They weren't really targeting BB10, just the old legacy OS. It's a much easier target, like shooting fish in a barrel. Haha.
    Funny thing is they won't be able to show the same commercial in 10 days, pity.
    01-20-13 05:20 PM
    Just like the American and japanese car commercials say "more power then a bmw", "more safety then a mercedes", "faster then a porsche"....why is it that it's never been the other way around after all these years?? Why is that?? Year after year same things. "this is the m3 killer!!" comparing to others in commercials is not good. Samsung made a mistake. Belittling your enemy is one of the signs of weakness - sun tzu art of war
    Bilaal, Dapper37, Geeoff and 14 others like this.
    01-20-13 05:28 PM
    Funny thing is they won't be able to show the same commercial in 10 days, pity.
    Eh, let them have their fame while it lasts. Our time is coming, whoop whoop!!!
    01-20-13 05:29 PM
    Samsung made a mistake. Belittling your enemy is one of the signs of weakness - sun tzu art of war
    Exactly! When Samsung belittled Apple then it made sense because Apple is so big. But now, people will question why Samsung is belittling little old Blackberry......... maybe Blackberry isn't so little or so old anymore!!
    01-20-13 05:42 PM
    BlackBerry call to arms!
    01-20-13 05:52 PM
    I felt an attempt to brand Blackberry as the old OS. Get the name Blackberry viewed as old and stale and them maybe folks won't even take a look at it. If it worked I could see a buyer in a cell store saying no thanks I don't want to look at a Blackberry.

Blackberry should be ready for this and I suspect they already have a campaign to negate it.
    01-20-13 05:53 PM
    That advert could backfire on them as it doesn't manage to get its message across to its target market as effectively as the iphone is uncool one, this one seemed to be saying they could match up for business to old blackberries just days before the new one turns up and even then their examples were stuff those old blackberries could also do.

Their other business-related adverts that didn't call attention to a rival seem like they had a much clearer message than this one.
    01-20-13 06:04 PM
    Unicorns...really
    Yeah......that was a rather stupid commercial. With the BB10 coming out in 10 days, their commercial is pretty much already out of date.

I think their best commercial was the GSIII commercial about the waiting in line for an iPhone.
    01-20-13 06:12 PM
    I think their best commercial was the GSIII commercial about the waiting in line for an iPhone.
    The recent one where they gave both work and personal uses for two apps on a screen at once was quite good as well.
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    01-20-13 06:14 PM
    I went to the site "galaxyatwork.com" to have a look, there is any option there which asks "What can Samsung do to replace bb messenger" The response was "Easy you can use FB Chat" Ill let you all make of that one what you will
    -facepalm-
    Gelzz likes this.
    01-20-13 06:26 PM
    Commercial was hilarious. I especially like the part where the young hip chick was telling the older lady to consolidate her life using a Note II instead of having a separate device for work and personal. Hmm, I wonder if BB10 will be good at something like that?
    01-20-13 06:26 PM
    Samsung looks scared and they should be as I will be dumping my sg3 for a z10. What a pathetic commercial .
    01-20-13 06:31 PM
    The recent one where they gave both work and personal uses for two apps on a screen at once was quite good as well.
    That one isn't too bad, but I still feel that multitasking with split screen or overlaying on such a small screen isn't that great. (Same concern with the BBM Video chat or screen sharing on BB10)

Even trying to multitask on my 17 inch monitor was sometimes annoying. (Now I have a 23 inch monitor and it's all good )
    01-20-13 06:32 PM
    That commercial is so ironic...

Thing is, what they're trying to say is productivity over security. The part where the girl explains the encryption is blah blah blah and the guy just walks away, well that's the society we live in now. Where people are ignorant enough to use Google Chrome (legal botnet ftw) or something simple as iOS without knowing the risks behind using those kinds of software. Kaspersky said something about it becoming insecure at one point, and frankly his predictions were right.

No one cares though, the majority of the world doesn't (hence the word majority), why would they? Their form of leverage is saying "omg fb got haked its all googles fult ugggggh" and move on to buy something else.

Business at its finest (thats punny!)
    01-20-13 06:33 PM
    Samsung's mobile phone division has some things to figure out in the next few years. Android is not the future for them.
    01-20-13 06:35 PM
    Originally Posted by Andrew4life:

--------------

I think these were both good. When the first GS3 commercial showed of the 2 app multitasking abilities, I actually was a little jealous .
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-20-13 06:47 PM
    Android is a hackers heaven for any type of security threat. I'd make a payment with an iOS device (when they implement NFC, ofcourse) before making a payment on Android. And it's not the fact that I don't trust myself to install malicious software that will potentially harm my device, it's the lack of security to begin with. I mean, even Windows stock OS comes with some sort of basic security.
    01-20-13 07:00 PM
    Wow, to be honest, that felt like a BlackBerry commercial to me, there's a reason why many of us are still using these devices. "Ally, respect my system."
    00stryder likes this.
    01-20-13 07:32 PM
    Looks like they failed in this guys eyes , he even calls Blackberry "The King of Enterprise."

Samsung Bizarre Enterprise Commercial - Business Insider
    01-20-13 07:40 PM
    Samsung has sold almost 50 million of the S3 so far and around 6 million of the Note 2. I highly doubt they are worried about Blackberry. I love me some blackberry but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I thought the commercial was funny lol. Since when does Samsung ever mention security. Probably just a little cheap shot for fun towards RIM.

Sammy and BB people must unite to take over those hounds at apple
    01-20-13 07:52 PM
    lol uh oh, the fanboys are really mad now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-20-13 07:59 PM
    lol uh oh, the fanboys are really mad now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Pointless reply is pointless.

Business Insiders view of the commercial pretty much sumed up my opinion. I do feel they probably aimed for the wrong target demographic with that one. I cant imagine a board of directors meeting in a fortune 500 company deciding the future was with samsumg based on unicorns alone
    01-20-13 08:03 PM
    I felt an attempt to brand Blackberry as the old OS. Get the name Blackberry viewed as old and stale and them maybe folks won't even take a look at it. If it worked I could see a buyer in a cell store saying no thanks I don't want to look at a Blackberry.

Blackberry should be ready for this and I suspect they already have a campaign to negate it.
    This.

Don't like these type of ads, as they seem a bit disingenuous to me; show me what you can do to make my life easier. They seem to work for Samsung though, so what do I know.

But here's the thing. They are riding high in the consumer space, and are making a play at RIM's stronghold: Enterprise. At the same time, they are making a link between the old OS and the new in the minds of people. That is not necessarily good.

But no, I don't think Samsung is scared of RIM just yet. LOL.
    01-20-13 08:07 PM
    Security ? Seriously ? Samsung ?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 'sudden death' security flaw fixed in UK | CNET UK

This one may take some time to read since it is over 375 pages.................

**Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread** - xda-developers

Of course , ymmv
    01-20-13 08:07 PM
    I found it quite amusing.

Yes, Im about business, so I still use my Blackberry. If I want to play with unicorns, I'll buy a Samsung

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    jakie55 and Bobert_123 like this.
    01-20-13 08:21 PM
256 1234 ...