Went into a Rogers store to buy the new enhanced WiFi modem+router unit today. While there asked the guy I know if he knew when they are going to start receiving the shipment of the Z10. He said they haven't got it but some of the bigger stores have. He said the Yorkdale Mall store has received theirs but are not showing or saying anything as they are not allowed to. When I further asked if the Markville Mall store had got any, he said they had not either and when they do he will be there pretty quick checking it out.

Assuming this is true, looks like the phones will be available immediately, at least in Canada. Hope its true.

G
    Last edited by gokulesh; 01-13-13 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Removed reference to which store I went to - Just incase this rumour is true - dont want the guy to get in trouble.
    01-13-13 05:09 PM
    hmmm...maybe they received "dummy" units?

Seems a little early to have shipments come in.
    01-13-13 05:12 PM
    01-13-13 05:15 PM
    I hate marketing talk sometimes.

"Available" "Launch" "Shipping" "Purchase"

Just because it's available at launch doesn't mean you'll have it that day. That could mean anything like "available" for pre-order, which will ship 2 weeks later.

And RIM "shipping" Z10 phones doesn't mean they'll be available for launch. RIM shipping Z10 could mean carriers are getting them in stores but not for sale til a much later date. Or RIM shipping Z10 phones could mean they shipped a couple hundred phones to key people for demo/marketing purposes.

Look, just tell me straight up Mr. Cell Carrier. Will I be able to purchase and have in my hand my own BB10 phone? And exactly when?
    01-13-13 05:24 PM
    If there is actually going to be a carrier releasing on the 30th, I wouldn't say its too early to be shipping. A 30th release means they would have to start training store employees by late next week.
    01-13-13 05:32 PM
    If there is actually going to be a carrier releasing on the 30th, I wouldn't say its too early to be shipping. A 30th release means they would have to start training store employees by late next week.
    They won't ship on the 30th.

Being able to order on the 30th is possible, but don't expect to be carrying a new BB10 device on the 30th.
    01-13-13 05:38 PM
    Its fair to say Canada and the UK early Feb availability! Get off your Arse US carriers!
    01-13-13 06:33 PM
    Why should the US carriers do that OR even get to have the phones at launch? The entire US is "I-want-to-have-sex-with-Apple" land....didn't you know? They're the best company EVER and they will NEVER be susceptible to the forces of the business cycle.
    The US has clearly shown disdain for RIM.....they constantly talk about RIM not being important in the US therefore it isn't important ANYWHERE....CNBC spent two-three years snickering and joking about everything RIM....and when Apple falters and is no longer the American "status-symbol," they, too, will be abandoned as every former iPhone owner will deny EVER using the product....it's just what we do in our shallow little plastic society....USA! USA!
    BB10FTW, magutwit, G-bone and 6 others like this.
    01-13-13 06:42 PM
    I heard that some stores will get their shipments Jan 31st. I wouldn't be surprised if it is available almost immediately. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it is not.
    Look for a surprise either way, or not.
    jakie55 and Jake Storm like this.
    01-13-13 06:48 PM
    For sure they are starting to supply the carriers but they had to have an agreement to when they can release the phones. They must have a contract in place with all the carriers for quantities supplied and for the carrier release date.
    01-13-13 06:48 PM
    Why should the US carriers do that OR even get to have the phones at launch? The entire US is "I-want-to-have-sex-with-Apple" land....didn't you know? They're the best company EVER and they will NEVER be susceptible to the forces of the business cycle.
    The US has clearly shown disdain for RIM.....they constantly talk about RIM not being important in the US therefore it isn't important ANYWHERE....CNBC spent two-three years snickering and joking about everything RIM....and when Apple falters and is no longer the American "status-symbol," they, too, will be abandoned as every former iPhone owner will deny EVER using the product....it's just what we do in our shallow little plastic society....USA! USA!
    Wow a little bit of jealousy showing.
    Barljo, schmeat and OMGitworks like this.
    01-13-13 06:52 PM
    Yes... RIM should keep the phones from Americans, and anyone else who doesn't cringe at the sight of the Stars n Stripes. That'll show 'em...
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-13-13 07:02 PM
    Since RIM wants to gain market share in the US, then it would make sense for them to have the US carriers on board when it launches. Not too long ago in the 1990's, Apple was in the same situation of being the media laughing stock, but they bounced back.

RIM with the BB10 has the potential to do the same. If they come out with a great product, excellent marketing and a solid distribution plan, people will buy it and the media will come on board.
    mnhockeycoach99 and D_shak like this.
    01-13-13 07:12 PM
    If they are shipping that's great news.
    Qmax likes this.
    01-13-13 10:24 PM
    RIM should have called it an unveiling. The word launch is causing a lot of confusion.

I will be putting on a fresh outfit an D&G cologne and going to yorkdale later this week. Will get chummy with the rogers girls then ask about the bb10 shipment.
    jakie55, robkd, JR A and 10 others like this.
    01-14-13 12:21 AM
    I will be putting on a fresh outfit an D&G cologne and going to yorkdale later this week. Will get chummy with the rogers girls then ask about the bb10 shipment.
    lol
    01-14-13 12:46 AM
    LOL....and lo and behold, CNBC says today, "Teens report that Apple has lost it's 'cool' factor" See? No one actually LIKES the product....they just like it because they think they're SUPPOSED to like it, (as dictated to them by the magic TV box) AND because their friends like it......and now, let the abandonment begin.....son of a *****.....it's scary how well I know my fellow Americans....shallow, fat, and stupid
    01-14-13 09:44 AM
    No, it is too early for shipments, even for the 30th. I would expect if the release was on the 30th the shipments would arrive on the 24th-28th. These stores receive almost daily shipments and typically get new phones about 3 days before release. This is to prevent early sales, etc. So no way the main store has the phones. Marketing materials possibly, but they come at the same time as the phones normally.

(I know someone who works retail at a US cell phone store, so I have seen this pattern many times)
    convenor likes this.
    01-14-13 10:19 AM
    We will know soon if this is the case. Once stuff ships to stores, then pictures of the boxes start making their way onto the Internet!
    JR A and Monsterlad like this.
    01-14-13 10:22 AM
    LOL....and lo and behold, CNBC says today, "Teens report that Apple has lost it's 'cool' factor" See? No one actually LIKES the product....they just like it because they think they're SUPPOSED to like it, (as dictated to them by the magic TV box) AND because their friends like it......and now, let the abandonment begin.....son of a *****.....it's scary how well I know my fellow Americans....shallow, fat, and stupid
    Will you just move to Canada already?

We get it. Thank you.
    01-14-13 11:50 AM
    I became an American citizen *by choice* and while this country is not perfect, I have made myself a very nice life here due to the opportunities it offered me. Only place I would rather be is on a seaside cottage in Galway Bay. Until that happens, this is my home and your angry tirade is insulting.
    JR A, jonty12, kbz1960 and 6 others like this.
    01-14-13 11:58 AM
    Will you just move to Canada already?

We get it. Thank you.
    No. We don't want that kind of hostility up here either. We're a peaceful people didn't you know
    JR A, BB12MX, EsJayDee and 3 others like this.
    01-14-13 01:01 PM
    Its fair to say Canada and the UK early Feb availability! Get off your Arse US carriers!
    Add Spain.
    01-14-13 01:46 PM
    The entire US is "I-want-to-have-sex-with-Apple" land....didn't you know?
    Your avatar looks like dr House and you speak like dr House!
    01-14-13 02:02 PM
    No. We don't want that kind of hostility up here either. We're a peaceful people didn't you know
    LOL
    01-14-13 02:04 PM
84 123 ...