If you live in a fairly rural area, who is you carrier and how is your coverage? 3G? Other services? What is good and where does it fall short?

Urban areas get most of the press, testing, early technology, and surveys, for obvious reasons. But I'd like to hear from some of us "country folks".

For me, I live in a VERY small town about 15 miles from a metro area of about a qtr million. But I work and drive in and through very rural areas mostly. I have really good 3G coverage in my home and home area, but not at work. I'd rate general signal quality and reliability about a 9 out of 10 in my areas. With the Bold, I'm obviously with AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 08:05 PM
    I have a 30,000 population town about 15 miles away. Next closest big town is 90 miles - pop 225,000. So I feel like I'm really in the boonies.

Alltel is my carrier and service is great. Full EVDO signal almost everywhere.

06-11-09 08:30 PM
    I live near Washington DC so that doesn't qualify as rural. But last weekend I visited my parents in the mountains of Pennsylvania. They live in a valley and get barely any 1X (never EV) service, but I drove 8 miles to a very small town (Meyersdale, PA) and was startled to see 5 bars (-75dBM) of 1XEV Verizon service!

06-11-09 08:36 PM
    Live in a town with 2000 people. I have alltel and we have EVDO

06-11-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD