They built tools to automate stuff. Wouldn't be smart to do otherwise. I wonder how much money they've made from port-a-thons alone.
    They've admitted as much. Yes these terminators make themselves - if you wish to be kind.... If you wish to be less kind lets call it a self replicating virus ;-)
    Last edited by richardat; 10-18-13 at 05:35 PM.
    10-18-13 01:59 PM
    Be honest with yourselves. All these individual city guides and their 4 children should all be under the umbrella of a single app.

If I'm backpacking across Asia, I'm not gonna download 200 different apps to assist me. I'll look for an app or platform that suits my needs (Nokia Maps).
    10-18-13 02:29 PM
    Mostly useless micro apps.
    10-18-13 02:36 PM
    Honestly, this approach is stupid.

They should really be submitting a "City Guides of the World" app and allow in app purchases for guides of different cities.
    This also allows users who travel a lot to view all their guides in on app instead of different apps.

Right now they are bringing bad publicity because it just sounds like a lot of useless apps are being submitted.

Posted via CB10
    Shao128 and Mack Gans like this.
    10-18-13 02:43 PM
    Makes me wonder if this is bad or calling ebooks as apps is bad...
    So amazon appstore has 205533 apps on top of google play

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    bekkay likes this.
    10-18-13 02:46 PM
    Good for them, though 138,790 of them will never be downloaded.
    Yea, who cares except people keeping score on app numbers. More important things to complain about.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-18-13 02:55 PM
    Yea, who cares except people keeping score on app numbers. More important things to complain about.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, like the absence of any useful apps in BB World.
    10-18-13 03:20 PM
    Wonder how many of the apps will actually be REALLY useful.
    10-18-13 03:42 PM
    This is so easy to solve, your app store could just limit the number of apps a person or company can publish on the app store, just like Google/Apple store do. If you have apps which can ranking top 10/100 downloading, then you can publish additional number of apps.

Blackberry allowing this only tells one thing: they really do not have many developpers/apps for their eco-system.
    10-18-13 03:57 PM
    BB World needs more of these crap "apps" the same way CB needs more testy newbies complaining about longtime members being "trolls."
    i do not know if i agree with this "crap" assessment. There are many useful apps from this developer. There is nice amazon app, barcode scanner app etc. etc. personally i find instagram to be crap. i do not get it what is so special about it. yet everyone wants it.
    10-18-13 04:46 PM
    What the hell is wrong with these people!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:28 PM
    What the hell is wrong with these people!

Posted via CB10
    Sloppiness from the top down. And they wonder why they're the laughing stock of the tech world.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-18-13 11:33 PM
    Oh my.... BB world is becoming play store now. How do we even differentiate once it became equally numbered.
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-19-13 12:03 AM
    i do not know if i agree with this "crap" assessment. There are many useful apps from this developer. There is nice amazon app, barcode scanner app etc. etc. personally i find instagram to be crap. i do not get it what is so special about it. yet everyone wants it.
    maybe because you don't have many friends to share your photo / video..instagram it's not special but it is fun..something BlackBerry missing on their phone

maybe they have several good apps, but the rest of the apps are totaly unecessary if they focus on quality they can make it 1 all city incluide guide apps and try to market it properly. instead they make hundred thousand of apps and hope several of their apps can get downloaded and somebody fool enough to pay for it. and i'm sure many of that apps don't get any bug fix, information update.

sorry personal attack , can't help it.
    10-19-13 12:04 AM
    Oh my.... BB world is becoming play store now. How do we even differentiate once it became equally numbered.
    easy... google delete spamming apps when they found one..but BlackBerry encouraged/give permission/pretend to ignore developers to make spam apps to boost their apps number
    Akuji_ism, bekkay and Etios like this.
    10-19-13 12:07 AM
    So, why is this any different than other platforms? 1/3 of Apple apps are not even downloaded once. It doesn't matter how many times I tell my friends this, it doesn't sink in. They just keeps bragging about how many more apps Apple has. So, I just say let it happen and BlackBerry can brag. All the uneducated ears will listen and be extremely impressed. Everyone else does it, now it's BlackBerry's turn.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling and jafrul like this.
    10-19-13 12:12 AM
    So, why is this any different than other platforms? 1/3 of Apple apps are not even downloaded once. It doesn't matter how many times I tell my friends this, it doesn't sink in. They just keeps bragging about how many more apps Apple has. So, I just say let it happen and BlackBerry can brag. All the uneducated ears will listen and be extremely impressed. Everyone else does it, now it's BlackBerry's turn.

Posted via CB10
    because when this 'uneducated people' like you said buying BB10 phone and hoping they get all the popular apps and apps they wanted like other platform have , but they don't get it , it ended up they return the phone or complaining or bashing BB

while android and apple rest in easy because every popular apps available on their store.
    10-19-13 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's different because one developer isn't responsible for more than half of IOS applications.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    10-19-13 12:39 AM
    instead of 46.000 city guides making it hard to search on BlackBerry world. make an app for city guide unlock the content of the city you want within the application by purchasing... then how many apps does thw company have. thanks god navigation companies dont have seperate navifations for all cities in the world.. :s

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 01:12 AM
    The problem is it's impossible to find what you want in their guides when it's buried within the data for the entire city. I wish they would split them up by neighborhood or even individual street, that would make it so much easier to drill down to what you are interested in.
    10-19-13 01:19 AM
    That's ridiculous, most of those don't even deserve to be called apps. They're freaking rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 01:25 AM
    The irony is S4BB could've owned the traveler market if they made one World City Guide and allowed you to purchase a guide for individual cities.

Z10 user: "So I'm going traveling next year to Asia and Europe, gonna be epic!"

BB Power User: "Get it un-locked so you can get cheap local SIMs...and DON'T LIVE ANOTHER MINUTE without downloading the World City Guide app, it's killer and has guides for every city!"

Z10 user: "Wow it's Built for BlackBerry, cheers mate!"
    10-19-13 01:43 AM
    S4BB, S is for what?
    Did they make S4DROID or S4IOS?

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-19-13 02:01 AM
    Well, the one has banking apps, business apps, Gapps, etc.
    bekkay likes this.
    10-19-13 03:33 AM
    It's absolutely spam. Some things like city guide and audio books don't deserve to be called an app. BBRY should know that by accepting rubbish things like that, they are dramatically decreasing the average quality of BlackBerry world. Plz don't make a race on quantity, but focus on quality.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:01 AM
126 12345 ...