It definitely DOESN'T Work on my Z10 with official 10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:42 AM
    It definitely works on 10.2.0.1xxx as I just tried it and it works.

Its definitely not a 10.2.1 feature.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.424 OS
    01-14-14 04:01 AM
    I couldn't get it to work in the web browser, one of the places I am most likely to copy text from. It did work in the Docs to Go app.
    01-14-14 07:40 AM
    I couldn't get it to work in the web browser, one of the places I am most likely to copy text from. It did work in the Docs to Go app.
    It works on the browser, but only in a text field. Elsewhere, the normal copy function works splendidly.

I wonder how long ago this was available......
    01-14-14 08:28 AM
    Neat. Works on the Zed too.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    01-14-14 08:36 AM
    I love it!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:25 AM
    Works on current OS with Z10. Dont need to install the leak or wait for official update

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:13 AM
    Wow! Also works on the Z10. Thanks for sharing.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    01-14-14 10:43 AM
    works on 10.2 for me. Never knew.
    this is an excellent step forwards - although if I am totally honest I would like a trackpad better....
    01-14-14 10:51 AM
    Works very well!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 12:36 PM
    Really, nothing new. There's this, even:

"Running Shift" features BB10 - for the trackpad lovers!!-img_00001872.png

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    01-14-14 12:44 PM
    Really, nothing new. There's this, even:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001872.png 
Views:	676 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	238608

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    Back in the good old days we used to have a trackpad that we could use for many things. I applaud their effort but this was only a small feature of the trackpad.
    01-15-14 02:38 AM
    Whaaat AWESOME! Thanks OP this is a wicked feature noone ever talked about! I have the official 10.2 on the Q10 and it works perfectly.

Hmm, now all we need is a better way to move the cursor and scroll lists/pages so that the trackpad can be officially redundant.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 03:08 AM
    Great addition! On 10.2

I miss something like arrow keys from a real desktop computer or other feature phones I used earlier.

Why not implement a function key (alt, right/left shift, delete, sym, or a combo, plenty to choose from) plus the common W A S D arrow key replacement used but PC gamers?

I am missing the functionality of being able to move the cursor or "circle thingy" by one single character to the side, or one line up or down. Or a few characters to the side, so I can easily count them by the number of keypresses needed. I also use HOME and END a lot.

Tapping the circular cursor is just not precise enough in some cases, and when texting has cause me to send unfinished messages when operating too close to the touchscreen send button.

Anyone else who would like to see WASD arrow keys or knows how to get that functionality if it already exists?

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    01-15-14 11:21 PM
    Great addition! On 10.2

I miss something like arrow keys from a real desktop computer or other feature phones I used earlier.

Why not implement a function key (alt, right/left shift, delete, sym, or a combo, plenty to choose from) plus the common W A S D arrow key replacement used but PC gamers?

I am missing the functionality of being able to move the cursor or "circle thingy" by one single character to the side, or one line up or down. Or a few characters to the side, so I can easily count them by the number of keypresses needed. I also use HOME and END a lot.

Tapping the circular cursor is just not precise enough in some cases, and when texting has cause me to send unfinished messages when operating too close to the touchscreen send button.

Anyone else who would like to see WASD arrow keys or knows how to get that functionality if it already exists?

Thats's on the Q series of course.

01-15-14 11:22 PM
    From Michael Clewley Channel: it simulates the selection with the BBOS trackpad. Simply hold the shift button and drag and drop the cursor to select easily text everywhere!
    Available on 10.2.1 so do not try it on older version.. it will not work!

Attachment 238346

EDIT:

After all the comments I am still NOT sure if this feature was present also on 10.2.0.429.
    Anyway the important thing is that it is THERE now. I find it EXTREMELY USEFUL and very few users are aware of that possibility so I am glad to share!!!

Posted via CB10
    Somebody needs to tell Clewley that you didn't need to hold shift on Legacy, you just had to press it for the selection to start, not hold it.
    01-16-14 05:03 AM
    Great addition! On 10.2

Any Linux/Unix users out there who remember 'vi'? How about implementing 'vi-esque' command for editing? Just kidding, but I do like vi.

Now for a real report: You guys and gals remember "shift-click" selection in Windows? Well that works on my Z10 too (.1925 leak). I tap somewhere to place the cursor, then hold the shift key while tapping somewhere else (which could be on a different screen after scrolling). Everything between those two cursor positions is selected! Up to now I've been selecting a word then dragging the little handles to select more. This is much easier!
    Q10Bold and allwi like this.
    01-16-14 06:57 PM
    Now for a real report: You guys and gals remember "shift-click" selection in Windows? Well that works on my Z10 too (.1925 leak). I tap somewhere to place the cursor, then hold the shift key while tapping somewhere else (which could be on a different screen after scrolling). Everything between those two cursor positions is selected! Up to now I've been selecting a word then dragging the little handles to select more. This is much easier!
    Cool - and what does the whole discussion show? BB implements cool features but they are to dumb to promote them or at least to tell the users that they are there.
    I want to USE my phone efficiently and not play some kind of search-the-next-gimmick game ...
    01-19-14 11:58 PM
    Cool - and what does the whole discussion show? BB implements cool features but they are to dumb to promote them or at least to tell the users that they are there.
    I want to USE my phone efficiently and not play some kind of search-the-next-gimmick game ...
    To be fair, and partly in BB's defence, I suppose, I don't know whether this Shift-Click thing was available in the latest official release. I am running the .1925 leak and only "discovered" it after reading Michael Clewly's post that started this thread; which makes me suspect it may not be in the current official release.
    01-21-14 04:34 PM
    woah , i know kung fu
    Show me.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    01-21-14 07:15 PM
    To be fair, and partly in BB's defence, I suppose, I don't know whether this Shift-Click thing was available in the latest official release. I am running the .1925 leak and only "discovered" it after reading Michael Clewly's post that started this thread; which makes me suspect it may not be in the current official release.
    It is in 10.2.0 - I'm only running official versions, no leaks (still too frightened ).
    This is only a small feature - nothing you could use to convince a potential customer to buy a BB instead of an Android or iPhone but I think that's symptomatical: BB has great features but don't promote them aggressively enough.
    01-22-14 12:00 AM
    It is in 10.2.0 - I'm only running official versions, no leaks (still too frightened ).
    This is only a small feature - nothing you could use to convince a potential customer to buy a BB instead of an Android or iPhone but I think that's symptomatical: BB has great features but don't promote them aggressively enough.
    I suppose one man's "hey, this is cool" could be another's "what's the bug deal". Just sayin'. The other problem with promoting ALL the great features is that you could potentially end up with an encyclopaedic list that no one reads. At least Clewly highlighted this one.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:58 AM
    It's nice feature, but cannot do this one handed. Used to be able too on legacy. And I miss it, use to be able to copy/paste so easily, one handed, anything anywhere.

Why not make it, long shift hold, keeps bubble up and slide finger across, click copy.

If you long press shift and then enter a letter, the OS should know the difference between a swipe across the screen or that you've press alt to put letters into caps mode once a letter as been pressed.

Alt+shift turns Num locks ON, why not do shift+alt to turn file selection ON? Again doable one handed and would be so much more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    01-22-14 06:41 PM
    Great addition! On 10.2

I just found out it does exist, but a virtual arrow keys. Tap somewhere to bring up the circle, then tap anywhere within the circle to move the cursor one character or line at a time. For example, if you tap in the right/left half of the circle the cursor will move one character to the right/left. Similarly up and down.

Your wish has been granted.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:55 PM
    From Michael Clewley Channel: it simulates the selection with the BBOS trackpad. Simply hold the shift button and drag and drop the cursor to select easily text everywhere!
    Available on 10.2.1 so do not try it on older version.. it will not work!

Attachment 238346

EDIT:

After all the comments I am still NOT sure if this feature was present also on 10.2.0.429.
    Anyway the important thing is that it is THERE now. I find it EXTREMELY USEFUL and very few users are aware of that possibility so I am glad to share!!!

Posted via CB10
    I've been using this feature for a long time ago, it has been available since 10.1 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:32 PM
51 123