Very true on the proactive approach...
    Thank you. And I just thought of something else. The overall message to the commercial mocking the culture of waiting for the iPhone5 was "That phone with the latest features is already available." Perhaps this commercial was Samsung's way of saying "The business device you're waiting for is already available?" Looking at it that way makes it seem like they definitely knew what they were doing with this commercial. Was it unfair to compare Samsung devices to old legacy BlackBerries since BB10 is right around the corner? Sure. But it's their commercial. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what RIM does in terms of advertising to counter this, and to showcase BB10 in general.
    01-21-13 02:49 PM
    Thank you. And I just thought of something else. The overall message to the commercial mocking the culture of waiting for the iPhone5 was "That phone with the latest features is already available." Perhaps this commercial was Samsung's way of saying "The business device you're waiting for is already available?" Looking at it that way makes it seem like they definitely knew what they were doing with this commercial. Was it unfair to compare Samsung devices to old legacy BlackBerries since BB10 is right around the corner? Sure. But it's their commercial. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what RIM does in terms of advertising to counter this, and to showcase BB10 in general.
    I think it would be a major mistake for RIM to get in to a back and forth ad battle with Samsung...there is really not much RIM could counter with that the general public gives a crap about.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 03:02 PM
    For sure. I confess too, I've been one of the it sucks (since I don't have it) and when it did come it's great LOL

I'm trying to grow up
    So did I, love, so did I....
    01-21-13 03:13 PM
    LOL. You should have heard me make fun of Skype on mobile. it was stupid. Till I got it.
    Thing is, there are so superhardheaded rabid fanbois who will not even acknowledge their own past words, or that any other company has any value.

That kind of rabid fanboism, where ignorance is deemed some type of moral high ground, is beyond ridiculous. And it lessens their arguments because, by their very own admission, they would never use anything other than BB.
    01-21-13 03:17 PM
    I think it would be a major mistake for RIM to get in to a back and forth ad battle with Samsung...there is really not much RIM could counter with that the general public gives a crap about.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Have you seen everything that's going to be unveiled on January 30th? Care to share?? I'm chomping at the bit to find out!
    01-21-13 03:20 PM
    RIM are proffesional people, there is no need for them to response on this stupid commercial. Clearly stated that Scamsung are scared of the come back of the sleeping giant. Now RIM is back in motion, its has awaken and in 10 days they will release the BB10. Scamsung will get slap over and over, both sides ways, back ways, front ways. They will get swallowed by this new fresh UI. Scamsung will are only good for copying other devices, ideas. They don't have any originality.
    They will get crash big time by BB10. Even an old OS 6 or 5 is more solid secured than jelly beans security. PATHETIC SCAMsung!!! And Probably Scamsung can't copy what BB10 new UI so they release this pity commercial.. hahaha SCAMsung, you are toast...
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-21-13 03:24 PM
    Thing is, there are so superhardheaded rabid fanbois who will not even acknowledge their own past words, or that any other company has any value.

That kind of rabid fanboism, where ignorance is deemed some type of moral high ground, is beyond ridiculous. And it lessens their arguments because, by their very own admission, they would never use anything other than BB.
    Indeed. But damned if they see it that way. By their logic that should get medals/trophies/parades/strippers for staying "loyal" to RIM/BB. It reaks of the same stagnation that plagued RIM when Mike and Jim sat in their offices, feet propped on their desks, assuming that nothing could touch BB security and email, and that this new fangled touchscreen was just a fad that would blow over. And who needs decent cameras in a cell phone?? No one wants that. Same with watching videos and listening to music. On a cell phone?? Please. Nope, we'll just stick to having the best security and email and no one will be able to touch us for years.

ETA: I was SOOOOO happy when I read that Thorsten was trying other devices as his daily drivers. I think that was the exact moment I knew that BB10 was going to be something special, because Thorsten knew where his competition was, and what he needed to do to innovate.
    01-21-13 03:25 PM
    As I recall the Samsung Apple ad was more about making fun of the culture of the users. Yeah they talked about a bigger screen and the tap transfer of playlists -- tangible features. But it was overall mocking the hipster culture.

This ad is making a more concrete assertion to me. It is saying Samsung phones are as secure as BlackBerrys or at least secure enough.

Fortunately this will be tested. RIM will have the top BYOD feature with BB Balance. And Mobile Fusion looks good. Corporations that count on all this stuff will be voting with their checkbooks. We'll see how it works out.
    I was referring to posters here who called Apple users losers/slackers/practically welfare bums without jobs for lining up when they should be at work. Many of those same users are saying they will be lying to their boss and calling in sick to sit at home and watch a freaking keynote.
    01-21-13 04:14 PM
    Indeed. But damned if they see it that way. By their logic that should get medals/trophies/parades/strippers for staying "loyal" to RIM/BB. It reaks of the same stagnation that plagued RIM when Mike and Jim sat in their offices, feet propped on their desks, assuming that nothing could touch BB security and email, and that this new fangled touchscreen was just a fad that would blow over. And who needs decent cameras in a cell phone?? No one wants that. Same with watching videos and listening to music. On a cell phone?? Please. Nope, we'll just stick to having the best security and email and no one will be able to touch us for years.

ETA: I was SOOOOO happy when I read that Thorsten was trying other devices as his daily drivers. I think that was the exact moment I knew that BB10 was going to be something special, because Thorsten knew where his competition was, and what he needed to do to innovate.
    The next few weeks will be really interesting, as these self described BB fanboys and loyalists begin to realise what they've been missing. Can't wait.

Or even when they start talking about games or multimedia consumption. Still happen to the gods not good not even they can actually have content on their devices? Will BB find a new tag?

And apps. I'm be so happy not to hear the all you need is a good browser argument.

Oh, by the way.....did you notice that the Obama daughters had iPhones? Security is good enough for the first family, it seems.

Wish these fans would take a hint from Thor and educate themselves.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin and jakie55 like this.
    01-21-13 04:16 PM
    RIM are proffesional people, there is no need for them to response on this stupid commercial. Clearly stated that Scamsung are scared of the come back of the sleeping giant. Now RIM is back in motion, its has awaken and in 10 days they will release the BB10. Scamsung will get slap over and over, both sides ways, back ways, front ways. They will get swallowed by this new fresh UI. Scamsung will are only good for copying other devices, ideas. They don't have any originality.
    They will get crash big time by BB10. Even an old OS 6 or 5 is more solid secured than jelly beans security. PATHETIC SCAMsung!!! And Probably Scamsung can't copy what BB10 new UI so they release this pity commercial.. hahaha SCAMsung, you are toast...
    ...right.

It's been pretty widely said that RIM borrowed quite heavily on the UI for the PBOS and BB10 from WebOS - there's a lot in common, right down to flinging away apps. Where's the witty mashup on the name BlackBerry?

I don't see how anyone, ANYONE, can seriously say that Samsung is 'toast'. Samsung isn't going anywhere. That type of post is a perfect demonstration of the worst kind of fanboism.
    01-21-13 04:17 PM
    I was referring to posters here who called Apple users losers/slackers/practically welfare bums without jobs for lining up when they should be at work. Many of those same users are saying they will be lying to their boss and calling in sick to sit at home and watch a freaking keynote.
    That's true!!!!! The double standard is so much fun to see!!!!

01-21-13 04:18 PM
    ...right.

It's been pretty widely said that RIM borrowed quite heavily on the UI for the PBOS and BB10 from WebOS - there's a lot in common, right down to flinging away apps. Where's the witty mashup on the name BlackBerry?

I don't see how anyone, ANYONE, can seriously say that Samsung is 'toast'. Samsung isn't going anywhere. That type of post is a perfect demonstration of the worst kind of fanboism.
    LOL!!!! The shrillness of the hatred gets funnier by the hour.

BergerKing, jakie55 and reeneebob like this.
    01-21-13 04:34 PM
    I love all things which make my life better...until they don't...then I lose it
    01-21-13 04:52 PM
    Is calling it "Sammy" supposed to make it more Anglo sounding?
    01-21-13 07:07 PM
    Is calling it "Sammy" supposed to make it more Anglo sounding?
    No.
    01-21-13 07:39 PM
    The odd thing is that everyone knows Samsung makes the units and uses someone else's software. Do you really trust their opinion of what is safe when they don't write or own the software?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-21-13 07:50 PM
    We need a banging a head against a brick wall smily.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-21-13 07:53 PM
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-21-13 08:23 PM
    The odd thing is that everyone knows Samsung makes the units and uses someone else's software. Do you really trust their opinion of what is safe when they don't write or own the software?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Using that formula, they have created devices that have certification from the same agencies that certified RIM.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-21-13 08:43 PM
    Using that formula, they have created devices that have certification from the same agencies that certified RIM.

Mute point...no parameters of comparison = no argument. 256 encryption in one area does not = equal on all fronts...just sayin.
    01-21-13 08:50 PM

I love it when people come to a BB fan site and complain that there are fan boys here. SMH
    01-21-13 08:57 PM
    Mute point...no parameters of comparison = no argument. 256 encryption in one area does not = equal on all fronts...just sayin.
    The latent point is that Samsung can bandy about the FIPS term, and they know it.

The overall point is that as BB fans, we should look at Samsung (and Android plus iOS), and see what the heck it is they are doing to be successful. I don't agree with the sentiment that people are stupid for not picking RIM. That is silly, and I think the biggest thing Thor has done is to stop wondering why folks are dumb enough to go to other platforms, and gone ahead and figured out -- in person -- how people can be productive on them. It is a change at RIM that is overdue, but very refreshing to see.

If Thor gets it, with millions of layers of insulation, why can't we?

Mock Samsung at your peril. I thought that I had a grasp of the mobile space, but if you had told me that Samsung would have been where they are now in 2011, I would have laughed you out of the tavern. There is plenty to learn from Samsung and others, and it does not make you less of a RIM fan to admit that.

This ain't aimed at you, Shanerredflag. LOL.
    pantlesspenguin and jakie55 like this.
    01-21-13 09:10 PM
    I just did
    01-21-13 09:13 PM
    01-21-13 09:32 PM
    Its more of the media getting people to live in fear. Thanks Fox news.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Fox News doesn't have a monopoly on scaring folks. They all do it, some worse than others. Such as the NBC expos� on GM truck fires where they pyrotechnically rigged the fire, or MSNBC when they reported on the citizen open carrying firearms near an Obama rally, then the wonks injected race into it, having edited the clips so that one couldn't see that the citizen was -surprise- black.

Fear mongering has even happened here at CrackBerry, with all of the RIM is dead, sell your stock, they'll be gone in six months. BlackBerry to go Android, yada, yada, yada. It seems to be a way of life for a fair point of society, therlse days. Blame the 24 hour news cycle as much as anything.
    01-21-13 10:38 PM
256 ... 56789 ...