SanDisk is rumored to have a 32 Gig memory card in the works that could ship June 2009. This is huge! I can totally ditch my iPod with this size card.

I can't post the link yet (too new on this board) but google: SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Cards Expected Soon on CIO.com

I'm skipping the 16 G card and waiting.
    03-09-09 11:17 AM
    SanDisk is rumored to have a 32 Gig memory card in the works that could ship June 2009. This is huge! I can totally ditch my iPod with this size card.

I can't post the link yet (too new on this board) but google: SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Cards Expected Soon on CIO.com

I'm skipping the 16 G card and waiting.
    So this will be great! I've got my 8gb and love it. So what SBTH do you use with your BB?
    03-09-09 06:00 PM
    rmb this is SDHC meaning your BB must be microsdhc compatible for it to work
    03-09-09 08:27 PM
    dagg it sounds like it can hold my whole life ...
    that would be awesome
    03-09-09 09:31 PM
    I imagine all the iPhone users who can't upgrade their memory cards will eventually feel left behind a bit by apple when their friends have more storage memory on their non-apple phones. Even if Apple puts out a larger capacity phone, it will require a new purchase. Ouch!
    03-09-09 09:48 PM
    I imagine all the iPhone users who can't upgrade their memory cards will eventually feel left behind a bit by apple when their friends have more storage memory on their non-apple phones. Even if Apple puts out a larger capacity phone, it will require a new purchase. Ouch!
    come on thats the way they make their money ....
    03-09-09 09:53 PM
    Oh god I hate this ******* forum. I can't even edit my posts from my phone.

What I wanted to say is that 32gb and over is technically SDXC, so that won't work in our phones. However, if they don;t adhere to the rules, hey can release a 32gb sdhc card witht he right cluster size and it should work...
    Last edited by dave_sz; 03-09-09 at 10:06 PM.
    03-09-09 09:59 PM
    The 32 gb will work in some blackberries depending on what device software is on them. Here is a link that can shed some light on this subject.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...+microsd+cards
    03-09-09 10:17 PM
    NAH, Apple will just scam then into upgrading to a new handset just like last year.
    03-09-09 10:39 PM
    03-09-09 10:43 PM
    NAH, Apple will just scam then into upgrading to a new handset just like last year.
    Suckers!

Love my BB!
    03-09-09 10:50 PM
    What would the speed be like though? I was under the impression that 16gb are only class 2..
    03-09-09 11:19 PM
    What would the speed be like though? I was under the impression that 16gb are only class 2..
    That's a really good question. In general (might not apply here) the larger capacity something is in a smaller package the faster it seems to get.

Even if it's slower I'll still get it. So long as I don't run apps off of the card it won't be a big issue for me. I'm sure some people will perceive a 1/2 a second slow down when taking a picture and complaining about it.
    03-09-09 11:42 PM
    lmao. This thread is talking about storage capacity, not like RAM speed for computers.
    03-09-09 11:43 PM
    It doesn't have to be fast, I'd use it for music and pics anyway. I don't really do video much. Besides, I can always swap the 8GB card back.
    03-10-09 01:02 AM
    lmao. This thread is talking about storage capacity, not like RAM speed for computers.
    This does mean something. IIRC, the higher the class of SDHC, the faster the transfer rate. IE Class 2= 2mb/sec transfer. So there is a pertinent application for his question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 01:25 PM
    DDR / DDR2 / DDR3, that's Ram, wherever you originated your thought about computers, I am unaware.

You see, I was asking a legitimate question. Sd cards have different speeds (similar to how computer ram has different speeds (to satisfy mr. fabuloso)), so for example; if I'm intending to shuffle my entire music library (let's say it's 80gb) onto the 32gb (completely erasing all the songs), then HOW LONG will that take.

On class 2 you would be talking ~4.5 hrs best case scenario (I typically find that class 2 don't do a true 2mb/s), whereas on class 6 you would be talking ~ 1.5 hrs.

Also if you're a big picture person then 1-2 gb of pictures would probably take hours to scroll throw on a class 2.

See my question now Mr. Fabuloso?
    Last edited by Speedv1; 03-10-09 at 03:58 PM.
    03-10-09 03:54 PM
    scam? okay. people chose to get new no one scammed them into anything. Please quit your elitist bs...
    03-11-09 09:35 AM
    scam? okay. people chose to get new no one scammed them into anything. Please quit your elitist bs...
    Correct Dave. They really do need to take down the koolaid stands outside the apple stores. Its creating a whole new level of maniacal fanboys.
    Ooops I sure hope nobody browsing this site from their iPhone cuts/pastes this into their personal IheartJobs blog...... Oh wait.... Can't......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 09:42 AM
    My whole point is not to bash Apple too hard (I use a macbook pro) but rather to point out that closing the design of the phone for batteries and flash memory is going to make them fall behind compared to other phones.

The Storm IMO is better for business the the iPhone. If I wanted a phone for fun and could get over using AT&T (never happen!) I would choose the iPhone today. But the phone for business use is way more important to me and I get a lot of non-business use out of my Storm that I never thought possible.

I haven't opened iTunes since I got the Storm. That's priceless! I use PodTrapper for OTA podcast delivery, Slacker, Flycast and Rhapsody. Now I just have to get my non-DRM music out of iTunes and a bigger Flash card and iTunes will be gone for good.

Soon, other handsets will be competitive in the fun market and iPhone will need to adapt to stay on top.
    03-11-09 10:08 AM
    SanDisk has a listing for a 32nm process to get 32GB of space onto something the size of a fingernail (i.e. microSDHC) Here is the whole press release. I guess this isn't a rumor anymore. I wonder how long it take someone to load XP with apps and run it off a microSDHC?

SanDisk | Corporate | Press Room | Press Releases
    03-12-09 10:21 AM
    yesss ounds great !
    i got 8gb, and the first times i used i was amazingly slow ! now cool !
    so 32gb !!! You'll wait ages to get acces to your SD.
    03-12-09 01:27 PM
    Leaving core features out of a device forcing people who want those features to upgrade their hardware every year to get those features is a scam. I'm not elitist, I'm just telling it like it is.
    03-15-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD