Hahaha. Neither have disclosed the terms of the deal and it appears to only keep the two from suing each other for a 10 year period. After that... also why doesn't Tizen running Android apps violate the OHA but Samsung buying BlackBerry with the runtime violate the OHA???

Posted via CB10
    I do hope Google cracks down on Samsung. Least ethical major tech company, IMO. Worse than Microsoft.

I actually feel sorry for Google due to how so many companies and consumers are taking advantage of Android's "openness" while demonizing the company. Google could have easily used the Windows model for licensing. It goes to show you can't really please everybody no matter how generous you are.
    02-01-15 11:05 PM
    I don't think tizen is considered an android fork. it just has the ability to run android apps.
    Wouldn't BB10 be the same?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:40 AM
    Hahaha. Neither have disclosed the terms of the deal and it appears to only keep the two from suing each other for a 10 year period. After that... also why doesn't Tizen running Android apps violate the OHA but Samsung buying BlackBerry with the runtime violate the OHA???

Posted via CB10
    Tizen does not run Android apps natively, the USER has to download/install the capability with OpenMobile's Application Compatibility Layer (ACL). Thats the way Tizen skirts OHA. Kind of how why BB10 isn't in trouble with Google with Snap.
    02-02-15 09:21 AM
    Wouldn't BB10 be the same?

Posted via CB10
    Tizen does not run Android apps natively, the USER has to download/install the capability with OpenMobile's Application Compatibility Layer (ACL). Thats the way Tizen skirts OHA. Kind of how why BB10 isn't in trouble with Google with Snap.
    Correct, its not running android, it uses this ACL to do it.
    02-02-15 12:02 PM
    I do hope Google cracks down on Samsung. Least ethical major tech company, IMO. Worse than Microsoft.

I actually feel sorry for Google due to how so many companies and consumers are taking advantage of Android's "openness" while demonizing the company. Google could have easily used the Windows model for licensing. It goes to show you can't really please everybody no matter how generous you are.
    Google needed the "openness" to catch up to Apple... but that same openness has lead to piracy of apps, and a whole slew of other Mobile OS that want to borrow the Android Ecosystem... without doing the hard work.
    02-02-15 04:01 PM
30 12