these tricks don't matter. the only thing that matters is performance. eventually we are going to find out what this product does. I don't think showing some tablet 7 months before it gets out the door is fooling anybody.
    It shows promise. It shows that RIM is trying, at the very least. I'd rather them show some signs of a rebirth, than to lie down and die.
    12-30-10 03:43 PM
    Android tablets will be second gen hardware all running first gen software. So it will be interesting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I would think Honeycomb 3.0 doesn't qualify as first generation software. QNX is.
    12-30-10 03:45 PM
    You are one always cheering the Galaxy tab, and it can't get 3 fill movies out of a battery, ( maybe if it gets heavy tweeking)

But watching movies streamed on a home network over wifi the galaxy tab got a little over 4h in battery life, or 2 full movies, and a quick email check,
    I do agree I'd like to see the Playbook get me 4 solid heavy use hours, or 6 movie watching hours, and 8 txt reading/writing hours, that would be my baseline for acceptable battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    right something along those lines would be what i am looking for. And i wouldnt be streaming the movies, they would be on media or the HD so 5-6 hours watching movies should work ok
    12-30-10 05:04 PM
    3.0 software is not 1st gen software. otoh, putting an OS that has basically been running car entertainment systems and never been on a mobile device, that's 1st gen if not beta.
    First gen Tablet, it was a smartphone software before

I agree Playbook is ALL first gen, just saying that there is just as much Risk in the Android camp as there is in the Blackberry Camp,
    12-30-10 06:55 PM
    First gen Tablet, it was a smartphone software before

I agree Playbook is ALL first gen, just saying that there is just as much Risk in the Android camp as there is in the Blackberry Camp,
    Eclair and Froyo and even older OS versions have been on tablets for the past year. So honeycomb is not 1st gen. It's just optimized for tablets. Sorta like iOS for iPad. Not exactly first Gen but very similar to iPhone OS but optimized for the iPad.
    K Bear likes this.
    12-31-10 08:43 AM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD