This is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-18-13 11:56 AM
    Keep arguing. None are useful.
    If that's true, then they'd either stop making them or slowed them down.

Obviously this strategy is working for them.
    10-18-13 11:57 AM

Ya right. Keep believing that. BB world is awesome.
    10-18-13 11:58 AM
    Also If posting a link to a CRACKBERRY article without commenting and using the original crackberry title is trolling... Well better ban crackberry Kevin and the gang...

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    S4BB made another 50 apps.
    10-18-13 12:09 PM

They must be targeting the coveted "accidentally clicks buy" demographic.
    JeepBB and Mack Gans like this.
    10-18-13 12:09 PM
    They must be targeting the coveted "accidentally clicks buy" demographic.
    Hahaha, their strategy would work best on iOS then.
    Last edited by Iggy City; 10-18-13 at 12:36 PM.
    10-18-13 12:19 PM
    I honestly hope they submit every single app to the Built for BlackBerry program, just so BlackBerry understand how bad the situation is.
    10-18-13 12:26 PM
    I'm sure Alec Saunders will gloat about the percentage increase in apps, app gap closing, etc at his next keynote.
    richardat, Etios, mjdimer and 2 others like this.
    10-18-13 12:31 PM
    The simple solution is to just classify all these city guides as just that....guides.

They can stay in BlackBerry World, but BlackBerry doesn't have to promote a false number whenever they're on stage. Instead of saying "we have 200,000+ apps" they should be saying "we're adding dozens of games,productivity apps and utility apps each week".

The latter statement is completely true. It shows a growing ecosystem and ignores the numerous guide apps which present an inflated number, but still serve a purpose (albeit very limited).

As ways Blackberrys problem isn't so much the ecosystem as it is communication. Ironic for a company whose sole purpose is to help you communicate better.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 12:35 PM
    Good for them, though 138,790 of them will never be downloaded.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    10-18-13 12:36 PM
    I'm sure Alec Saunders will gloat about the percentage increase in apps, app gap closing, etc at his next keynote.
    he`s even admitted on twitter that they wont check all the apps! only `a sample of their submission` so you don't even know for sure they are all in good working order.

even if that is their normal MO for such large numbers, admitting it publicly is probably the dumbest thing iv seen from a BB exec this week....oh wait, that was franks `days` for BBM, make this second dumbest exec comment of the week lol.
    10-18-13 12:36 PM
    What a sham.

Blackberry can gloat all they want about the increase in apps, but the reality is the few people I know with BB10 devices continue to say the same thing "I can't find any good apps for it".

What makes it worse is that the few quality apps that are available for BB10 is being drowned out and are harder to find because of crap that S4BB puts up So really S4BB's app scam is having a more negative effect on BB10 than a positive one.
    10-18-13 12:40 PM
    What a sham.

Blackberry can gloat all they want about the increase in apps, but the reality is the few people I know with BB10 devices continue to say the same thing "I can't find any good apps for it".

What makes it worse is that the few quality apps that are available for BB10 is being drowned out and are harder to find because of crap that S4BB puts up So really S4BB's app scam is having a more negative effect on BB10 than a positive one.
    Im gonna have to disagree. The good apps are often promoted to the app carousel, and the good apps are usually trending, plus there is the built for bb section. Good apps are not hard to find. What your friends are actually complaining about is they want the exact same app android or iphone has and they ignore the good exclusive apps on bb.
    aminrajabi and John Pawling like this.
    10-18-13 12:43 PM
    Im gonna have to disagree. The good apps are often promoted to the app carousel, and the good apps are usually trending, plus there is the built for bb section. Good apps are not hard to find. What your friends are actually complaining about is they want the exact same app android or iphone has and they ignore the good exclusive apps on bb.
    I think whats probably more `right` to say, is that with that many apps flowing through, it will be a lot easier for good/decent apps to be noticed, which may in turn mean less downloads and reviews for that app which means the BB World team don't see it as popular then don't feature it.

of course it doesn't apply to all apps, but its gone from sorting the wheat from the chaff to looking for a needle in a haystack.
    10-18-13 12:47 PM
    I don't understand why people get their blood pressures raised over this.

Good for them for pumping out so many apps. Is it better to have 1 developer create 10,000 city guides or 1000 developers create 10,000 flash light apps?

I'd argue the former, because atleast they're individually different and useful.
    but do they need to make 4 different apps for one city ? if you don't call it spamming i don't know what to call...
    10-18-13 12:57 PM
    Looks like there could be some very clear evidence with this stuff, for the class action lawsuits against BB and the premise that misrepresentations were made.
    10-18-13 12:58 PM
    It is funny that non BlackBerry 10 owners keep talking about apps in BlackBerry World. Do you see tons of S4BB apps on the first page of recommended apps or trending apps. You don't even own BlackBerry 10 phone yet, what do you complain about. I'm in canada, I want to explore all the cities I am interested or will be visiting, what is the use of GPS in here?

I wish I could be S4BB and create as many as apps as possible.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-18-13 12:59 PM
    Looks like there could be some very clear evidence with this stuff, for the class action lawsuits against BB and the premise that misrepresentations were made.
    sorry, but i dont find any connection between lawsuit and BB world spamming can you explain it more?
    10-18-13 01:03 PM
    I wish I could be S4BB and create as many as apps as possible.
    Me too.
    10-18-13 01:04 PM
    um. No.
    10-18-13 01:06 PM
    And just when you thought that BBRY couldn't possibly get any more egg on their face..

Sent from my Nexus 4
    10-18-13 01:15 PM
    I'm a bit curious how they make 'em so fast. I mean, isn't that like, an app every 10 minutes or something? They may as well change the name of "App World" to "S4BB World."
    Says something in the article about automated app development.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-18-13 01:19 PM
    I'm a bit curious how they make 'em so fast. I mean, isn't that like, an app every 10 minutes or something? They may as well change the name of "App World" to "S4BB World."
    Scrape public data (Wikipedia, various mapping services, etc.). Script it into some predictable format. Automate a build + submission process. If you can do 100, you can do 100,000.

It is a real shame. It would be easy enough to stop this kind of thing with a small "submission fee", perhaps $100. Heck, you could even reimburse the fee in some clever way. E.g.

1. Charge $100 to submit an app.
    2. For each $1 earned, reimburse $0.10 of the original fee.
    3. For free apps, or even unpopular paid apps, reimburse the fee after 1 year, but make the developer fill in a form to get the fee back.

A very little attention to detail and concern for user experience would really help here.
    10-18-13 01:26 PM
    This will only matter if BB starts quoting the number of apps added to platform. And if they do, burn them at the stake with their over promotion of growth of app world. If they don't say boo about the app catalog size and just stick to the name brand apps making there way on to the platform, then why does it matter. 5 apps or 5 million, as long as the thing 'you' want is there why care about something you'd never use anyway.....

Guess people have nothing better to do then chase the news and pick a side.
    10-18-13 01:30 PM
    but do they need to make 4 different apps for one city ? if you don't call it spamming i don't know what to call...
    You mean everyone really doesn't need at least 4 apps for Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan?
    avt123 likes this.
    10-18-13 01:57 PM
126 1234 ...