With all due respect, I would not recommend any Samsung smartphones. I have tried several of these in the past and I despised them. Battery life is an atrocity and Samsung's Touchwiz skin is a hot mess. Samsung makes great televisions, but when it comes to smartphones I believe other companies have them beat. I won't even consider the Priv if Samsung has anything to do with the Android software. IMO, Blackberry will be toast if they opt for anything Samsung related in the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    I've never touched a Sammy smartphone tbh (well anything droid related) I just don't think there is a point to support BB with droid on it.

There are always plenty of cheap Chinese droid devices.
    10-10-15 11:12 AM
    I never trust device specs ever - if you take two devices from different makers and they have virtually the same spec you have no idea which one will perform best on things like battery life because the specs don't tell you how effective they have been in modifying the code and what each each OEM's bloatware will do or is well-coded.

The truth is we have absolutely no idea how the Priv actually performs - it could be the best android device ever in terms of performance or a dog and we no way at all to tell.
    10-10-15 11:21 AM
    I've never touched a Sammy smartphone tbh (well anything droid related) I just don't think there is a point to support BB with droid on it.

I never imagined I would use a Droid, but I eventually gave in and tried a couple. There is an incredible difference between all of the manufacturers and the skins and operating systems used on each Droid device. I just wish we could get a release date on the Priv, because I am dying to get my hands on one. If I don't like it, I'll just simply return it.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:05 PM

Chinese assdroids = spyware correctly (with the latest versions) installed FROM factory.

Posted via CB10
    BarefootBerry likes this.
    10-10-15 09:13 PM
    Chinese assdroids = spyware correctly (with the latest versions) installed FROM factory.

Posted via CB10
    If you are going to use droid it won't matter where it comes from. It is built in the software. So if they also add it in the hardware you shouldn't care.
    10-11-15 02:55 AM
    Specs wise they are almost the same, even if maybe the Priv will sport a better camera. More than that, you should consider the differences on the software side. We still know nothing about how the BBExperience will look like into the Priv.
    Wait a couple of weeks and than, hopefully, we'll be able to make an effective comparison between the two of them ;-) patience, padawan!

Posted via CB10
    What. They are nothing like the same. The chip in the S6 is superior by far, and i say that as a LG G4 owner, which the Priv specs are identical to.
    And i doubt the Priv will have a better camera unless Blackberry has spent a lot of time on that side of things but like you say that remains to be seen.

I agree the main differences will be in the software experience and that remains to be seen
    10-12-15 05:30 AM
    Why it's false?
    Today it is, tomorow might not be. It supports SDXC cards, wich is up to 2tb. At the moment there are 512gb cards, sooner or later we will get to the 2tb cards.
    surely you mean 200GB
    which we're not sure the Priv will actually support but i'm sure it will.
    No way will it get support for SD cards that dont actually exist yet
    10-12-15 05:34 AM
    With all due respect, I would not recommend any Samsung smartphones. I have tried several of these in the past and I despised them. Battery life is an atrocity and Samsung's Touchwiz skin is a hot mess. Samsung makes great televisions, but when it comes to smartphones I believe other companies have them beat. I won't even consider the Priv if Samsung has anything to do with the Android software. IMO, Blackberry will be toast if they opt for anything Samsung related in the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    I hate Touchwiz also
    But the S6 has cut a lot of nonsense from touchwiz and is much smoother then it's predeccesors.
    Basically it's not the touchwiz we all knew and hated :P
    10-12-15 05:36 AM
    I hate Touchwiz also
    But the S6 has cut a lot of nonsense from touchwiz and is much smoother then it's predeccesors.
    Basically it's not the touchwiz we all knew and hated :P
    Yes, I did see that the S6 models toned down and refined TouchWiz, but I still think there are just too many deep and hidden settings. This sort of thing drives me nuts. I like a little customization, but I also believe there's such a thing as too much. Guess we should give them credit for at least trying. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 05:44 AM
    How can u make a comparison of 2 devices when one isn't released yet??.I mean you can speculate all you want until priv is released all these posts are useless

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier and Fidel Mercado like this.
    10-12-15 08:46 AM
    surely you mean 200GB
    which we're not sure the Priv will actually support but i'm sure it will.
    No way will it get support for SD cards that dont actually exist yet
    It's SDxc, it's "future proof". Phones like the Note 4 or the Z10 are rated at 64gb, there wasn't any bigger card at the time. Yet there is people on this forum with 128gb sd cards on the Z10, and in Android forums there is a guy with a 200gb card on a note 4... Again, those phones are rated to 64gb....

It's like a PC, you can pick a 5 year old PC, a put in a 5 terabyte drive on it wich didn't exist 5 years ago.

SDxc works in a way, that when available, you should be able to put a 2 terabyte card in a blackberry Z10 or Q10 because they don't have to be coded to support X or Y storages.
    10-12-15 09:22 AM
    Why it's false?
    Today it is, tomorow might not be. It supports SDXC cards, wich is up to 2tb. At the moment there are 512gb cards, sooner or later we will get to the 2tb cards.
    You're right. Hadn't seen the 2TB support when I commented.

I stand corrected and schooled. My bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:38 PM
    I never imagined I would use a Droid, but I eventually gave in and tried a couple. There is an incredible difference between all of the manufacturers and the skins and operating systems used on each Droid device. I just wish we could get a release date on the Priv, because I am dying to get my hands on one. If I don't like it, I'll just simply return it.

Posted via CB10
    Yea BlackBerry will make it 3rd party free though. Companies like samsung or motorola use a ridiculous amount of 3rd party apps on their version of Android. It's like using the Internet with popups.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:25 PM
    What about the Motorola Razr3

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 04:49 PM
    Yea BlackBerry will make it 3rd party free though. Companies like samsung or motorola use a ridiculous amount of 3rd party apps on their version of Android. It's like using the Internet with popups.

Posted via CB10
    I sure hope they do. Actually, the bloatware really doesn't bother me all that much. I just stick it all in a folder and hide it. I am more concerned about the skin. BlackBerry either needs to develop their own skin or else the PRIV needs to run pure Vanilla stock.

Posted via CB 10 on my BB Classic
    10-20-15 04:51 PM
65 123