks have legal pads, pens and a photocopier nearby.
    Any company I have worked at people still use a pen and pad too. All war room meetings and even at their own desk. Yes even if they have an iPad. A daily planner too. I think people that do not realize this perhaps are not in an office environment on a daily basis or watch too many tv commercials.

Ok...fans of all technology, fans of all phones, etc, etc.... thats fine. Give your "unbiased" opinion. But why on Crackberry? Once you have realized Blackberry is not the best platform for most of your needs why not do the "unbiased" thing where your favoritism clearly is (and favoritism is not a bad thing, its just very clear that device is your number one personal choice).
    pallox likes this.
    01-22-13 11:56 AM
    It's fun reading posts of people using Tapatalk on their phones. I ask myself why not to write an app for browsing even more sites... wait a second... **** yes! There is an app already installed on my phone! It's a browser! That really amazes me right now! Wow! I just feel like a new man!

Not sure what your point is other than to incite, but I participate in 8 forums and can access all 8 from one hub including private messages, threads I've participated in and threads that have replies since my last post (all presented in an easy to read one stop shop) , instead of having to use a browser with tabs and magnifications even with an almost 5 " screen. Yeah. The users of tapatalk are soooooooo stupid, even the BB using ones although the BB version of Tapatalk is awful compared to iOS and android. Using your 'logic' anyone who has their email sent to their phone is silly when they can use a browser. Hey why does BB10 have an easy access hub for messaging and social media? By your logic the browser should be it. How dare anyone use anything that makes things easier to access on a smartphone?

It's pretty clear that you are only posting to incite though so I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by reeneebob; 01-22-13 at 12:15 PM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-22-13 11:59 AM
    Any company I have worked at people still use a pen and pad too. All war room meetings and even at their own desk. Yes even if they have an iPad. A daily planner too. I think people that do not realize this perhaps are not in an office environment on a daily basis or watch too many tv commercials.

Ok...fans of all technology, fans of all phones, etc, etc.... thats fine. Give your "unbiased" opinion. But why on Crackberry? Once you have realized Blackberry is not the best platform for most of your needs why not do the "unbiased" thing where your favoritism clearly is (and favoritism is not a bad thing, its just very clear that device is your number one personal choice).
    This. Site. Isn't. Yours. So. You. Don't. Dictate. The. Member. List.

I know you'd prefer a 24/7 bash board for all things not BB whether the bash is factually based or not. It's a good thing CB isn't it. You sound like the ones who wanted Kevin fired for covering something for iMore as part of his job and wearing an iMore shirt to do it.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    01-22-13 12:03 PM
    Stop using logic when insane clown logic is what is being demanded. Hush.

01-22-13 12:06 PM

Yeah, some of these "fans of all platforms always correcting misinformation" seem to get a lot things wrong about BB, cough Pantless cough I always seem to show her something new/old about BlackBerry, most recent predictive typing on qwerty BB and RIM acknowledgments to other companies within the About section. Swings both ways me thinks.
    01-22-13 12:08 PM
    I guarantee you've been proven wrong more than she has, difference is she's woman enough to admit it in thread. You stick your fingers in your ears, heels in the sand and scream lalala and wouldn't admit it to save your life and go on the attack. That's part of what led to your little vacation if I remember correctly.

01-22-13 12:20 PM
    Well, I wanted to be silent, but THIS is exemplary nonsense.
    Have you ever been in real business meetings? I want you to sit there get your beautiful, sexy and whatever android junk out of your pocket and start taking notes from that meeting you are sitting in. Except the fact, that no one will take you seriously, it is freaking impolite to sit there with your mini-playstation and act as if you were not playing Doodle Jump or any other crap.
    Despite of that, I'm working in a consulting corporation, where BYOD is ruling. We got iOS', Blackberrys and Androids here. And I can asure you: the iPhones and Samsung/HTC/Whatever-craps don't get things done.
    This is rather hilarious...because I JUST came from a business meeting where I took notes on my SGS3. I've been taking notes on my mobile devices (including my 9700) ever since 2007 when I was taking class notes in grad school using my Sidekick 3. Whenever I got a new professor, I would show them my phone and assure them that when they saw me with my phone out, I was taking notes. I would then show them what I had taken when we go to break. After a few classes, they tell me that they trust me and it wasn't necessary to show them every time. Same with current business meetings. When my superiors see me acting on the topics I took notes over during our meetings, I'm pretty sure they know I'm not playing games.
    01-22-13 12:26 PM
    Stick to the scenario as presented by the ad? Sure. Did they not show members of the same company with (implied) BlackBerry devices? Wasn't the ad about a BYOD scenario and highlighting the advantages of Samsung products (not saying everything presented was accurate, but this was a Samsung ad, after all)?
    01-22-13 12:28 PM
    Yeah, some of these "fans of all platforms always correcting misinformation" seem to get a lot things wrong about BB, cough Pantless cough I always seem to show her something new/old about BlackBerry, most recent predictive typing on qwerty BB and RIM acknowledgments to other companies within the About section. Swings both ways me thinks.
    And like Renee said, I'm woman enough to admit when I learn something new. And whenever I state something I'm not sure of, I preface that as such. Whenever *I* show *you* something, you drop the issue and don't admit you were wrong, or you divert conversation to talk about motorcyles, smartcars, women's watches, etc.
    01-22-13 12:30 PM
256 ... 891011