That's the problem with rumors, we read enough of them and we start to forget that they're just rumors, not fact. We've had so many specs, prices, dates, thrown around that come January 30th you're all going to be pissed off about something because it doesn't match the idea that's already in your head.

Be careful what you believe, because you're truly setting yourself up for disappointment. I know exactly what's going to transpire on this forum during the launch event, there's going to be complaints left and right. If you sit down and make a list of actual confirmed details about bb10, i mean confirmed from RIM, and only RIM, you won't have a whole lot.

That's all I have to say. I'm looking forward to January 30th so I can be fully informed about Blackberry10.
    01-11-13 09:55 PM
    Agreed, your 100% right, but its the eagerness in us that can't wait and rather the facts and knowledge now. And some of us will prolly get dissapointed
    01-11-13 10:00 PM
    Part of why I hate posting rumors.. some people take it all to heart, ignoring the warnings and then complain later. Just look at some of the blog comments.. plenty of examples there. No matter how many times you state the "warnings", a lot of folks just simply extract what they want to see/hear vs. what's really there.
    01-11-13 10:09 PM
    The problem with rumors, despite being what they are, is that they set us up for disappointment only if they turn out to be true. If the truth is more than the rumor, that is, "less damaging", then we're OK!
    magutwit likes this.
    01-11-13 10:36 PM
    Confirmed Features
    Predictive Keyboard with swipe up autocomplete
    The Hub
    Great HTML5 browser experience
    BBM with voice chat (already on current BBOS phones)
    Timeshift camera
    Blackberry World (Combines previous app world, video store and music store)

Confirmed Apps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...g-bb10-751324/

Physical Size of the phone has been pretty much confirmed. WIth all the leaks, we also know how it will look. (Of course this is not officially confirmed, but at this point, it's not going to change too much)

I can't really think of much that we are speculating on
    BBM Video
    Desktop BBM
    Netflix
    web99 and RocPlayr like this.
    01-11-13 10:59 PM
    This is a Rumors forum. It's a fun thing. Just go with the flow and a liberal pinch of salt.
    01-11-13 11:06 PM
    Confirmed Features
    Predictive Keyboard with swipe up autocomplete
    The Hub
    Great HTML5 browser experience
    BBM with voice chat (already on current BBOS phones)
    Timeshift camera
    Blackberry World (Combines previous app world, video store and music store)

Confirmed Apps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...g-bb10-751324/

Physical Size of the phone has been pretty much confirmed. WIth all the leaks, we also know how it will look. (Of course this is not officially confirmed, but at this point, it's not going to change too much)

I can't really think of much that we are speculating on
    BBM Video
    Desktop BBM
    Netflix
    Hardware specs, price, RELEASE DATE!!!
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-11-13 11:17 PM
    No matter what transpires at launch, the trolls and haters will be out in full force. From what I see it looks like a great device. Its Beautiful and the OS fly's. Everything else will be icing on the cake. Android trolls will speak about it not having 8 cores and Apple trolls will have plenty to say as well.

Let's all agree that competition is a good thing and therefore our choice devices will continue to get better because of it.

My choice device will be BlackBerry10...I don't have to wait until the 30th to know that.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 11:30 PM
    Everything RIM's confirmed (showed off) was enough to excite me! The rumors are the icing on the cake, as will be everything that we haven't seen that will be revealed on the 30th.
    01-11-13 11:33 PM
    I think its safe to say BBM video and sharing is all but confirmed.

01-11-13 11:34 PM
    Well, with what I HAVE seen from RIM (whether it be videos on their YouTube channel showing BB10 and how the UI looks, or the leaked pictures of the Z10), all I can say is that even if Instagram, Netflix and Skype are missing, the Z10 will STILL be my next phone (I have an iPod touch and a Mac Book Pro for all that). I am impressed with the screen size and resolution, the time shift camera, the predictive keyboard, and the look of the phone. So any rumors of anything extra will just be the icing on the cake.
    01-11-13 11:55 PM
    it works both ways.

imagine the surprise if both skype and whatsapp are available natively.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    convenor likes this.
    01-12-13 12:00 AM
    Whatever. It's been over two freakin' years. If I were concerned about rumors, I would have dropped the 9810 and purchased a 9900. But, I'm still enjoying the 9810. If it turns out to be a dud- my problem and mine alone. If I like what I see, I'll get two.
    01-12-13 12:35 AM
    The only way I can see RIM screwing this up is with the actual launch dates.
    01-12-13 12:39 AM
    well after seeing photos of N series its definite the trackpad on the Bold keyboard is no more. Oh woe is me! Alack Alack Alack. Better grab a Bold 9900 before they're gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 12:44 AM
    OP has a point. We've had very few details confirmed. We've had some good educated guesses as to hardware, though:

-1.7GHz OMAP4 4470 dual-core (EMEA & SA), Snapdragon S2 (Canada & US)
    -2GB RAM

I'm almost more concerned about the 2GB RAM than anything else, myself.

My own bottom line: I've seen enough that I'm ready to pull the trigger...
    01-12-13 01:32 AM
    No matter what transpires at launch, the trolls and haters will be out in full force. From what I see it looks like a great device. Its Beautiful and the OS fly's. Everything else will be icing on the cake. Android trolls will speak about it not having 8 cores and Apple trolls will have plenty to say as well.

Let's all agree that competition is a good thing and therefore our choice devices will continue to get better because of it.

My choice device will be BlackBerry10...I don't have to wait until the 30th to know that.

I guess I am an android troll because I use to have a blackberry and switched and have had no intention of turning back. My opinion on the new phone is that it looks very nice ( minus the front plastic which I wish was a shiny metal ). Better looking than the Iphone, but not better looking then the S3. Still a great looking device. It kinda looks like every other android phone out there with some small differences, but whatever that doesn't matter. Only windows phones to me actually look somewhat different from the rest. I can tell the OS itself is going to be very nice. I use swiftkey keyboard which is perfect to me, so no improvements in a keyboard do anything for me.

If this phone is great, with no bad complaints after it comes out, with a great camera, etc etc, then I will deff check it out and see if I would want it.

The mega NO for me would be if there is not the same apps that apple and android have. If the app experience is the same way it use to be when I had a blackberry, with them having nothing good compared to the other 2, then no matter how great this phone is, I will never get it.

I wish Blackberry the best and I hope to fall in love with the phone.. only time will tell... In reality though, I am the core customer that RIM needs to survive. They have to attempt to get back everyone who left RIM for apple or android. Hope they succeed.

I have been keeping up with all the rumors and I think there is alot of people who think this phone will come out end of the month, or even Feb. I personally think March will be the release date. Usually I dont believe any rumors until really confirmed true, so I do not think I will be disappointed the end of this month.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-12-13 02:03 AM
    The mega NO for me would be if there is not the same apps that apple and android have. If the app experience is the same way it use to be when I had a blackberry, with them having nothing good compared to the other 2, then no matter how great this phone is, I will never get it.
    If I take that at face value, that says you would need every single app available in both catalogs. Now, we've heard the figure that 90% of the top 600 Android/Apple apps are going to be there. Granted, 60's a fair gap, but what I guess what I'm asking is: which apps are genuine deal-breakers for you?
    01-12-13 02:07 AM
    If I take that at face value, that says you would need every single app available in both catalogs. Now, we've heard the figure that 90% of the top 600 Android/Apple apps are going to be there. Granted, 60's a fair gap, but what I guess what I'm asking is: which apps are genuine deal-breakers for you?
    I guess the most popular ones on both OS. I don't really know what is confirmed or not confirmed with RIM to really comment on it. For me personally, I just believe the fact that Blackberry never really had the full touchscreen phone that was good, that I never really had a true app experience on it to begin with. I remember using peoples iphones/androids when I had my bold and the app experience was horrible on my bold. Of course with these new phones, it will be 100 times better. I would just have to check them out when they come. I have so many apps on my phone right now that I would not want to completely change my OS if it did not give me the same options as the other 2.. app wise

Not to mention, so many games and apps I use, you play against android and iphone users who are my friends. I would not want to use apps that are only on Blackberry, when a majority of people I know wont have it also. <--- This part makes the most sense and is logically important
    01-12-13 02:13 AM
    How about you list the apps you have now and we'll compare known apps or not?
    01-12-13 02:15 AM
    OP has a point. We've had very few details confirmed. We've had some good educated guesses as to hardware, though:

-1.7GHz OMAP4 4470 dual-core (EMEA & SA), Snapdragon S2 (Canada & US)
    -2GB RAM

I'm almost more concerned about the 2GB RAM than anything else, myself.

My own bottom line: I've seen enough that I'm ready to pull the trigger...
    Pretty sure they updated the simulator to 2GB RAM.
    01-12-13 02:17 AM
    How about you list the apps you have now and we'll compare known apps or not?
    100% agree he needs to do this. You can't say you are worried about that all of the apps won't be there, because you use the top ones on both OS's??? Its clear you are just arguing to argue.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-12-13 02:23 AM
    One edge that I wish we had was the front facing camera from the dev A.... Wish that was a rumour
    01-12-13 02:25 AM
    100% agree he needs to do this. You can't say you are worried about that all of the apps won't be there, because you use the top ones on both OS's??? Its clear you are just arguing to argue.
    Arguing? I posted an opinion on things. No argument was started
    01-12-13 02:28 AM
    Arguing? I posted an opinion on things. No argument was started
    "I guess the most popular ones on both OS"

It just sounds like you are fishing for people to believe you that popular apps aren't coming but won't vouch which? Idk
    01-12-13 02:33 AM
74 123