I'll definitely buy the right one with PKB no matter the specs. Do not really have a choice. Whatsapp is not going to support my passport in 2017...

Posted via CB10
    As a BB10 enthusiast I couldn't agree more, there no other option for us. I can imagine when we are accustomed to android OS it will be a refreshing experience of having official apps and not wrestling with work-around alternatives.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-10-16 03:16 AM
    Ugh.

Unless both devices are extremely competitive for the price point at which they are released, this is just a further waste in time, money and resources (and another spree of poor sales and negative PR waiting to happen).

Don't do it, Chen!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-10-16 04:07 AM
    Ugh.

Unless both devices are extremely competitive for the price point at which they are released, this is just a further waste in time, money and resources (and another spree of poor sales and negative PR waiting to happen).

Don't do it, Chen!
    I doubt you should worry too much.

I'll believe in these new phones when they hit the shops. Until then, it's just more cost-free Chen-speak intended to keep the current phones selling by hinting that BB hardware has a future with new phones in.
    Deckard79 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-10-16 04:54 AM
    I like the look of the PKB device. I think they should give it a Classic style toolbelt though and let the trackpad double as an Android 'home' key.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 03:53 PM
    A mid-range android device? So they're gonna downgrade the hardware even further. We'll end up with a 1 megapixel secondary camera, it will be like being back in 2004 lmao.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    yeah, mid-range blackberry devices tend to be specced lower than than the low-range

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 05:37 PM
    I like the look of the PKB device. I think they should give it a Classic style toolbelt though and let the trackpad double as an Android 'home' key.

Posted via CB10
    Nice thought, but bad idea. The trackpad is a selecting input device. Do you know how frustrating this would be? But the End key could work, just as it does on BB10. Back key is fine. And BB key could be the window manager.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 05:41 PM
    NICE! Any specs out of them or likely just rumours at this point

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-16 05:47 PM
    NICE! Any specs out of them or likely just rumours at this point

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Just rumors.
    04-10-16 09:27 PM
    Nice thought, but bad idea. The trackpad is a selecting input device. Do you know how frustrating this would be? But the End key could work, just as it does on BB10. Back key is fine. And BB key could be the window manager.

Posted via CB10
    That could work. I think there's something iconic about the BB toolbelt, and coupled with Android might be cool. They really need to push the s*#t out of it though.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 01:38 AM
    That could work. I think there's something iconic about the BB toolbelt, and coupled with Android might be cool. They really need to push the s*#t out of it though.

Posted via CB10
    The renders of the Vienna didn't show the toolbelt. Neither did those blurry images supposed of two new devices.

Not sure if it would be due to the UI not having a clue what to do with those buttons and the trackpad. Or because of the need to increase the screen to a more standard format. But I think the days of the tool belt are now over.
    04-11-16 03:23 PM
    The renders of the Vienna didn't show the toolbelt. Neither did those blurry images supposed of two new devices.

Not sure if it would be due to the UI not having a clue what to do with those buttons and the trackpad. Or because of the need to increase the screen to a more standard format. But I think the days of the tool belt are now over.
    Well the original Vienna did show 3 physical buttons for the Android keys, which on the Rome became the screen like on the Priv. Guess you can argue that's a "toolbelt" .
    04-12-16 06:43 AM
    Screen size would be the issue for app compatibility.

Posted via CB10
    This is not true for most apps that do not involve gaming.
    04-12-16 06:56 AM
    This is not true for most apps that do not involve gaming.
    Ebay works terrible on a square screen. But I do agree for most apps this isn't an issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 07:28 AM
    If anyone is crazier than BlackBerry, that'd be HTC.

HTC 10, $1000 CAD, for a phone that costs more than but no better than an S7. Exclusive to 1 carrier and unlocked.

Bell exclusively releasing the HTC 10 in Canada | MobileSyrup.com
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    04-12-16 09:24 AM

HTC 10, $1000 CAD, for a phone that costs more than but no better than an S7. Exclusive to 1 carrier and unlocked.

HTC's situation closely parallels BlackBerry's situation, so it doesn't surprise me.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 01:08 PM

The reviews I've seen on the HTC 10 have been pretty good.... lot of praise for the cameras, rear and front. Sound is really being praised. And it is the top of the line hardware (no silly excuses about not using the 810 because of issues - my Droid Turbo has the 810, doesn't get hot and battery life is great). It's suppose to be $699 US - isn't the Bell exclusive just a color?

But yeah, HTC is struggling.... I think Samsung is about the only Android OEM outside of China having any success. But that might be in other markets and price points, as I understand their flagships last year didn't do to well.
    04-12-16 01:25 PM
    HTC have puzzled me for a while - their launch events are absolutely shocking, at the last one the presenter started talking about how he would get fired if this phone was a bomb like the last one...
    04-12-16 01:40 PM
    HTC's situation closely parallels BlackBerry's situation, so it doesn't surprise me.

Posted via CB10
    ...except HTC doesn't really have a solid software business to fall back to should they quit hardware. I guess they do have HTC Vive.
    04-12-16 01:41 PM
    The reviews I've seen on the HTC 10 have been pretty good.... lot of praise for the cameras, rear and front. Sound is really being praised. And it is the top of the line hardware (no silly excuses about not using the 810 because of issues - my Droid Turbo has the 810, doesn't get hot and battery life is great). It's suppose to be $699 US - isn't the Bell exclusive just a color?

But yeah, HTC is struggling.... I think Samsung is about the only Android OEM outside of China having any success. But that might be in other markets and price points, as I understand their flagships last year didn't do to well.
    Priv got great reviews, so did the Passport...
    04-12-16 01:41 PM
    Priv got great reviews, so did the Passport...
    True....

And to be honest... I doubt the HTC 10 breaks any sales records. But then I doubt any Android Flagship does, as there are just too many of them coming to market these days.... and I think fewer people in the US are buying flagships. We are past the point where there is a big performance difference between a $400 Android phone and a $700 Android phone... maybe a few features are missing. But it's not like it was four or five years ago where the cheap phones could hardly even run Android, muchless apps.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-12-16 02:05 PM
    True....

And to be honest... I doubt the HTC 10 breaks any sales records. But then I doubt any Android Flagship does, as there are just too many of them coming to market these days.... and I think fewer people in the US are buying flagships. We are past the point where there is a big performance difference between a $400 Android phone and a $700 Android phone... maybe a few features are missing. But it's not like it was four or five years ago where the cheap phones could hardly even run Android, muchless apps.
    More like the silly spec race is coming to senses. Everyone was so excited with it then came the "flagship killers", but in reality how many people need the top CPU with a 2560x1440 screen on a phone? 1920x1080 works great already for occasional photo viewing and WhatsApp ?
    04-12-16 02:18 PM
    More like the silly spec race is coming to senses. Everyone was so excited with it then came the "flagship killers", but in reality how many people need the top CPU with a 2560x1440 screen on a phone? 1920x1080 works great already for occasional photo viewing and WhatsApp ?
    The only thing is.... if Windows can get enough 3rd party support. Having more PC like specs would be of benefit for them. Especially if their smartphone becomes the heart of a few peripherals at work or at home. I really enjoy my Windows Tablet, but over the last 18 months it seems they are losing support and not gaining it. Had high hopes that when PC users were added to the mix... that would help. But it hasn't so far. So bring on the octa core 3.5GHZ device....
    04-12-16 02:56 PM
    I certainly hope that the phones will come with mini-hdmi ports like they did with the z30. That is really useful and crucial.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 12:26 AM
    Rome new renders (pictures), courtesy of DHabkirk
    *RUMOUR* 2 new BB Android devices-1461690079699_196120.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:02 PM
    I certainly hope that the phones will come with mini-hdmi ports like they did with the z30. That is really useful and crucial.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but a USB 3.1 type-C port would be even better. Heck, an Android Passport with two C ports would be amazing.
    04-26-16 12:47 PM
133 ... 3456