To be honest, the ATT sales person showed lack of profissionalism. How can he quote an unofissional source when representing oficially ATT? Basically, he is spreading a rumour...
    Is being a sales rep in a phone shop now a profession?

I don't understand why anyone expects anything but the worst service and any story to get a sale from poorly paid and poorly training individuals who might be gone to another jobs within months. If I was doing that job, I'd tell you anything I needed to in order to get a sale. That would be the only rational choice as an employee.
    01-24-13 11:32 AM
    I wouldn't belive a fucn thing from thoes idiots working in carrier stores half them don't know there *** from a hole in the ground , there just min wage slaves floging phones for carriers. Wait untill 30 th , then specutalte.
    ...And this is coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between "their" "they're" and "there".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-24-13 12:36 PM
    I would question the need to push out the BES10 update earlier than expected if the launch is delayed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-24-13 12:44 PM
    This cant be true because some BB10 developers have been given invite to developer appreciation events for the launch day on Jan 30th including me. So they cant delay it.
    01-24-13 12:46 PM
    Our ATT Account Rep has always been good in responding to inquiries, if not always "in the loop" as to the very latest info. When I've had indications of some thing, or some date, that wasn't then showing up officially within ATT, he would do a little homework and get back to me. I always understood he was under professional restraints as to what he could disclose to a customer and respect that. This was in stark contrast to some of the sales rep who worked in stores. And even there, you have to contrast between types of stores, as there are official ATT corporate stores and there are stores that operate under some looser terms with ATT. The corporate stores at least are generally conversant with what is going on. The "regular" ATT stores often seemed deliberately clueless, unfamiliar with the brands they purport to sell. The corporate stores wire back into the corporate accounts, and there is a sensible level of cooperation. The non-corporate ATT stores have an entirely different perspective (ethos?) and are simply trying to move whatever stock they have on hand. Not only will they be willfully ignorant about what is coming, they sometimes go so far as to hide models on hand, say if they are pushing some rival handset for economic reasons. You have to interrogate them to get them to confess that they do, in fact carry such and such a phone and have it in the back. They are trained not to acknowledge any pending launch or upgrade until it happens. Some sales reps really take this to heart and fabricate stories about delays, recalls, problems with software/manufacturing with products not even on the market yet, all designed to get you to buy the thing that's sitting in their stockroom. ATT is hardly the only carrier with these sorts of affiliates at it's fringes, and not the worst by a long shot.
    01-24-13 02:44 PM
    Is being a sales rep in a phone shop now a profession?

I don't understand why anyone expects anything but the worst service and any story to get a sale from poorly paid and poorly training individuals who might be gone to another jobs within months. If I was doing that job, I'd tell you anything I needed to in order to get a sale. That would be the only rational choice as an employee.
    I get paid more part time than I made at my previous fulltime office job. Also, I will not...WILL NOT... say anything to get a sale. I want my customer to leave happy with what best suits them, because no one wants to deal with the fallout of an unhappy, lied to customer. I treat all of my clients as I would want to be treated. It's a good thing I appear to have more respect for them than you do for sales reps.

I find your view of sales reps to be condescending, patronizing and offensive.
    01-24-13 02:48 PM
    I get paid more part time than I made at my previous fulltime office job. Also, I will not...WILL NOT... say anything to get a sale. I want my customer to leave happy with what best suits them, because no one wants to deal with the fallout of an unhappy, lied to customer. I treat all of my clients as I would want to be treated. It's a good thing I appear to have more respect for them than you do for sales reps.

I find your view of sales reps to be condescending, patronizing and offensive.
    Thats you , i used to work in retail and when a manufacture had promotion for the salesperson , he or she would push that product just to make a sale, i would never do that, like you said "because no one wants to deal with the fallout of an unhappy, lied to customer"
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-24-13 03:30 PM
    AT&T owned stores haven't heard anything yet.
    Salespeople are supposed to sell phones. Telling you to wait isn't the best approach to make a sale.
    They also said Surface tablet was great. Yet even with major advertising, more credible sources say it isn't selling well. And, it appears overpriced. I've already preordered BB10 accessories from Crackberry. I'm guessing that their presales will be Huge.
    01-24-13 05:15 PM
    AT&T owned stores haven't heard anything yet.
    Salespeople are supposed to sell phones. Telling you to wait isn't the best approach to make a sale.
    They also said Surface tablet was great. Yet even with major advertising, more credible sources say it isn't selling well. And, it appears overpriced. I've already preordered BB10 accessories from Crackberry. I'm guessing that their presales will be Huge.
    I have had a few people come in looking for a new BB or who wanted to move to something more modern than their old BB, I've told them openly that if it was me, I would wait for Bb10. For the most part they have said they will come see me after the 30th. I have 4-5 people I have to text when I know a hard date so they can come in. Did it mean I lost a sale a month ago? Probably. I'd rather they know all their options first, is all. If they see Zseries and still choose a Note 2, then so be it.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    jonno_atamaniuk and JAGWIRE like this.
    01-24-13 06:24 PM
    I'm sure that launching of BB10 will not be delayed... but the actual release of the product might be delayed in some part of the globe... it always does...
    01-24-13 10:09 PM
    I was just at my local franchised AT&T store getting a peek at, well, an Android phone I'm considering, and asked if they'd have the BB10 devices when they launched so I could get a peek at them too. The guy said that he'd heard a day or two ago that the launch was going to be pushed back. His source was "a friend who is crazy about Blackberries." I have not seen anything anywhere except full-steam-ahead promos from RIM so this guy can't be right... right? That would be a Very Bad Thing for RIM.
    He was just trying to get you to buy the android phone that you were looking at.
    01-25-13 07:55 AM
    He was just trying to get you to buy the android phone that you were looking at.
    In Canada we have a dealer that sell Ferarri's and Fiat 500.
    So you are saying , that if I was loking at Ferrari but wanted to buy a Fiat 500, the sales person would be pushing for the Ferrari even if i couldn't afford it?
    01-25-13 02:07 PM
    If the FIAT 500 and Ferrari were both the same price, sure.

An Android phone and a BB 10 will be comparably priced, after all.
    01-25-13 02:11 PM
    If the FIAT 500 and Ferrari were both the same price, sure.

An Android phone and a BB 10 will be comparably priced, after all.
    But you comparing Adroid (fiat500) and BB10 ( Ferrari) , good one.
    01-25-13 02:30 PM
    In Canada we have a dealer that sell Ferarri's and Fiat 500.
    So you are saying , that if I was loking at Ferrari but wanted to buy a Fiat 500, the sales person would be pushing for the Ferrari even if i couldn't afford it?
    Wrong.... sooooo very wrong to make a comparison like that. Anyone looking to make a purchase like that, knows what they want. And, when that kind of money is on the line, a wait of a few weeks is not of any consequence. There is no impulse buying in a market like that. In smartphones there is. Good grief man.....
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    01-25-13 02:33 PM
    Not to mention, comparing Android to a FIAT 500 is VERY unfair to FIAT.
    01-25-13 02:40 PM
    I was at my local (left out as to not get people in trouble) last night to get my preorder for my Z10 and I found out something very interesting. The computer said that the "Street Date" for the phone was Jan 31st!!!!!! I didn't believe the guy, as he already told me he was an avid Apple fan, so he showed me the screen and low and behold there it was. The report and I talked and we both fell that it is a place holder date for the sake of the computer but can you imagine if it wasn't!!!! TH did say big surprises and I couldn't think of any bigger then fooling us all and launching to carriers the day after.
    01-26-13 08:23 AM
    Not to mention, comparing Android to a FIAT 500 is VERY unfair to FIAT.
    Android is more like a Smart...... BB10 would be a Fiat 500 Abarth......

The sort of customer stores hate is the one that does their research and have a pretty good idea about what they want and are tough to dissuade from the item they want to buy. No amount of smooth talking, lies (especially if the makes the product or the manufacturer of said product look bad) and "deals" will get them to change their minds.

Who knows how many unscrupulous sales clerks have told customers looking at a BlackBerry product in the last few years that "RIM is bankrupt" and that "the phones will stop working soon" and that too gives a bad (and a false) impression on RIM and BlackBerry. Even if RIM were in bankruptcy, that doesn't mean that they were going out of business like it does in some countries.
    01-26-13 09:18 AM
68 123