Chen mentioned a mid-range devices in the Earnings Call.... and made it sound like that would be their focus. Enterprise type devices.

Afraid that based on the sales, BlackBerry is done in the consumer market.
    04-01-16 09:05 AM
    04-01-16 09:17 AM
    Who are you R.I.P....ing??
    04-01-16 02:17 PM
    I hope BlackBerry will be profitable again... I really love the PRIV
    04-01-16 02:44 PM
    Who are you R.I.P....ing??
    This thread?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    wilber1 and JeepBB like this.
    04-01-16 02:48 PM
    BlackBerry have run out of their inventory of Snapdragon S4 cpus, hence the lack of new device announcements.

StephanieMaks and JeepBB like this.
    04-01-16 02:59 PM
    Did Chen mention how many privs were sold in total since launch?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 04:17 PM
    Did Chen mention how many privs were sold in total since launch?

Posted via CB10
    H� never dus, unfortunately for us

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:49 AM
    What is a mid-range device anymore in a world with the OnePlus and the Asus ZenPhones. These were/are top-specced phones with a budget to mid-range price. How can BlackBerry compete? The Priv is still retailing for more than the Galaxy S7 (but it can be found for 40 dollars cheaper, unlocked).
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-02-16 10:24 AM
    I'm desperately waiting for a new QWERTY device I sold my passport to buy a PRIV, but then saw the Vienna leak. I've been on the fence ever since rocking a Q10 like it's still 2013.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, more keyboards. That's the solution to BlackBerry's predicament. Make more and more devices that appeal to only a fraction of market, and that hasn't helped them so far.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    04-02-16 11:32 AM
    What is a mid-range device anymore in a world with the OnePlus and the Asus ZenPhones. These were/are top-specced phones with a budget to mid-range price. How can BlackBerry compete? The Priv is still retailing for more than the Galaxy S7 (but it can be found for 40 dollars cheaper, unlocked).
    If it's specced like the Galaxy A9 (SD 652, 3 or 4GB memory, SD expansion) but smaller than the Priv and priced at 399 USD, I'll buy it. Fixed or slider PKB.

And on a side note... have you actually used those? Almost everyone I know who had a OnePlus and Zenfone had complaints about build quality.
    04-02-16 07:01 PM
    If it's specced like the Galaxy A9 (SD 652, 3 or 4GB memory, SD expansion) but smaller than the Priv and priced at 399 USD, I'll buy it. Fixed or slider PKB.

And on a side note... have you actually used those? Almost everyone I know who had a OnePlus and Zenfone had complaints about build quality.
    I know about half a dozen people who have the OnePlus Two and love it. Played around with the phone and it's a well put together device.
    The Zenfone I can't speak for.
    04-03-16 08:36 AM
    They better be built for the higher end market! That would mean a premium build quality, impeccable interior specs (better than samsung galaxy s7), great camera, Android OS, and blackberry apps (hub, *calculator, **blend, calendar, messaging, ***file manager, productivity tab)

Overall i think blackberry should integrate everything bb10 users love and incorporate them into an android based phone. I don't understand why they absolutely have to take away whats working for them and start fresh.

Im a big fan of the classic so i hope that if they ever release another phone, it would be based around the classic with the Android OS

04-03-16 05:23 PM
    Geez, I heard yesterday that BlackBerry laid off 90% of its HW employees and that they are getting out of HW altogether; ergo, NO new phones. Apparently, they decided they couldn't afford to keep spending 40% of their R&D budget on hardware, where they don't make money. No formal announcement yet. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Posted via CB10
    No man no...

04-03-16 08:40 PM

For the record, I've been using the OnePlus One with which I'm writing this message, for fifteen months. My wife had had hers for eighteen months. We've had no problems with build quality. At two years since release, these phones are still a good value.
    04-04-16 05:41 AM
    For the record, I've been using the OnePlus One with which I'm writing this message, for fifteen months. My wife had had hers for eighteen months. We've had no problems with build quality. At two years since release, these phones are still a good value.
    Read a OnePlus Three may be coming out soon. According to the article I read a new redesign is in the works. Check it out. I probably going to grab one or a OnePlus Two.
    04-04-16 06:32 AM
    Read a OnePlus Three may be coming out soon. According to the article I read a new redesign is in the works. Check it out. I probably going to grab one or a OnePlus Two.
    We'll see. I've had so few problems with the 1+1 that I've had little temptation to spring for another phone. For the $350 this thing cost me, I really can't complain at all. The only problems I've had are those that crop up in CM nightlies, and of course I'm well aware that using nightlies is an inherently risky thing--like installing OS leaks on BB10.

I think there were some build quality problems when the 1+1 was first released, but from what I can tell the phone has a lot of fans even now, two years later. Its development community remains very active. Probably its worst feature is the camera, and that's only average, not terrible.
    04-04-16 12:13 PM
    Hamburg (Left), Rome (Right)

Have renders and actual (non-finalized) specs for both of these bad boys.

Hamburg is due out first FYI, Rome brings two new hardware features that haven't been on a BlackBerry before...

From Dilan Habkirk BBM Channel
    *RUMOUR* 2 new BB Android devices-img_20160404_204832.png

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 01:50 PM

Hamburg is due out first FYI, Rome brings two new hardware features that haven't been on a BlackBerry before...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160404_204832.png 
Views:	3395 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	396199

Posted via CB10
    What is the reason for the big foot sighting style pics?

04-04-16 01:53 PM
    Just screenshots of BBM Channel. Sorry for disturbing lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 02:03 PM
    Just screenshots of BBM Channel. Sorry for disturbing lol.

Posted via CB10
    I don't mean you, I meant Habkirk's.

04-04-16 02:04 PM
    I don't mean you, I meant Habkirk's.

Photographer got up on wrong foot...? :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-04-16 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Rome looks good. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 05:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really hope these make it to market. If we don't see Priv sales pick up soon..

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-04-16 08:09 PM
    I have no idea why they are insisting on the curved edge... it really doesn't serve much purpose.
    04-04-16 09:10 PM
133 12345 ...