I've noticed that one of the biggest changes in the S5 design from the S4 are (those horrible colours aside) the dimples on the back cover of the device. My thoughts immediately jumped to my Z10. Doesn't the Z10 also have a plastic, dimpled back? Of course, Samsung's dimples are a lot bigger and more noticeable, but I couldn't help thinking that maybe the Z10 inspired the design, because the Z10 feels really nice and stable in the hand. I don't know what the dimples or the plastic feels like on the S5 because I haven't held one yet, but I can't imagine them being too different. Are dimpled backs are common in the mobile space? Because the Z10 is the only one I've ever heard of. Anyhow, the dimples on the S5 are so enormous we should just call them pores or craters or some other name for big holes. Geez. I'm itching to scratch them off.

Another similarity is that the corners of the S5 has become a lot less rounded, resulting in a more rectangle look. Of course, this is an enormous grey area, and to be fair, all corners basically look alike, but I couldn't help noticing that its corners now look a lot more like the Z10's, and indeed, the iPhone's as well.

I'm not sure if I'm making valid points or just over analysing it, just wanted to put my thoughts out there haha.
    02-25-14 08:10 AM
    Maybe the Z10 has inspired some design changes.
    but honestly, how many ways can they restyle a phone to look good? There are only so many designs I would think. And if the Z10 looks good, then it's worth copying.
    02-25-14 10:12 AM
    Probably over analyzing it, as Samsung, well, most other manufacturers, are accused of ripping off some aspect or another of someone else's design. And sometimes, a phone looks more hideous in pictures than it does in real life. The Style was one of those phones for BB.
    02-25-14 10:14 AM
    the squarer edges arent to copy the z10, its apparently supposed to be to make earlier versions of the note customers upgrade (1 & 2) (its bigger and squarer like the note)

this isnt the first time theyve featured a dotted textured back so i dont think theyre copying the z10 there either, the galaxy s mini had the same dotted texture from 2011: http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/r...-Design-09.jpg and so did the samsung galaxy ace : http://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/sam...ce-s5830-2.jpg as two very quick examples
    02-25-14 06:28 PM
    The dimples are more a design cue from the original Galaxy Nexus and other Samsung phones of the same generation.
    02-25-14 06:41 PM