Hello,

I have a 8130 Pearl with internal GPS and for some reason, it fails to connect or use this GPS. I have tried 3 or 4 different Navigation Systems. I have no idea why it fails to work. The GPS software works properly and the versions fit the requirments to opporate. I just can't seem to connect to a GPS that is inside my phone. If you can help, please throw any suggestions at me. I am willing to try just about anything.
    07-21-09 08:45 PM
    what company are you with?
    07-22-09 02:28 AM
    Hello Mystic54, My name is Jacob and I just wanted to let you know you can get GPS will not work now because your using cell tower triangulation instead of acctual Satellite connection. Here's the fix:

1. Download Telenav. The monthly charge is 9.99 as you know but it is free for the first month. in the event they do charge you 9.99 for your "free month of service", simply call alltel *611 or 1-800-255-8351 to cancel it. I will even call and cancel it for you if you want (I work for Alltel).

2. On your Pearl go to options/advanced options/GPS/GPS Services, turn ON

3. Go into Telenav let it load to the main screen and select Maps/location. let it lock your location. this is important because it "unlocks" your gps by telling the phone to search for Satellites instead of the cell tower fall back system.

4. Close Telenav, open Blackberry maps select the Menu button/Find Loaction/Where I Am. And then BOOM!! you gots the G's P's S's.

Im me or post here for any questions.

*NOTE* go back to Telenav and under options you can cancel subscription. Don't be affraid of the service fee. You didn't hear it from me but with Alltel merging with Verizon they have been VERY slack with Charges, Contract date removals, Etc.
    I hope that solves your problems!
    07-22-09 02:37 AM
    Verizon locks down the GPS. Sometimes Verizon Navigator will help to get other apps to work, and others not. It's a Verizon thing.
    07-22-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD