This is true, or something as big-a-deal as a sliding keyboard. A representative from Rogers told me that Rogers has the license for the Thunder on March. 1st, 2009. However, the phone is still going through testing, and might not be out till later. Wait for specs around the beginning of next month!

I'm assuming wi-fi, thinner profile (or just slightly thicker with a keyboard), and faster processor (650mhz+ instead of 528mhz or whatever it is now).

I also would like to see the storm with the bold's leather backing, especially if it has a keyboard (to add shock absorption on the more delicate sliding apparatus).

Oh-and why not a 2mp camera on the front. It's easy, small, and makes for good times. Video calls could also get interesting with that screen size

Stay ahead of Apple, RIM!
    I also speculate Blackberry will be releasing a destop software music/store media player that will rival Apples iTunes and work with your library and its own playlists through seamless uploading. This program would also incorporate all of the current desktop software features. Each carrier would have available the appropriate store content upon detection of wireless provider after the phone's connection.

My final note: If there is no keyboard on the Thunder,
    keep your eyes peeled for a haptic screen 8900!
    Read the about the award for SurePress on the crackberry website news feed!
    After Kevin's question 'Does this mean we'll be seeing more SurePess on future BlackBerry touchscreens?' Who knows!?

How about a trackball on the right side of the Thunder? Perhaps just 1/3 the way up from the bottom. It could be used like the old Blue's scroll wheel and would look rediculously cool in an 8900 atomic-ball finish.

Sorry for ranting, just getting a little excited here

cheers,
    Kevan
    bhk8743
    02-19-09 06:15 PM
    My understanding is that it is the same as the 9500, with wifi. Does that mean they are testing now, or starting March 1st?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/lat...rogers-103163/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/gsm...9520-a-122406/
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 02-19-09 at 06:50 PM.
    02-19-09 06:38 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Great first post. Hopefully everything is true
    02-19-09 06:48 PM
    RIM will always be ahead of Apple if you really think about it,now when can Iget this new phone you speak of?
    02-19-09 07:06 PM
    my frd at rogers bb dept said there's nothing so far
    02-19-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD