I am seriously considering upgrading my pointless garbage WinMo phone to a Blackberry. The only thing in which I am hesitant about the upgrade is the software I use on my WinMo. I am in the Medical Profession and have a drug application that is only available for WinMo. Is there any way to run this application on a Blackberry Device (i.e. Install an emmulator or some sort and install the cab install file that is native to WinMo)?

Thanks.
    07-17-08 06:43 AM
    The Blackberry is a Blackberry. You cannot run WinMo on Blackberry. Sorry.
    07-17-08 06:48 AM
    You might want to look HERE and see if there is something offered that is similar to what you're running now. GL & welcome to CB.
    07-17-08 06:52 AM
    In the event that the winmo app has to be used and you can't use an alternative app there is the option of getting a winmo PDA (non-smartphone) as a suplimental device to the BB or even keep your winmo smartphone to use the app on and get a BB for everything else. I'm not familiar with quality level of winmo smartphones so it is entirely possible that a winmo PDA (non-smartphone) will be higher quality for the purpose of running winmo apps. I know coming from palm PDA user for 7+ years a lot of palm users I knew also owned a loved winmo PDAs as well. The only reason I personally don't own one is because of MS business practices. But since Bill Gates has steped down if things change I may consider owning more MS products including PDA or other portable products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 06:24 PM
    Dell Axims were good PDA's. Perhaps you could pick one up on ebay really cheap (since they've been discontinued) but who could possibly turn down Hewlett Packards beautiful iPAQ 211?

I'd link to it, but since I don't have 10 posts yet it is forbidden
    07-17-08 08:02 PM
    Thanks a lot for your help. Guess holding on to my WinMo phone will have to be the solution if I switch to BB. I will try to convince the company to launch a BB version of the software in the meantime.
    07-26-08 03:19 AM
    Convincing the company to make a BlackBerry version may not be so hard to do since it is likely that all versions of the program will use the same data file(s). All that is needed is to rewrite the user access part - the bit you see and use.

The company would probably have to hire in, or contact out a Java programmer conversant with the BalckBerry and there are a number of those lurking in the dark recesses of the Developer's Forum here on CrackBerry.
    07-26-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD