Sounds like "they" got to him with an NDA!
    I don't think so or should I say not a new one. I talk to him quite frequently and he says things have been quiet on BB10 phones inside Verizon. Now, maybe top levels are keeping things quiet but still, you have to do some training before launch and this guy is a top notch technical salesman and would be one of the first ones to get some training.
    01-15-13 01:16 PM
    Sounds like "they" got to him with an NDA!
    And the best NDA is not telling anyone anything.
    01-15-13 01:20 PM
    Lets all be calm until the NHL starts back up this weekend so our friends to the north can get back to normal and this US - Canada stuff dies down.
    01-15-13 01:21 PM
    I don't think so or should I say not a new one. I talk to him quite frequently and he says things have been quiet on BB10 phones inside Verizon. Now, maybe top levels are keeping things quiet but still, you have to do some training before launch and this guy is a top notch technical salesman and would be one of the first ones to get some training.
    You're right of course - I was just kidding. From what I've observed in the past, these training sessions happen very close to release, and I hope that is the case here.
    01-15-13 01:26 PM
    Lets all be calm until the NHL starts back up this weekend so our friends to the north can get back to normal and this US - Canada stuff dies down.
    But who won the World Junior Championship? Hey Canada, you didn't even make the finals. Just felt like rubbing it in...half my hockey team are Canucks...good thing they have a sense of humor (humour - Canadian translation).
    jakie55 and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-15-13 01:36 PM
    (humour - Canadian translation).
    I didn't realis(z)e the English were Canadians RAWR lets bring other nations in to this!
    01-15-13 01:58 PM
    I didn't realis(z)e the English were Canadians RAWR lets bring other nations in to this!
    Depends on which school you went to
    01-15-13 02:05 PM
    I became an American citizen *by choice* and while this country is not perfect, I have made myself a very nice life here due to the opportunities it offered me. Only place I would rather be is on a seaside cottage in Galway Bay. Until that happens, this is my home and your angry tirade is insulting.
    Since when can't an American in America criticize their own country. I was born and raised here, and I agree with everything w0lfgang says. I've been saying that for years! That doesn't mean I have to leave my country. Just because you don't like the truth doesn't change it, haha! Freedom of speech an American's God's given right!! Preach on w0lfgang!!!!
    01-15-13 02:54 PM
    Now back to topic. I was told by someone the India launch is on 20th Feb; but no shipping dates confirmed as yet.
    01-15-13 03:39 PM
    Now back to topic. I was told by someone the India launch is on 20th Feb; but no shipping dates confirmed as yet.
    Nice to see the thread get back on track. It's easy to see how these things get hijacked.

Personally, I hope the US gets these units asap after the 30th, as I will be traveling in the US (from Canada) and would like to have a few minutes to play with one or the other if both are out.

14 days and counting
    01-15-13 05:57 PM
    There was a tweet today that said current pre-orders worldwide are at 600,000. Thats not bad. You can get a lot of BB10's on a 747 freighter and have them anywhere in the world in 24 hours
    01-15-13 07:35 PM
    RIM should have called it an unveiling. The word launch is causing a lot of confusion.

I will be putting on a fresh outfit an D&G cologne and going to yorkdale later this week. Will get chummy with the rogers girls then ask about the bb10 shipment.
    So you're the pervy old geezer hanging out in the Yorkdale Mall. The security staff have their tasers set to 'electrocute'.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-15-13 10:54 PM
    There was a tweet today that said current pre-orders worldwide are at 600,000. Thats not bad. You can get a lot of BB10's on a 747 freighter and have them anywhere in the world in 24 hours
    And with marketing the pre-order volume could have easily surpassed 1 000 000 units. Of the 600 000 pre-orders how many will translate into sell-through to the consumer? Ultimately that metric is the only one that matters at the end of the quarter.
    01-16-13 08:22 AM
    I'd be very skeptical about a "tweet" with pre-order numbers, considering RIM doesn't even give out official numbers until quarterly earning reports. Unless we're now taking "tweets" over the interwebz as factual information.
    01-16-13 08:57 AM
    And with marketing the pre-order volume could have easily surpassed 1 000 000 units. Of the 600 000 pre-orders how many will translate into sell-through to the consumer? Ultimately that metric is the only one that matters at the end of the quarter.
    Err, aren't pre-orders given by end point customers such as such us for our carriers? And secondly, you have to remember not all carriers are taking pre-orders. Just imagine if all the 650 or so carriers RIM has connected with started taking pre-orders, that would be massive
    01-16-13 08:58 AM
    Yes... RIM should keep the phones from Americans, and anyone else who doesn't cringe at the sight of the Stars n Stripes. That'll show 'em...
    I said AT LAUNCH....so as a business owner, you would focus all your marketing and logistical efforts on the customers who scoff at you, don't buy your product and think you are so pathetic that they make jokes about you and your business? You must be fortune 500 CEO of the year
    Obviously the American market has its importance....but this idea that nothing can survive without the blessings of the American public is ridiculous....AND arrogant
    01-20-13 02:29 PM
    I'd be very skeptical about a "tweet" with pre-order numbers, considering RIM doesn't even give out official numbers until quarterly earning reports. Unless we're now taking "tweets" over the interwebz as factual information.
    It was Kevin that put that number out there.
    01-20-13 02:33 PM
    The 600k pre orders was from @blackberryscoop not kevin
    01-20-13 02:36 PM
    The characterisation below is insulting.
    If you don't see that, no sense in attempting to explain.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Perhaps you can explain the following "characterizations?"
    Obesity: Obesity Rates Rising: 10 Fattest Countries In The Developed World (SLIDESHOW)
    Guess which country is number one
    Education: Best Education In The World: Finland, South Korea Top Country Rankings, U.S. Rated Average
    Guess which country barely makes the top 20
    Shallowness: See education
    Sucks when facts don't align with your personal feelings/beliefs, huh? I would post other sources, but I'll just challenge you to show how the above are NOT true...good luck
    01-20-13 02:44 PM
    So you're the pervy old geezer hanging out in the Yorkdale Mall. The security staff have their tasers set to 'electrocute'.
    This made me laugh so hard, haha

My apologies. I felt compelled to share
    01-20-13 02:46 PM
    Yeah, that 600k number isn't from a reliable source. It seems high anyway given that it is still pre-launch event and only some carriers have started doing pre-orders.

Although Kevin did say that he heard from contacts at Rogers that they had received more pre-orders than their initial handset order, so at least in Canada demand seems to be stronger than expected.
    01-20-13 02:56 PM
    Your avatar looks like dr House and you speak like dr House!
    strange....lol...that is in fact what many of my colleagues call me....not for looking like him....but for speaking like him....perhaps they are on to something. In meetings I am not known to hold my tongue, and it is also very often quite sardonic and dripping with cynicism. Some find it refreshing and honest. Others find it offensive...c'est la vie
    01-20-13 03:03 PM
    Oh ya it was Kevin that said they had sold out, either way I was skeptical considering the Rogers site says 2500 orders or something.
    01-20-13 03:20 PM
    The usual rule applies: Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know.
    01-20-13 03:38 PM
    ROFLMAO. Is that the same "BlackBerryscoop who got totally exposed as a rumor mill?
    01-20-13 03:41 PM
84 1234