I loved my blackberry devices but now I am not sure if I will fall in love with android blackberry phones. I am not an expert but I would love to hear from the experts on why blackberry built android phones are more secure than the rest of the phones out there. For example DTEK50 is not even built by blackberry.
    08-16-16 08:23 AM
    heres my opinion, i love blackberry for the bb10 os. to me a blackberry android is well just that, another android. You are going to find that Blackberry is going to go more in software direction than hardware I mean look at the Dtek 50 i could order a blackberry dtek 50 battery case and put it on that alcatel and call it a dtek50 minus the security software. the dtek security is what differs in the two devices. Now the Priv was an attempt to do something original and have the bberry trademark keypad but its just an android. BB10 is why I love blackberry and when it goes I will move on to another os that is not android I believe one is in the works now.
    MehdiQ likes this.
    08-16-16 08:30 AM
    hopefully they release the vienna
    MehdiQ likes this.
    08-16-16 08:31 AM
    I loved my blackberry devices but now I am not sure if I will fall in love with android blackberry phones. I am not an expert but I would love to hear from the experts on why blackberry built android phones are more secure than the rest of the phones out there. For example DTEK50 is not even built by blackberry.
    Is being "secure" why you bought a BlackBerry in the first place? Do you use products like BES or BBM Protect? Are you someone that has corporate spies, paparazzi or goverment agencies chasing you?

If security matters for you, then yes BlackBerry has worked some software magic to better secure Android.... from the boot process to monthly security patches. BlackBerry?s New DTEK50 and PRIV Are the Most Secure Android Devices on the Market: Here?s Why [VIDEO, PICS] | Inside BlackBerry Now some of their "security" is part of Android or hardware designs to begin with.....

Anyway, only you can decided if what BlackBerry is selling is right for you...
    MehdiQ likes this.
    08-16-16 08:57 AM
    Is this the right area for this question?
    �\_(ツ)_/�
    08-16-16 11:36 AM
    I hope that no one is after me, the article you shared answers my question. Thanks!
    08-16-16 12:07 PM
    Is this the right area for this question?
    �\_(ツ)_/�
    I am not sure, I usually read a lot of stuff here but I don't post much. Sorry if it is in a wrong place, you can move it if you want to.
    08-16-16 12:08 PM
    I guess it depends on your definition of dead. BB10, as an OS, doesn't seem dead to me. It still works for what I use it for, but I know that I'm not like most folks here who need apps, nor am I active on social media. From a communication standpoint, my Passport (and more specifically, the BB10 OS) fits my needs. I don't see that functionality disappearing anytime soon.

If they can keep the browser updated and can still integrate my different inboxes and whatever social media apps I have and work flawlessly, I am happy. Don't get me wrong, I also have WhatsApp and sad to see that it is stopping support for BB10, but I guess I will deal with it when that time comes (which I know is the calendar year-end).
    08-16-16 12:14 PM