I'm surprised to see no discussion of this:
    Huawei Interested In Buying BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Chinese Publication

Probably the most hard to believe acquisition rumor yet, given Huawei's controversial connections to the Chinese government....
    04-02-15 01:14 PM
    They won't

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    04-02-15 01:24 PM
    I don't think people put much credence in that rumor due to the barriers involved, thus why its not a topic of discussion unlike the Samsung one.
    04-02-15 01:26 PM
    No government would like this, since Huawei is open to both sides.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/former-...0-of-telecoms/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-times-spiegel

Posted via CB10
    lift and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-02-15 01:28 PM
    I don't see why Blackberry cannot be sold to a Chinese company.

Unless the Canadian govt + the US govt are willing to pay billions to keep Blackberry afloat, then let it be sold and start using iOS / Android... they already do at some levels.

You can't (even though *they* do), prevent the sale of a company just because 5 or 6 heads of state (plus their minions) use a Blackberry, if that's the case, give Obama & co a OS7 device, allow BB10 to grow with Lenova or whoever else wants a shot.

I know it's not as simple as the above but, its seriously becoming a joke.
    gravymonster likes this.
    04-02-15 01:36 PM
    I don't see why Blackberry cannot be sold to a Chinese company.

Unless the Canadian govt + the US govt are willing to pay billions to keep Blackberry afloat, then let it be sold and start using iOS / Android... they already do at some levels.

You can't (even though *they* do), prevent the sale of a company just because 5 or 6 heads of state (plus their minions) use a Blackberry, if that's the case, give Obama & co a OS7 device, allow BB10 to grow with Lenova or whoever else wants a shot.

I know it's not as simple as the above but, its seriously becoming a joke.
    This is exactly the problem, both governments are strongly opposed to BBRY being foreign owned, and Canadian gov't will block it; but at the same time they are phasing out its use except at the highest levels of confidentiality.

Harper should be insisting that all gov't agencies use BlackBerry phones if he wants to maintain BlackBerry as a Canadian company, because currently the Canadian gov't at all levels is contributing to the problem.

BB for Life
    sk8er_tor, potatoguy and Boight like this.
    04-02-15 02:00 PM
    This is exactly the problem, both governments are strongly opposed to BBRY being foreign owned, and Canadian gov't will block it; but at the same time they are phasing out its use except at the highest levels of confidentiality.
    I don't know that they're opposed to it being foreign owned per se. However the a company that is under a government who's openly practiced cyber warfare against half the world is a whole different story.

Via Tapatalk
    ArcPlug, JeepBB and FF22 like this.
    04-02-15 02:24 PM
    I don't know that they're opposed to it being foreign owned per se. However the a company that is under a government who's openly practiced cyber warfare against half the world is a whole different story.

Via Tapatalk
    Which country is that because most governments are into cyber warfare.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 02:51 PM
    Which country is that because most governments are into cyber warfare.
    Most governments practice cyber security, not so much warfare. But that's neither here nor there. The point is, the viewpoint is based upon who's an ally and who's practicing being the aggressor. Even if every government were equal in the practice, the last thing you do is hand cryptography to a country that is openly hostile to you and your allies' security measures.

Via Tapatalk
    04-02-15 02:54 PM
    I had no idea BlackBerry was interested in buying a cheap Chinese hardware maker.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-02-15 09:18 PM
    I'm surprised to see no discussion of this
    JuJiaoBa.com. That's why.

This item doesn't even show in any Google search results. Lol
    04-02-15 09:56 PM
    If the Canadian government wouldn't let BlackBerry sell to Lenovo due to the Chinese issue, why would they let the Huewei deal go through? The US government told Sprint to remove all Huewei stuff from their network or lose government contracts.

That said BlackBerry should threaten it and send a letter to all share holders telling them they can't sell due to National security and they should demand that their representatives in both Canada and US government that if you don't want us to sell then make us the exclusive smartphone device and MDM solution in all your government agencies.

Posted via CB10
    ArcPlug likes this.
    04-03-15 10:13 AM
    No chance of this happening due to the number of Western governments that look at Huawei with a good deal of skepticism because of their ties to the Chinese government.

The US government won't even allow Huawei hardware on their networks, and for a company that prides itself on security to sell to a company that highly secure organisations WON'T deal with? It's hot air by some rumour monger throwing out names at a dartboard.
    04-03-15 10:27 AM
    There is no source for this.

I frequent Chinese websites and haven't seen this anywhere or on searches.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    04-03-15 10:41 AM
    There is no source for this.

I frequent Chinese websites and haven't seen this anywhere or on searches.
    Late April Fool's Day joke maybe?
    lift and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-03-15 11:08 AM
    Interesting but I hope it's not gonna happen, I think BlackBerry should be always owned by Canadian government

Posted by my awesome Lumia 530
    04-03-15 11:46 AM
    Interesting but I hope it's not gonna happen, I think BlackBerry should be always owned by Canadian government
    Make BlackBerry a crown corporation? Interesting.
    04-03-15 12:02 PM
    Make BlackBerry a crown corporation? Interesting.
    Whaddya mean with crown corporation?

04-03-15 12:10 PM
    Whaddya mean with crown corporation?

Corporation owned by the Canadian government. Like Canada Post, and formerly Petro Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:10 PM

Via Tapatalk
    For the US (and many other US allies), BlackBerry is already foreign owned, eg Canada.

There is already a cyber-security-alliance between US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand.

So which of those five countries has an existing company that would want to purchase BlackBerry?
    04-03-15 01:07 PM
    There is already a cyber-security-alliance between US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand.

So which of those five countries has an existing company that would want to purchase BlackBerry?
    The United States...in Apple. That would rattle Samsung's chains
    04-03-15 01:11 PM
    The United States...in Apple. That would rattle Samsung's chains
    I'd like to see Jony Ive meeting the BlackBerry design team...
    AnimalPak200 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-03-15 01:12 PM
    As an investor, I've been consistent in not supporting any purchase when Blackberry is at the it's lowest ebb. Unfortunately, this distressed state attracts bottom feeders and normally uninterested parties, even if its only for the free publicity. Typically this at the expense of Blackberry's already impaired market perception. Given that Blackberry has completed it's product set revamp, much of the expense for this activity is now sunk, making Blackberry an even more lucrative proposition.

I suspect we'll see more M&A interest in Blackberry from windfall seeking red-meat capitalists.
    04-03-15 01:12 PM
    At that point, it ceases to be a Blackberry, and there would be no reason for anyone to buy one. I like the fact that I have a BlackBerry; it is not an iPhone, or an Android. If BlackBerry becomes a "non-BlackBerry", then I shall just seek out the best Android, to fit my needs. I have a (probably psychopathic) aversion to iPhone.
    ArcPlug likes this.
    04-03-15 06:52 PM
    Hey its bad enough that Tim Hortons is foreign owned now! Some things are sacred and should stay Canadian!!! Lol

Loving my Passport!
    potatoguy likes this.
    04-03-15 09:17 PM
44 12