Check your calculator again......
    You're right. I'm used to seeing the fanboys count the leading zero as full percent, the numbers after the decimal as parts of a percentage. But even at 2 tenths of a percent, it's not huge.
    12-27-12 02:45 PM
    Please consider that the people running companies are not security experts. I wish they were. Consider, then, that those in charge are not always there because they are smart: see George Bush Jr and Yahoo's CEO.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    please consider that for most companies the level of security is out weighted by the functionalty provided by other platforms. never mind the fact that good it policies can make company issued Android and Apple products just as secure as any windows computer is.

BB Balance is a great feature on BB10 devices, and if give time you will see it help RIM gain back some business customers. but right now helping employees be more productive out weighes the need for that LEVEL of security.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-27-12 03:37 PM
    lol not everyone gets free phones at a company and they'll be back just lik ICE.Anyway RIM arleady got it BB10 tested in over 120 enterprises we wont miss you and again you will be back.

Im sure many will hop on Its probably why RIM have gotten so confident lately they probably got orders already with those 120 testing.RIM can get 1-5 mill in orders before even launch.Aint got nothing to worry about once security issue surface whoever made the call for no security will be sacked.Also they could be using Mobile fusion you never know.
    12-27-12 07:20 PM
    Folks,

Relax, this is just a guy posting what he heard, or was told. It is NOT fact. There are no leaked emails, and no blog, or article to back this up. Right now we just have someone's word. It may well be true, or he might be misinformed, or who knows. I would certainly not be alarmed at this point.
    Not Rumor. If you you read the post I recieved an email from my IT department at JCI. I considered cutting and pasting the whole email but wasnt sure if that would be a problem so the I sent the short version.
    They were specific about the phasing out process and what you could and could not purchase moving forward. They listed the 10 or 15 Android phones available as of Jan 3rd and touched briefly on the Windows 8 possibilty early 2013.
    Again only posted because it bummed me out and I thought that many phones going away was a big deal.
    12-27-12 08:00 PM
    It may not be an issue but I recieved an email that my company is phasing out Blackberry. We have been told not to purchase any Blackberrys moving forward and Blackberry 10 will NOT be supported. With 170,000 employees worldwide it seems like a big hit to me. They started supporting iPhones recently but up till then they were pretty exlusive to BB. They have also announced they will begin support for Android, and as good as that sounds to most I am pretty disapointed. I was really looking forward to BB10.
    It's very disappointing news if they are not going to be supporting blackberry 10. Hopefully with the release of the new platform there will be more companies coming on board.
    12-27-12 08:08 PM
    Sorry, but guy's got 11 posts and so in my view this "info" should be treated with some trepidation.

He may be completely legit but is seems fishy to me that they suddenly are offering to "buy" iPhones, 10 or 15 Android devices and even Windows 8 phones given that any IT manager would tell you that combination next to impossible to manage in a secure Corp environment. What's even more fishy is the total about-face from exclusively Blackberry to this "dogs breakfast" of platforms. And why post it here on a Blackberry fan site.....claiming to "only trying to helpful" ?

This is THE Blackberry fan site and we've all seen guerrilla marketers targeting this site on a regular basis. We have every right to question the validity of these and other wildly negative claims given this history. Even the ICE story was partially false, clearly ICE was all along going the test out BB10 but that small fact was conveniently overlooked by the media.

Sorry, but I will continue to question these claims until I see similar confirming content other sources.
    owadkelly and Bobcat665 like this.
    12-27-12 08:28 PM
    While disappointing news....Johnson Controls is in the auto parts manufacturing sector. I would imagine a huge part of their workforce would not be using company phones. The impact is far less than 170k being thrown around.
    12-27-12 08:29 PM
    While disappointing news....Johnson Controls is in the auto parts manufacturing sector. I would imagine a huge part of their workforce would not be using company phones. The impact is far less than 170k being thrown around.
    They also have a Building Automation/Facility Management division. I know some of their techs already use other devices..
    12-27-12 08:39 PM
    Sorry, but guy's got 11 posts and so in my view this "info" should be treated with some trepidation.

He may be completely legit but is seems fishy to me that they suddenly are offering to "buy" iPhones, 10 or 15 Android devices and even Windows 8 phones given that any IT manager would tell you that combination next to impossible to manage in a secure Corp environment. What's even more fishy is the total about-face from exclusively Blackberry to this "dogs breakfast" of platforms. And why post it here on a Blackberry fan site.....claiming to "only trying to helpful" ?

This is THE Blackberry fan site and we've all seen guerrilla marketers targeting this site on a regular basis. We have every right to question the validity of these and other wildly negative claims given this history. Even the ICE story was partially false, clearly ICE was all along going the test out BB10 but that small fact was conveniently overlooked by the media.

Sorry, but I will continue to question these claims until I see similar confirming content other sources.
    Find this "only trying to helpful" ? in my post please. Just a 9 yr BB user passing along information and his disapointment and hearing a lot of crying and cirticism for it.
    12-27-12 08:45 PM
    Actually, I'm not surprised by this news. How many companies out there are willing to spend more money on upgrading to BES10 and buying new BB10 devices for a platform that is perceived as dying out.
    12-27-12 09:24 PM
    You might be totally legit.....I'm only saying we hear this stuff all the time and a high percentage of it is either not true or at least significantly inaccurate.

Your story sounds odd partly because of the multiple platforms Johnson now wants to support and seems purchase for the employee. Companies usually offer multi-platform support so they can cannibalize the employees personal phones and reduce costs under a BYOD plan. I've not heard of a company giving an employee a fully funded 20+ device choice, it's just to complicated to support. It's also odd that in parallel they would take a "scorched earth" policy with RIM, a company they have relied on for so many years.

Sorry, It just doesn't add up.
    12-27-12 10:53 PM
    Not Rumor. If you you read the post I recieved an email from my IT department at JCI. I considered cutting and pasting the whole email but wasnt sure if that would be a problem so the I sent the short version.
    They were specific about the phasing out process and what you could and could not purchase moving forward. They listed the 10 or 15 Android phones available as of Jan 3rd and touched briefly on the Windows 8 possibilty early 2013.
    Again only posted because it bummed me out and I thought that many phones going away was a big deal.
    I'm confused then because I have a close friend that works for JCI as an engineer in the Seattle office and he has just received a new 9900 and was bragging about how he will be getting a BB10 before I do and he won't even be paying for it as it will be issued to him. What gives?
    spike12, Goint and TomJasper like this.
    12-27-12 10:57 PM
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report, ignore and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you
    lanemaster12 and rotorwrench like this.
    12-27-12 11:44 PM
    This is another example of Research In Motion's Business Account Managers not getting in front of their clients ahead of time to address the transition to BlackBerry 10. RIM should have stood-up a consulting division specifically to facilitate a smooth seamless transition to BlackBerry 10 and worked on-site with the client to implement the transition to ensure all their clients were running BlackBerry 10 on the server-side before the availability of any BlackBerry 10 smartphones. And the transition should have been unwritten by Research In Motion w.r.t. the server software and client access licensing.
    From one email to a complete failure... hmmm. Do you work in the media?
    12-28-12 12:56 AM
    170000/78000000?????
    Seriously?
    you guys think everyone that works there is given a phone? Maybe 10% of the people there do (and that is probably a stretch). Guys on the line don't.
    however, the exodus does suck.
    Will they regret it one day?
    bk1022 likes this.
    12-28-12 07:53 AM
    170000/78000000?????
    Seriously?
    you guys think everyone that works there is given a phone? Maybe 10% of the people there do (and that is probably a stretch). Guys on the line don't.
    I think you sum it up pretty well. Manufacturing jobs probably don't come with a corporate blackberry. But the general trend is not favorable for RIM: there really are not many stories of companies dumping iPhones for BBs. Google has also made it clear that they are setting their sites on Africa. The world isn't so big that RIM can keep on finding rocks to hide under.
    12-28-12 08:05 AM
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report, ignore and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you
    There are many trolls in Blackberry clothing . Some are ex-rim employees that have been here a long time on CB but now post nothing but negative comments. Anytime you see a negative comment search their posts and you will figure out whichs ones are bitter ex-employees and those who are just misguilded ifans/androlls
    rotorwrench and Waqiuddin like this.
    12-28-12 08:40 AM
    You both need a new calculator,lol. 170,000 number is way off. Every one of those 170,000 are NOT management that would be required to be hooked up with a phone of any kind,lol. ...... But hey 170,000 sure makes for a good read, eh. Geesh. I almost forgot to mention, there are 263 JCI plants around the world, which one are you employed at OP?
    Check your calculator again......
    Last edited by TomJasper; 12-28-12 at 02:09 PM.
    12-28-12 01:24 PM
    170000/78000000?????
    Seriously?
    Yes of course, only a small percentage will have been given a company issued phone. Ten percent is 17,000.

Just to put the number in perspective. One million subscribers lost in one quarter equates to a pace of 11,000 per day.
    12-28-12 02:07 PM
    You assume all 170k employees are provided with a company phone. Unless the company has been wasteful with corporate funds it is likely only a small proportion will be involved.

Branta you are correct, so many people and media jump on stories like this without understanding it. It reads much worse when you write 170,000 leaving BlackBerry when in actual fact it is a lot less maybe less than 50,000.

remember a lot of these movements away from BlackBerry have been in the planning for months if not years, entereprise cannot wait for RIM and BB10. However what I find interesting is when I read some companies are moving to iPhone and Android but won't consider BB10, that seems very short sided. Yahoo comes to mind.
    12-28-12 02:14 PM
    Lol, wanna play numbers games,ok. 17,000/263 plants and that's based on one management per ten employees(your number). This all with out any proof, only a post at CB.

As for the 1 mill subs, get real, with BB10 around the corner I would have expected more than one mill holding out/off for BB10
    Yes of course, only a small percentage will have been given a company issued phone. Ten percent is 17,000.

Just to put the number in perspective. One million subscribers lost in one quarter equates to a pace of 11,000 per day.
    12-28-12 02:18 PM
    please consider that for most companies the level of security is out weighted by the functionalty provided by other platforms. never mind the fact that good it policies can make company issued Android and Apple products just as secure as any windows computer is.

BB Balance is a great feature on BB10 devices, and if give time you will see it help RIM gain back some business customers. but right now helping employees be more productive out weighes the need for that LEVEL of security.
    BB Balance sounds like a godsend to Enterprise and security. Giving people the ability to have their cake and eat it too should be a good selling point to business. I find it hard imagining a device that won't let you use the capabilities it has. Definitely would sour folks on the concept.
    12-28-12 02:20 PM
    Branta you are correct, so many people and media jump on stories like this without understanding it. It reads much worse when you write 170,000 leaving BlackBerry when in actual fact it is a lot less maybe less than 50,000.
    50,000? Do you even have clue what JCI manufactures, the bulk off employees work on an assembly line,lol. They don't even all speak the same language because they are spread out at 263 different assembly lines (plants)around the world,lol. I can see it now, the IT dept sends out an email to Frank Joe Smoe putting a car seat together yet Yo****o Tosimo putting a car seat together has no clue what IT just said,even though both would NEVER get an email from IT because they are NOT in management, just like the bulk of JCI employees. Come on ppl(trolls?) think before you post nonsense.
    12-28-12 02:27 PM
    I work in the IT department for a large world wide distributor and we also got a memo that we will no longer support BB. That won't effect me, I'm still planning on getting a new BB when they are released. For us it was a decision based solely on the sales force (who don't know anything about anything) using iPhone and droids.
    12-28-12 02:49 PM
    Lol, wanna play numbers games,ok. 17,000/263 plants and that's based on one management per ten employees(your number). This all with out any proof, only a post at CB.

As for the 1 mill subs, get real, with BB10 around the corner I would have expected more than one mill holding out/off for BB10
    But the one million subs is real, im just quoting from the quarterly results. It is your number that's speculative. You're probably thinking that there's a huge pent up demand for new Blackberry devices and you're right. But if there were as you say one million people with blackberries waiting for January to upgrade, guess what, those people will not add to the subscriber count.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    12-28-12 03:06 PM
57 123