Exclusive BlackBerry 10 Prices, Release Dates and More | Land of Technology
    Ok dates, ok prices ... but ... holly sheep ... Playbook ???
    Please [salt, pepper,ketchup,tabasco, harissa, wasabi ... whatever you can pinch around], and go there to read.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-25-13 at 07:48 PM. Reason: one mistake a day is enough.
    01-25-13 07:30 PM
    I wouldn't say the PlayBook update coming so soon is out of the realm of possibility per se, but it is unlikely. Then again, RIM has said they've still got some surprises for us... maybe this is one of them?
    01-25-13 07:32 PM
    so much wrong in this its not even funny. its rubbish really
    01-25-13 07:44 PM
    Sounds good to me
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-25-13 07:47 PM
    So give us the real scoop if you know this is so wrong.
    01-25-13 07:58 PM

How so?
    01-25-13 07:59 PM
    Doubtful about all 4 carriers having the Z10 within even the first MONTH, much less both the Z10 and X10 in less than a week.
    01-25-13 08:04 PM
    The author contacted me and we discussed it. He was given his info from a good source he says so we will see. If would be huge if RIM had both the touchscreen and the keyboard device on sale within a week from the launch event I just dont see how its possible
    01-25-13 08:06 PM
    I'd say that given this is make or break for RIM they would have put some amount of work into making sure they get the device on all networks at the same time to ensure maximum sales coverage. Of course this is just my thoughts.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-25-13 08:06 PM
    As much as I've been doubting PlayBook getting BB10 so soon I have to say I have had a change of heart.

I had a very long chat with someone today via BBM and all I will say is BB10 for PlayBook is pretty much done.

There will be a dev beta but any app from appworld that uses cascades will not need any tweeking for PlayBook. The libraries will do the rendering.

This of course means all the Native apps are already ready for the PlayBook.

I was told there will be little to no change from the Z-10's software to the PlayBooks.

Feel free to flame and bash I'm just trying to spread some good news.

All these rumors about a BB10 summer launch for the PlayBook are not true. Its much much closer and far less a task than some people made it out to be.

This is all of course my opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-25-13 08:10 PM
    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-25-13 08:12 PM
    Thank you for sharing!
    01-25-13 08:13 PM
    RIM has been showing off the Playbook with the Z10. Doubt they would be showing it off with the current 2.1 OS.

BlackBerry 10 Sneak Peeks at the Inauguration Event in Washington, DC �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    01-25-13 08:18 PM
    Interesting. I remember this guy from writing as a reviewer and news writer on tracyandmatt.co.uk. He was pretty legit.
    01-25-13 08:23 PM
    So give us the real scoop if you know this is so wrong.
    Look at the info. It's all regurgitated nonsense. They didn't even know BB supports Android sideloading so they went ahead and updated the post stating it would. 98% of it is just common damn sense and the other is just force fed BS from around the internet. They pieced gathered a bunch of rumors, leaks, facts and wild guesses and stuck a "reliable source" tag on it, lol.
    01-25-13 08:30 PM
    80% of what's there is not "rubbish."

Some things are a wee bit off but not by much.

Geesh, be happy.
    01-25-13 08:33 PM
    80% of what's there is not "rubbish."

Some things are a wee bit off but not by much.

Geesh, be happy.
    You're right.. it's just common sense, most of it.
    01-25-13 08:36 PM
    Look at the info. It's all regurgitated nonsense. They didn't even know BB supports Android sideloading so they went ahead and updated the post stating it would. 98% of it is just common damn sense and the other is just force fed BS from around the internet. They pieced gathered a bunch of rumors, leaks, facts and wild guesses and stuck a "reliable source" tag on it, lol.
    So anything I would know from Best Buy management (but have not posted) is "rubbish" also?
    01-25-13 08:37 PM
    It's scary that the Forums Manager didn't actually read the update and decided to ramble whatever he felt was right. The update clearly says "All BlackBerry 10 handsets will support Android side loading". Tell me a single handset in the BlackBerry range right now that supports Android sideloading.
    01-25-13 08:39 PM
    It's scary that the Forums Manager didn't actually read the update and decided to ramble whatever he felt was right. The update clearly says "All BlackBerry 10 handsets will support Android side loading". Tell me a single handset in the BlackBerry range right now that supports Android sideloading.
    No sense getting in a flame war, be happy, Jan.30.2013 will soon be here.
    01-25-13 08:42 PM
    You're right Tom, sorry Bla1ze.

I don't mind people picking holes in the post, infact I encourage it I just don't like being made out to be a noob lol

On the plus side, I'm off to London on Wednesday and can't wait to get hands on with the devices.
    01-25-13 08:44 PM
    Let me see here.. BlackBerry PlayBook supports Android sideloading.. BlackBerry 10 is based off of the same OS. Plus, ALL of the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha's have support for Android sideloading.. it's pretty easy to put the pieces of the puzzle together but alas, I digress. Sorry, John.. we'll stop it here and end friendly.
    TomJasper, mikeo007 and Rello like this.
    01-25-13 08:46 PM
    Bla1ze, how many people have Dev Alpha's? How many of those people are every day users? How many of the every day users would be aware (if they never owned a PlayBook, which still isn't a handset) that BlackBerry could handle Android apps?

You have to keep in mind that not everyone know's what we know and that on posts meant for users who may never have used BlackBerry, the obvious to us needs to be pointed out.

I'm not knocking you, you obviously know your stuff or you wouldn't be the Forums Manager on a BlackBerry.

Edit: I really must read full posts before replying - sorry Bla1ze (again lol)
    01-25-13 08:51 PM
    Everybody is excited, anxious, curious etc been a long wait, in the end we all want the same, for. Jan.30.2013 to get here sooner.
    blkitr and MoolahMitch like this.
    01-25-13 08:54 PM
    PlayBook update so soon is highly unlikely, and would be a bad strategic move by RIM. RIM needs this launch to go perfectly. They can't afford any negative press or word of mouth out there killing the buzz about the new product. And even if the Z10 has no better hardware than the dev alpha, hardware-wise this is still a significant upgrade over the wifi PlayBooks - an additional 500 mhz on the CPU, and an additional gig of Ram.

Comparing my PlayBook to my dad's iPad4 over Christmas, complex apps are noticeably slower to load, and web browsing is significantly slower. If I were RIM, I would not let two-year old hardware run my new OS for at least the first month I have it out. I wouldn't take the risk of having some blogger update his PlayBook instead of buying a z10 and lead with the headline "still slower than the iPhone 5"... Or suffer something similar through the grapevine. (Personally, I'm still hoping for an A15 chip in the z10, based on the chip in the QNX Bentley at CES - that would make an even bigger disparity with the wifi playbooks.)

The only way I can see RIM releasing the Playbook OS update before march is if they have all new Tablet hardware to profile it. That would be great if it happened, but, since they'll need to sell it through retail outlets, I'm guessing we would have heard something about it by now...
    01-25-13 08:56 PM
112 123 ...