Just announced on BGR, PB to announced on april 10th
    The_Engine likes this.
    03-02-11 07:53 AM
    so the firmware version goes gold on March 31. i guess it technically beats their before Q1 promise lol.
    03-02-11 07:55 AM
    Cool stuff. Can't wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 07:55 AM
    If firmware goes gold on 31st, then is BG right in saying that we will get an update straight out of the box ?
    03-02-11 07:58 AM
    If firmware goes gold on 31st, then is BG right in saying that we will get an update straight out of the box ?
    Makes sense. They've probably got thousands already manufactured and just need the latest firmware.
    03-02-11 08:01 AM
    03-02-11 08:09 AM
    so the firmware version goes gold on March 31. i guess it technically beats their before Q1 promise lol.
    Come on now that's a severe, if not impossible stretch of what was originally stated by RIM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    03-02-11 08:20 AM
    all we really need to know is the pricing structure !!!
    03-02-11 08:39 AM
    Just wondering anyone have a reason for a Sunday launch? I'm sure RIM has their reason but there's a reason but I was just wondering. Do they always launch devices on a Sunday? I don't think it's a big deal I just thought they would have done a day during the week closer to the weekend.
    03-02-11 08:57 AM
    It was the retail launch, so I guess it will be in the shops ready for Monday trading.
    03-02-11 09:08 AM
    Just announced on BGR, PB to announced on april 10th
    You beat me to it! Someone close my Thread.
    03-02-11 09:10 AM
    For those on Mobile, here is the Article from BGR:

We have been told by multiple sources that RIM’s very first tablet will be launching on April 10th in retail locations. Additionally, we’re told the OS goes GM (gold master) on March 31st and that when you boot up the device right out of the box, you’ll be prompted to upgrade to a newer version of the OS. We’ll have another hands-on coming up shortly but in the meantime, let us know if you plan to snag a PlayBook next month in the comments below, alright?
    03-02-11 09:11 AM
    all we really need to know is the pricing structure !!!
    RIM accounced their release date today. Hmm. Why? Could it be that they are stealing some of Apple's thunder by accounced the Playbook's release date on the very dayt that Apple are announcing the iPad 2? I think so.

Following my line of thought, it would seem likely that RIM will annouce Playbook prices somewhat AFTER Apple annouce theirs.

This is sensible tactics on RIM's part. They dont have a product either on the market or ready for release so they try to muddy the copetition's water by amking announcements such as these.

It's what I'd do.
    03-02-11 09:28 AM
    RIM accounced their release date today. Hmm. Why? Could it be that they are stealing some of Apple's thunder by accounced the Playbook's release date on the very dayt that Apple are announcing the iPad 2? I think so.
    They can attempt to steal thunder but it in no way changes the anticipation for the iPad 2. People will still be glued to the event to see what will happen. How many mainstream outlets (not BGR, engadget) have announced this? 0. It does nothing but make it look like a desperate attempt to say "we have an announcement too". Ummmm ok.
    03-02-11 09:32 AM
    you beat me to it! Someone close my thread.
    sorry bud,
    03-02-11 09:36 AM
    actually RIM hasnt said anything...its possible they leaked some info to BGR but that is assumed, nothing is known
    03-02-11 09:37 AM
    They can attempt to steal thunder but it in no way changes the anticipation for the iPad 2. People will still be glued to the event to see what will happen. How many mainstream outlets (not BGR, engadget) have announced this? 0. It does nothing but make it look like a desperate attempt to say "we have an announcement too". Ummmm ok.
    noone else has picked it up besides tech blogs because it's still a rumour at this point. It hasn't been announced by RIM yet.

EDIT: actually it looks like its starting to make the rounds:

Faster Forward - Report: RIM's PlayBook to launch April 10?
    a Washington Post blog.. not the front page headline but what ever.
    Last edited by barrist; 03-02-11 at 09:41 AM.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-02-11 09:38 AM
    Of course, Apple iSheep will be waiting with baited breath for this announcement. I am not at all concerned with them.

Sound marketing on RIM's part will today insure that iPad 2 discussions in staff meetings will now not be Apple exclusive.

This is in no way a desperate move from a corporate standpoint.
    03-02-11 09:50 AM
    i was hoping for march 31st release, but april 10th is bad either and on the PLUS side it gives me just a litte more time to save for the 32gb !!!! let the real count down begin !
    03-02-11 09:53 AM
    Of course, Apple iSheep will be waiting with baited breath for this announcement. I am not at all concerned with them.

Sound marketing on RIM's part will today insure that iPad 2 discussions in staff meetings will now not be Apple exclusive.

This is in no way a desperate move from a corporate standpoint.
    I agree! I do not care what Apple says today or what the iPad3 may have I want the Playbook period.
    03-02-11 09:55 AM
    However, if RIM knows that the iPad 2 will be disappointing like some media outlets are suggesting, then maybe RIM knows they actually will steal some of the thunder.
    03-02-11 10:46 AM
    they wont exactly steal thunder by announcing they are "late" with a product IMO, just saying
    03-02-11 10:50 AM
    From what is being reported it is the yet to be announced iPad 3 that will be the next best tablet.
    03-02-11 10:52 AM
    they wont exactly steal thunder by announcing they are "late" with a product IMO, just saying
    They will if they have the balls to undercut apples pricing
    03-02-11 11:06 AM
    I'd love to see the PB launch at $449, $549, and $649!
    03-02-11 02:26 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD