Any news about how TCL is doing with sales of BlackBerry branded phones ?
    11-22-17 08:21 AM
    Any news about how TCL is doing with sales of BlackBerry branded phones ?
    Outselling the iPhone X by 2-1
    11-22-17 09:17 AM
    TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited

No breakouts by brand or even type of "product" is given.

BlackBerry stated they were happy with sales, but offered no figures either. That said the "launch" of the Motion hasn't indicated movement in the right direction. EIther TCL's financial problems has limited what they can do, or retail channels weren't as excited about it's prospects.
    11-27-17 09:01 AM
    Their 2017 annual report should be available some time after December 31 on their site tclcom.tcl.com
    Check in the Investor relations section.
    11-27-17 10:29 AM
    Outselling the iPhone X by 2-1
    Now it's almost 3-1....
    11-27-17 11:18 AM
    Their 2017 annual report should be available some time after December 31 on their site tclcom.tcl.com
    Check in the Investor relations section.
    With them going private this year, not sure they'll have to file an annual report as in years past. And even if they did, it's doubtful they'll break out much of anything.... unless it's extremely good news and would help overshadow the negative aspects of their business prospects for the coming year.
    11-28-17 09:04 AM
    TCL selling 49% of smartphone business. Also they announced they will sell TCL branded phones in US.
    12-17-17 11:35 PM
    I'll say approaching 500K Worldwide, now after about 10 months on the market.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 12:43 PM
    I'll say they'd be lucky to have sold 300K Worldwide.... simple truth is we have no idea.

I was sorta surprised with the Essential Phone only moving about 50K units in eight months, as I saw much more "news" about it then the KEYone ever managed to create out in the real world. And while more expensive it was a much better hardware set.... just no keyboard. Which has really sold many BlackBerry phones either. By far the Z10 dominated BB10 sales... and towards the end the LEAP seemed to outsell the Classic, at least in the cases of reported wins for BBRY.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    12-28-17 04:00 PM
    I'll say they'd be lucky to have sold 300K Worldwide.... simple truth is we have no idea.

I was sorta surprised with the Essential Phone only moving about 50K units in eight months, as I saw much more "news" about it then the KEYone ever managed to create out in the real world. And while more expensive it was a much better hardware set.... just no keyboard. Which has really sold many BlackBerry phones either. By far the Z10 dominated BB10 sales... and towards the end the LEAP seemed to outsell the Classic, at least in the cases of reported wins for BBRY.
    I might been off with my comparison to IPhone X.....
    12-28-17 04:04 PM
    “It's a project," said Neil Shah, an analyst at Counterpoint Research, who estimates TCL may have shipped 170,000 BlackBerrys in the fourth quarter. "It's gonna be baby steps."

https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...still-a-thing/
    01-11-18 10:37 PM
    Just looking at the Crackberry site seems not a lot of activity...I hope some carriers in the USA get behind the phones.
    01-15-18 07:27 AM
    Just looking at the Crackberry site seems not a lot of activity...I hope some carriers in the USA get behind the phones.
    It is what it is....

Motion is only going to come to carriers if Enterprise is asking for it. TCL has stated that there sales in the US were 60% Enterprise... so one would think that Enterprise is asking. But still will probable be an online item with limited consumer appeal.
    01-15-18 07:34 AM
    It could be that the consumer market for a BlackBerry branded phone is rather small in the USA and what market is there is mainly for a PKB.

The consumer market for BlackBerry died in the USA before their other traditional markets.

TCL TV's s are doing well in the USA market in part due to their Roku tie-in. TCL might be a better slab phone brand going forward.

Ultimately, IMO, BlackBerry the software company, needs to breach the USA carrier supply chain with a non-BlackBerry branded all touch device running "BlackBerry Secure".
    To do that they may need to take a smaller slice of a bigger pie.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-15-18 at 04:11 PM.
    01-15-18 03:29 PM
    It could be that the consumer market for a BlackBerry branded phone is rather small in the USA and what market is there is mainly for a PKB.

The consumer market for BlackBerry died in the USA before their other traditional markets.

TCL TV's s are doing well in the USA market in part due to their Roku tie-in. TCL might be a better slab phone brand going forward.

Ultimately, IMO, BlackBerry the software company, needs to breach the USA carrier supply chain with a non-BlackBerry branded all touch device running "BlackBerry Secure".
    Why not just offer it as a paid app then?

Regardless, I don't hear regular users demanding a phone with extra security. How would this sell?
    01-18-18 07:13 AM

That's interesting thought and strategy. Perhaps through Palm or Alcatel branding.
    01-18-18 08:14 AM

I think they should forget about using these dead western brand and pick up on the fact that TCL is now a known brand in the US. TCL is the brand they are putting on stadiums and bowel games and the Chinese Theater...

Really don't see the sales advantage of BlackBerry Secure or the way to overcome the additional cost it brings. Maybe if they could become a main stream supplier, they could offer an Enterprise version of a popular line. Kinda like Samsung offers the "active" versions of the Galaxy devices. Those customers that are wiling to pay a premium for the extra security could, those that don't feel it's necessary, don't have to.

But I don't see TCL being a mainstream supplier. TCL Communications is a weak company that has scaled back and down. They offer few devices at this point, with no differentiation - they have given up on the disc light back panels
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-18-18 09:25 AM
    I think they should forget about using these dead western brand and pick up on the fact that TCL is now a known brand in the US. TCL is the brand they are putting on stadiums and bowel games and the Chinese Theater...

Really don't see the sales advantage of BlackBerry Secure or the way to overcome the additional cost it brings. Maybe if they could become a main stream supplier, they could offer an Enterprise version of a popular line. Kinda like Samsung offers the "active" versions of the Galaxy devices. Those customers that are wiling to pay a premium for the extra security could, those that don't feel it's necessary, don't have to.

But I don't see TCL being a mainstream supplier. TCL Communications is a weak company that has scaled back and down. They offer few devices at this point, with no differentiation - they have given up on the disc light back panels
    I wonder if the BB name licensing is more about perception branding. Major OEM took big carrier hits in the last week both with Verizon then AT&T.

With security and foreign government intrusion concerns such as when Lenovo bought Motorola, perhaps licensing is way to reinforce safe perception of consumer products not, selling infected hardware perception.
    01-18-18 09:34 AM
    I wonder if the BB name licensing is more about perception branding. Major OEM took big carrier hits in the last week both with Verizon then AT&T.

With security and foreign government intrusion concerns such as when Lenovo bought Motorola, perhaps licensing is way to reinforce safe perception of consumer products not, selling infected hardware perception.
    SPECTRA kinda of illustrates the issue, ultimately BlackBerry Secure is Android and thus seems to be vulnerable to the same hardware vulnerabilities as anyone else. If you can't trust the hardware, the software is mostly meaningless.

BBMo has said they sold 60% of the devices in the US to enterprise... someone is at least wanting to trust TCL.
    01-18-18 10:19 AM
    SPECTRA kinda of illustrates the issue, ultimately BlackBerry Secure is Android and thus seems to be vulnerable to the same hardware vulnerabilities as anyone else. If you can't trust the hardware, the software is mostly meaningless.

BBMo has said they sold 60% of the devices in the US to enterprise... someone is at least wanting to trust TCL.
    My understanding is the BlackBerry secure adds s layer of encryption and blocks root access. Voice is encrypted too. If course the other party must have the same capability.
    01-18-18 11:36 PM
    Remember when the z10 was selling hundreds of millions of billions of units? There is no way to tell.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-18 02:09 AM
    Remember when the z10 was selling hundreds of millions of billions of units? There is no way to tell.

Posted via CB10
    No. It only reached single digit trillion level. I read it on the Internet.
    01-19-18 06:51 AM
    My understanding is the BlackBerry secure adds s layer of encryption and blocks root access. Voice is encrypted too. If course the other party must have the same capability.
    Doesn't help with vulnerability that SPECTRA allows.

There is no voice encryption on BBMo devices, you can add it if you subscribe to Secusmart products - which is a division of BlackBerry.
    01-19-18 01:17 PM
    This is nice post , its very useful you provide a information was knowledge able thanks for share .

https://laptopscreen.ae/
    02-13-18 02:20 AM
    must be beating their projections since they have rolled out variations of the Keyone.
    02-14-18 05:52 PM
37 12