I love it when people come to a BB fan site and complain that there are fan boys here. SMH
    FYI, she has been at this quite a bit more than some people who attempt to denigrate her comments. She uses devices across the spectrum, be it iPhone, Android, and especially BlackBerry. She loves smartphones so much that she goes out of her way to check out everything, with exception of Windows Phone, thus far. Her comment about rabid fanbois is right on, some of them are worse than the trolls who come here to take shots at BlackBerry/CrackBerry in general.

I can boil it down to a simple sentence: A closed mind gathers no thought. And, by the way, she was here posting, effectively, when you first showed up and logged in for the first time. She's earned her place, and this is her forum home.
    01-21-13 10:59 PM
    Yes, I want my employee to close deal with customer while watching a game.
    01-22-13 12:03 AM
    FYI, she has been at this quite a bit more than some people who attempt to denigrate her comments. She uses devices across the spectrum, be it iPhone, Android, and especially BlackBerry. She loves smartphones so much that she goes out of her way to check out everything, with exception of Windows Phone, thus far. Her comment about rabid fanbois is right on, some of them are worse than the trolls who come here to take shots at BlackBerry/CrackBerry in general.

I can boil it down to a simple sentence: A closed mind gathers no thought. And, by the way, she was here posting, effectively, when you first showed up and logged in for the first time. She's earned her place, and this is her forum home.
    Oh don't be silly. People like us have to get out because we have an open mind and aren't blindly using only one platform. *RME*

A board that consists of nothing but:

Fanboy 1: " I LOVE MAH BB ZOMG!"
    Fanboy 2: "ZOMG ME TOO!"
    Fanboy 3: :"IT'S THE BEST EVER AND NOTHING BAD HAS EVER HAPPENED WITH THEM."
    Fanboy 4:"MINE CRASHED ONCE BUT IT CRASHED SO MUCH BETTER THAN AN IPHONE. STUPID ISHEEP!"
    Fanboy 1: "Good one!"
    Fanboy 3:"Yeah! BB4LYFE!"

Would be the type of board that would be AWESOME. *RME*
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-22-13 01:39 AM
    Some people used to be blackberry fans/primary users but then have tried other devices when RIM started falling behind. Fair enough.
    Some have another device as their primary. Fair enough.
    They stay on here because they may still have a blackberry they use occasionally. Fair enough.
    They want to give the new OS a chance, they may convert back. Fair enough.

But at some point, maybe two months after launch as an estimate, there comes a point that if you don't like blackberry 10 (and you have been hanging around raving about something else) its time to admit you are mainly a fan of the other platform. It may be time to move on if that's the case. It came,you saw, it's not your favourite. iMore and android central are there for you to give your all around "non biased" opinions, which at that point will include bb10.

If Blackberry 10 doesn't please you nothing from RIM will.
    01-22-13 01:45 AM
    I love it when people come to a BB fan site and complain that there are fan boys here. SMH
    Seriously?

I have been using BB since 2004, started with the ugly blue and then black models whose numbers I don't remember, sent to the 8703c, the 8800, 8830WE, 8320, Tour, 9650, and 9930.
    As far as personal, 8310, 9000, 9700, 9300, 9800, 9810, 9860, 9930 (two because one nuked twice and then had to get another one which also nuked), 9370 and 9900. Of those, the 9000, 9930, 9860, 9370 and 9900 were bought cash, off contract.
    I have bought RIMM at $27 and I'm still holding.
    I piloted a PB launch of 50 units at work which was stopped when Dingleberry happened and I caught bloody H3LL from my Director for that project.
    I stopped my agency from doing a request for information to begin a transfer platform away from BB, and I've got until summer to prove that the platform is viable, and unlike the PB disaster, and that RIM is likely to remain alive to provide support for the two years for which the contract will last when it is let.

Don't even TRY to talk as if I haven't championed RIM.

The difference between me and the hardheaded rabid fanbois of which I speak is that I am willing and informed enough to speak candidly of RIM and the other platforms. And the BB fanbois who turn into BB trolls on this very site, the ones who come in from other BB troll sites and who create accounts like AndroidTrollPOS and ModCleanMy****, the ones who are banned from here, gather elsewhere, and then come back under another account, or the ones who leave and then come back to complain about what we say here, are not doing RIM any favours. Because RIM doesn't need a bunch of bobbleheaded yes man army of BB trolls defending them, RIM needs people who are informed and aware of what the competition is doing in order to catch up to them. And maybe even supposedly leapfrog them, as was so widely reported.

RIM's products should be able to stand up to criticism. And the counter to the criticism should be to the criticism itself, not the person posting it on the mistaken assumption that the person is not a BB fan. By the amount of cash that I have dumped on RIM I can say I am a RIM supporter and that is arguably a fact. By the fact that I use the other platforms I am an informed consumer. And I am a fangirl to none. And back in the day when I was arguing with iPhone and Android users and saying I hated those platforms, before I actually tried them, you liked my comments. You might not remember, but I do. I'm the same person. I simply have an open mind.

Thanks, love. Good to know you've got my back.
    Did you see the two trolls who just created accounts? Wonder who they are......
    01-22-13 02:35 AM
    Some people used to be blackberry fans/primary users but then have tried other devices when RIM started falling behind. Fair enough.
    They stay on here because they may still have a blackberry they use occasionally. Fair enough.

But at some point, maybe two months after launch as an estimate, there comes a point that if you don't like blackberry 10 (and you have been hanging around raving about something else) its time to admit you are mainly a fan of the other platform. It may be time to move on if that's the case. It came,you saw, it's not your favourite. iMore and android central are there for you to give your all around "non biased" opinions, which at that point will include bb10.

When this site becomes yours to manage, or current management ascribes to your point of view, I will consider your proposal.

And by the way, I have ALWAYS used more than one platform. Ever since the days of the Audiovox Pocket PC and my Motorola clamshell combinations, or the Siemens SX66 and the Motorola RAZR, or the HP PAQ and the Nokias, until I got my 8310 and used it alongside my Motorola Q. So I didn't move to other platforms when RIM fell behind, I have ALWAYS used more than one platform.

Because I like to be informed as to what I'm talking about. And because I simply LOVE phones.
    01-22-13 02:38 AM
    I think this is more of a bashing on the average "business" customer. They have a blackberry for work and an iphone for play like the lady did, they'll have an iPad, or just a Blackberry because it's "business" (which a lot of that mentality is still around on these forums). I believe the message they got across was that you don't have to carry multiple devices to get the job done, you can get the Note II. But you all knew that
    01-22-13 03:00 AM

And I have friends and relationships with people here, and I will be selling BB10. I sell RIM product on a daily basis, and often have to tech support them (big fan of the PB charging port and battery drain sleep of death). I've owned 6 BB phones and only one was subsidized. Because of me my father has a 9810/64gb PB combo. Yeah. I'm such a RIM hater I sold my dad on BB. I've been here longer than you and will continue to post here. Why?

Because you don't get to dictate who posts here, and if you want to, I suggest you start your own board. I'm so sorry that I won't drink the BB koolaid, or the Apple juice, or the Android flavoured milkshake of blind allegiance like you think I should. I find it better to know how they all work. It's sad that you feel it's better to blindly run ones mouth.

Nice to know you gave set some arbitrary best before date for posters you think should be gone.

:banghead:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-22-13 03:42 AM
    The ad is not that bad to be honest. Samsung has ribbed Apple for far longer, and been much more inflammatory to iOS users. In someways its fair game, for sure there are people still rocking OS5 and OS6 devices and their phones are adequate, but don't really go beyond multi channeled communicating. The Note II will out perform those phones [by brute force]

I can see the appeal of the Note II, it is one, if not the most unique, compelling, feature rich smart phones you can buy today. And it probably is an effective business phone. A two or three year old BB is not even in the same race - of course. If I had to pick any Android phone available today, it'd be Note II [or One x, maybe tho M7 is close..]

Anyway, this talk is all kind of of irrelevant though, BB10 is imminent, and we are stoked for that.
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-22-13 03:51 AM
    Seriously?

I have been using BB since 2004, started with the ugly blue and then black models whose numbers I don't remember, sent to the 8703c, the 8800, 8830WE, 8320, Tour, 9650, and 9930.
    As far as personal, 8310, 9000, 9700, 9300, 9800, 9810, 9860, 9930 (two because one nuked twice and then had to get another one which also nuked), 9370 and 9900. Of those, the 9000, 9930, 9860, 9370 and 9900 were bought cash, off contract.
    I have bought RIMM at $27 and I'm still holding.
    I piloted a PB launch of 50 units at work which was stopped when Dingleberry happened and I caught bloody H3LL from my Director for that project.
    I stopped my agency from doing a request for information to begin a transfer platform away from BB, and I've got until summer to prove that the platform is viable, and unlike the PB disaster, and that RIM is likely to remain alive to provide support for the two years for which the contract will last when it is let.

Don't even TRY to talk as if I haven't championed RIM.

The difference between me and the hardheaded rabid fanbois of which I speak is that I am willing and informed enough to speak candidly of RIM and the other platforms. And the BB fanbois who turn into BB trolls on this very site, the ones who come in from other BB troll sites and who create accounts like AndroidTrollPOS and ModCleanMy****, the ones who are banned from here, gather elsewhere, and then come back under another account, or the ones who leave and then come back to complain about what we say here, are not doing RIM any favours. Because RIM doesn't need a bunch of bobbleheaded yes man army of BB trolls defending them, RIM needs people who are informed and aware of what the competition is doing in order to catch up to them. And maybe even supposedly leapfrog them, as was so widely reported.

RIM's products should be able to stand up to criticism. And the counter to the criticism should be to the criticism itself, not the person posting it on the mistaken assumption that the person is not a BB fan. By the amount of cash that I have dumped on RIM I can say I am a RIM supporter and that is arguably a fact. By the fact that I use the other platforms I am an informed consumer. And I am a fangirl to none. And back in the day when I was arguing with iPhone and Android users and saying I hated those platforms, before I actually tried them, you liked my comments. You might not remember, but I do. I'm the same person. I simply have an open mind.

Thanks, love. Good to know you've got my back.
    Did you see the two trolls who just created accounts? Wonder who they are......
    Well one is banned and I'm sure the other is on its way...

01-22-13 03:59 AM
    The ad is not that bad to be honest. Samsung has ribbed Apple for far longer, and been much more inflammatory to iOS users. In someways its fair game, for sure there are people still rocking OS5 and OS6 devices and their phones are adequate, but don't really go beyond multi channeled communicating. The Note II will out perform those phones [by brute force]

I can see the appeal of the Note II, it is one, if not the most unique, compelling, feature rich smart phones you can buy today. And it probably is an effective business phone. A two or three year old BB is not even in the same race - of course. If I had to pick any Android phone available today, it'd be Note II [or One x, maybe tho M7 is close..]

Anyway, this talk is all kind of of irrelevant though, BB10 is imminent, and we are stoked for that.
    I agree with this. I'm very hopeful that BB10 is everything it looks to be... But I'm not buying right away. I'm waiting for a bit. I lived through one too many buggy releases and questionable hardware to be a RIM early adopter. I know of a few who feel the same. I miss some things about BB and hope to god it goes as well as I hope. I'll know pretty quickly if there's an issue between here and my customers.

01-22-13 04:05 AM

When you're defence of a platform depends on creating troll accounts, it's a reflection on the emptiness of your argument. It the absolute absence of one.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-22-13 04:05 AM
    All CB members should stand up and thank Pantlesspenguin and Qbnkelt.

Now you know more than the average Android user.
    Which one were you?

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-22-13 04:06 AM

Thank God for UK time zones!!!!!!

01-22-13 04:07 AM
    Thank God for UK time zones!!!!!!

And insomnia.

And wtf with the excessive thanking?

01-22-13 04:09 AM
    And insomnia.

And wtf with the excessive thanking?

Simple.
    This particular troll thanks us and by his madness he describes our posts as Android Troll POS.

Quite innovative

Must be quite well practiced.

Oh I had some GREAT tandoori last night!!!!!!

01-22-13 04:15 AM
    What happened here? Probably qbnkelt's fault as usual.
    01-22-13 04:23 AM
    The usual play ... Mine is bigger than yours and does this and does that. But yours doesn�t do this and that....
    Is just like playground at school.
    Last edited by BoldAlways; 01-22-13 at 04:29 AM. Reason: typo
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 04:27 AM
    Simple.
    This particular troll thanks us and by his madness he describes our posts as Android Troll POS.

Quite innovative

Must be quite well practiced.

Oh I had some GREAT tandoori last night!!!!!!

Awww...isnt it cute how pathetic and sad it is?

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 04:28 AM
    What happened here? Probably qbnkelt's fault as usual.
    Hehehe......
    Yah....
    How dare I think for myself and use different bits of plastic and wires.....

01-22-13 04:32 AM
    Also, I don't know if I should be flattered or skeeved that they appear to be following me around the board. Now who of the former posters had a grudge against me...

It's pretty chickensh... Um... You know.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    01-22-13 04:33 AM
    Hehehe......
    Yah....
    How dare I think for myself and use different bits of plastic and wires.....

You beeyotch.

BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 04:33 AM
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with skeeved... Someone needs to get a life or therapy.

BergerKing likes this.
    01-22-13 04:40 AM
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with skeeved... Someone needs to get a life or therapy.

Oh I love it!!!

Got my own stalker!!!!! I must be telling some inconvenient truth to get THAT kind of flattering attention,!!!!!!

reeneebob and BergerKing like this.
    01-22-13 04:44 AM
    Reeneebob, and qbnkelt, you both are worth following around the forums.....for all the right reasons, of course, and TOTALLY PLATONICALLY PANTLESS
    01-22-13 04:47 AM
256 ... 678910 ...