06-29-11 07:48 AM
34 12
tools
    Will the Monaco be called storm? It seem like storm has a bad reputation.
    06-28-11 06:14 AM
    i cant believe this thread has gotten this far along?

this is completely false. Yes, the Monaco exists (BlackBerry monaco/monza - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com)
    but does not look at all like the S2...and does NOT have sure press...and is NOT a refresh.

Specs:
    •1.2GHz processor
    •3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display
    •Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    •Tri-band UMTS/HSPA
    •5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording
    •8GB eMMC (storage for apps and data), 512MB of RAM
    •microSD slot
    •Magnetometer
    •Proximity sensor
    •Accelerometer
    •Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    •2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
    •3G Mobile hotspot
    •Optical trackpad
    •1230 mAh battery
    BlackBerry OS 6.1 (now known as OS7)
    •OpenGL ES 2.0

and this is what it looks like

If you go back and read the original post, you will see that the person is saying "IN ADDITION TO" the Monaco, that they are received word of a "rumor" that there will be another Storm. They were not saying that what you posted is going to be a Storm Series with Surepress.
    06-28-11 07:12 AM
    the Monaco info leaked so long ago.... that by now, if there is no real evidence of a new storm.. there wont be one for another year. The storm series did poorly overall, the surepress system, while cool, had many issues. Storm is dead. Surepress is dead.
    show me one mention of surepress this year?
    06-28-11 08:14 AM
    the Monaco info leaked so long ago.... that by now, if there is no real evidence of a new storm.. there wont be one for another year. The storm series did poorly overall, the surepress system, while cool, had many issues. Storm is dead. Surepress is dead.

They have done a good job keeping things under wraps this year in terms of produce releases, a SurePress device very much could be tabled till QNX, (IMO SurePress was a good idea, but with a lack of touch sensors, it was destine to cause problems, with the much improved hardware capabilities today, than in 2009, I suspect RIM would put out a Strom 2 shell with some pretty amazing specs, and SurePress, if they can incorporate gestures into a SurePress device from bezel to Bezel like the Playbook they would surely have something unique for the market place. it could be launched as a Niche device, proof of concept, and hope to salvage the Storm brand in 2012,

I have NOT been able to find the Article for some time that talked about the company that developed SurePress with RIM, and the advancements they have made, it has been over a year, but they had 3.6" screens with 10 sensors under them and far better pressure sensitivity, I am kicking myself over and over for A: Not bookmarking the page, and B: Not recording the company name for future google searches
    06-28-11 08:23 AM
    The Storm series needs to just DIE. Also, I don't believe the OP's contention that RIM will make a successor to the Storm2, but try to fake everyone out by naming it differently. that's ludicrous. Storm/Storm2 was a failed experiment. Get over it, people.
    06-28-11 02:17 PM
    I count 1...2...and 3. Three times this year and that was just by you. =)
    06-29-11 05:06 AM
    nah ive mentioned it innumerable times. You can google it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 06:29 AM
    The Storm is dead. The Monaco is a all new model that they are NOT going to call it the Storm 3.

I have held and use a Monaco and it is VERY real. Amazing what a faster CPU does for a Blackberry. Maps on the device panned smoother than my iPhone 4, a lot smoother.

The Monaco is worth waiting for. Sept or Oct
    06-29-11 07:01 AM
    Call it the Thunderstorm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 07:48 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD