Please excuse my ignorance here but when do we think OS10 launches?
    04-16-12 08:06 AM
    Please excuse my ignorance here but when do we think OS10 launches?
    Best guesses: September, October, November or December. Some are seeking January 2013. But how am I supposed to know?

All we can do is be patient and wait for it's debut.
    04-16-12 08:15 AM
    My money is on November, after the developer conference in October.
    04-16-12 08:42 PM
    Rim has always been a minimalist company i dint see bow they plan on putting B1B on older devices, even os7 is outdated compared to a current droid or iphone. Just because you can fit it in there....woukd you, amd wiukd it be sble to run anything or would most spps be configured for lsrger screens as in the bb london
    04-16-12 09:46 PM
    If they added OS10 to existing devices they would have to code for existing devices and this would take resources and people away from new phones. The old phones are different hardware/software so this is not plug and play... Also, don't forget OS10 will likely include bezel gestures which phones like the 9850/60 can't do... In short-not gonna happen...
    04-16-12 09:59 PM
    wow seven pages on this... in not a huge cell phone techy. i know how to use a BB but not how it works fully so i cant really say that your lieing about this or telling the truth.

from a business standpoint and from RIM has done in the past i dont think this w9ill happen. RIM needs to pull it self out of this hole and a new OS on old devices are not going to do that. a bright new device will. IMO OS 7 i think is great its the devices that people have the issues with. also everytime they have launched a new OS it has been a new line of BBs to go with it, the reverse would be the same. new OS needs new device.
    04-16-12 10:40 PM
    I'm extremely pleased with OS7 to be honest, I even thought OS6 was a nice build all around. I don't know if anyone has touched on the fact that OS10 will probably require a dual core processor, but I imagine it will. I don't know about everyone else but I'm happy with my 1.2 ghz and my os7
    shemaree09 likes this.
    04-16-12 11:56 PM
    it will and they have already said that the BB10 phones will have duel-core...there was an article online that a RIM exec outright said that they would...just looking for it so i can post the link as proof
    04-17-12 01:31 AM
    Why would RIM spend the time and energy and $$$ to make BB10 bckwards compatible when only a tiny fration of customers know what OS they have, an fraction of those care, and a fraction of those would actually upgrade?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-17-12 02:17 PM
    why is thread still alive?..

lol, I mean, what part of "BB10 will NOT run on existing devices" was that hard to understand?.. that came direct from RIM
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-17-12 02:44 PM
    Hardware won't support it.
    04-17-12 03:34 PM
    Agree with Emirozmen--from everythign I've read in the blogs, its different hardware not software.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-17-12 04:35 PM
    That would be a fairy tale come true for both legacy blackberry consumers and RIM. Unfortunately, even if you got it to work, which I wouldn't doubt could be done. The RAM of legacy devices would be a brick wall for QNX. What was the highest they got 768MB? My 9900 strugled on OS7, my 9700 wept with 256MB. Bold 9000 had 128MB I think. My Z10 has 2.0GB RAM which is very decent for ANY device (I mean, laptop, desktop, and especially for a phone or tablet)

Now, if RIM engineers found a way to use the RAM in the internal memory or sd card in a similar fashion that Lenovo's use Intel's turbo boost memory or M$ uses Readyboost technology, then I would see RIM making an effort to strip down QNX (QNX Lite if you will) to run on legacy devices - Fairy Tale come true? Any thoughts? Is there a way for BB7 and older devices to address 2.0GB+ RAM running off the SD card? Seems possible now, doesn't it? Well maybe just a tad.... (my 2 cents)
    02-08-13 12:22 PM
    It would be slow as ****, considering that would be virtual memory and it would depend on the read/write speed of the microSD controller and not the card.786MB RAM wouldn't be near enough for QNX to run comfortably without having to force close applications.
    That would be a fairy tale come true for both legacy blackberry consumers and RIM. Unfortunately, even if you got it to work, which I wouldn't doubt could be done. The RAM of legacy devices would be a brick wall for QNX. What was the highest they got 768MB? My 9900 strugled on OS7, my 9700 wept with 256MB. Bold 9000 had 128MB I think. My Z10 has 2.0GB RAM which is very decent for ANY device (I mean, laptop, desktop, and especially for a phone or tablet)Now, if RIM engineers found a way to use the RAM in the internal memory or sd card in a similar fashion that Lenovo's use Intel's turbo boost memory or M$ uses Readyboost technology, then I would see RIM making an effort to strip down QNX (QNX Lite if you will) to run on legacy devices - Fairy Tale come true? Any thoughts? Is there a way for BB7 and older devices to address 2.0GB+ RAM running off the SD card? Seems possible now, doesn't it? Well maybe just a tad.... (my 2 cents)
    02-08-13 12:35 PM
    not possible...
    02-08-13 01:05 PM
    The Zombie thread has risen from the grave and lives again!

P.S. The walking dead returns Feb 10th
    Rickroller and amjass12 like this.
    02-08-13 01:09 PM
    this thread will be hilarious when all of you are downloading OS 10 to your 9900's
    02-08-13 01:57 PM
    I really hope this is true. BB10 on torch!
    02-08-13 02:22 PM
    Not sure how this got bumped back up. But for those just reading it, this thread is quite old and BB10 will NOT be coming to older devices.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-08-13 02:25 PM
    Oh no hopefully people aren't confused. This was not a good thread to revive.
    02-08-13 02:32 PM
    I believe it !!

I just got my old analog TV to make coffee !! Works just fine !

lol ! (sorry couldn't stop myself)
    02-08-13 02:57 PM
    My friend is working in the development team at RIM, he says that they are trying to have all old Blackberry devices running with OS10, but some wont work because they have a weak hardware.

I think this is great news!
    your friend is wrong
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-13 03:41 PM
    please close
    02-08-13 04:16 PM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD