I was just at my local franchised AT&T store getting a peek at, well, an Android phone I'm considering, and asked if they'd have the BB10 devices when they launched so I could get a peek at them too. The guy said that he'd heard a day or two ago that the launch was going to be pushed back. His source was "a friend who is crazy about Blackberries." I have not seen anything anywhere except full-steam-ahead promos from RIM so this guy can't be right... right? That would be a Very Bad Thing for RIM.
    01-23-13 10:56 AM
    Launch is January 30. If you are talking about phone release, at this point lets not forget Q1 2013 is still "on time" and not delayed. Anything you heard is speculation.
    01-23-13 10:57 AM
    I highly doubt that. Sales guy trying to get you to take the plunge by saying the new BB won't be out any time soon. Also, this here is Crackberry Nation.... you want super crazy about BlackBerry? You found us. With the thousands of members, I'm sure at least one would have been able to report a delay from a credible source.
    01-23-13 10:58 AM
    I do not believe it. I believe he needs to sell so... he will say what he needs to say to sell.
    01-23-13 11:00 AM
    Just by reading some of these forum members interaction with various AT&T reps @ the local level, I wouldn't put too much stock in much of what goes on in their stores regarding blackberry info....
    clareberry likes this.
    01-23-13 11:01 AM
    Launch is Jan 30.

After the 30th, it is dependent on carriers as to when devices are sold.

No dates=no delay.
    kbz1960, Gelzz, BBThemes and 1 others like this.
    01-23-13 11:06 AM
    I was just at my local franchised AT&T store getting a peek at, well, an Android phone I'm considering, and asked if they'd have the BB10 devices when they launched so I could get a peek at them too. The guy said that he'd heard a day or two ago that the launch was going to be pushed back. His source was "a friend who is crazy about Blackberries." I have not seen anything anywhere except full-steam-ahead promos from RIM so this guy can't be right... right? That would be a Very Bad Thing for RIM.
    we need a source who is not crazy, not crazy about anything, crazy is crazy, not a good enough source.........
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-23-13 11:11 AM
    we need a source who is not crazy, not crazy about anything, crazy is crazy, not a good enough source.........
    I wouldn't belive a fucn thing from thoes idiots working in carrier stores half them don't know there *** from a hole in the ground , there just min wage slaves floging phones for carriers. Wait untill 30 th , then specutalte.

Sorry for the rant , it just makes me sick I was at my phone store just a week ago and the ***** behind the count was with a customer who had a cuve and was given a credit to upgrade and he goes into his speal about god dam iphone , no mention what so ever about BB 10 I was so close to flipping out at this ****, I'm done lol
    fotyc, drum and kevinnugent like this.
    01-23-13 11:31 AM
    Yeah I figured there probably wasn't much there there but I knew this was the place to check.
    I suppose he could have been saying that AT&T's date for bringing BB10 out is going to be further out than anyone wants...
    01-23-13 12:11 PM
    if you know anything about retail, it's always... "sell what you got"
    ctuffy and BergerKing like this.
    01-23-13 12:19 PM
    if you know anything about retail, it's always... "sell what you got"
    Yep.... S.W.A.T.
    BergerKing and brmiller1976 like this.
    01-23-13 12:20 PM
    Geez, what is with the marked increase in FUD threads? Can't we just enjoy the launch ramp up?
    silversun10 and Jake Storm like this.
    01-23-13 12:53 PM
    I highly doubt that. Sales guy trying to get you to take the plunge by saying the new BB won't be out any time soon. Also, this here is Crackberry Nation.... you want super crazy about BlackBerry? You found us. With the thousands of members, I'm sure at least one would have been able to report a delay from a credible source.
    I totally agree with CJ on this one. IF was a delay - we here at CB NATION will be the first to know ASAP !
    01-23-13 01:20 PM
  14. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    People who work at these stores are the lowest level employee the organization has. I mean no disrespect for them, but they will have no insider information on such matters. If they say something like this just don't believe it. Furthermore, don't even ask them because they will not have a clue as to the real answer.
    svelt likes this.
    01-23-13 01:32 PM
    [SARCASM] The AT&T store rep told you that the phone that they won't have for at least a week has had it's availability pushed back when you are looking at another phone that they can sell you today? I'm shocked an sure they didn't have their bottom line in mind and lied at all about this. BB10 must be delayed because a store rep is an honest, reliable source for phone information![/SARCASM].
    01-23-13 02:14 PM
    In Canada, the phones are launching early February. When i pushed what it meant or would i have to wait until the end of February or march, he said no.. in canada they will be available shortly after the announcement. Not mid February or the end of February.

All carriers in Canada have plenty of stock to avoid shortages and they were suprised at the initial demand.

The Phones with be released AFTER they are released in canada... So that may men the week after or the month after.. Canada is being preferential treatment because RIm is Canadian and Canadian demand for blackberries is still high.

Thats right from the Western Rim Rep at the Rogers meeting i attended going over BES 10 and bb 10 dev alpha demo.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-23-13 03:05 PM

Why is this even allowed to be posted???? The BB10 launch will be as stated 1-30-13. What makes you think that a guy anyway will risk his job for you to get a peek at a phone???
    01-23-13 03:08 PM
    Spoke with an employee at one of the local Rogers stores here in Waterloo this week. Got some clarification on my reservation for the Z10. When I asked him about dates... he claimed their RIM rep recently told them they will have the phones within 5-6 days of the Jan.30th launch.

It's still all speculation and even he admitted that... but worth hearing nonetheless.
    01-23-13 03:14 PM
    Why is this even allowed to be posted???? The BB10 launch will be as stated 1-30-13. What makes you think that a guy anyway will risk his job for you to get a peek at a phone???
    You misread his statement.... "asked if they'd have the BB10 devices when they launched ".
    01-23-13 03:19 PM
    You misread his statement.... "asked if they'd have the BB10 devices when they launched ".
    if no one knows, how then does a Joe Schmoe know? At this point we're just a week away. I prefer a RIM answer than a youngster in a mobile store. Just saying ...
    01-23-13 03:27 PM
    5 to 10 days after the announcement in canada the device will ship / be available.

Right from the Rim Rep at the BB 10 intro at Rogers on monday.
    01-23-13 03:43 PM
    Dude. Read what was posted. "would the store have them at launch" was the question

I told the guy that I wasn't eligible for my upgrade yet, to try to deflect any hardsell approach - if I'm almost eligible I'm not going to be a fool and jump for a new phone. I was hoping that would keep the air clear a little.

Thanks to everyone who posted what they were told by others.
    clareberry likes this.
    01-23-13 03:46 PM
    A delay on the date that hasn't been announced yet? Sounds legit.
    01-23-13 03:57 PM
    To be honest, the ATT sales person showed lack of profissionalism. How can he quote an unofissional source when representing oficially ATT? Basically, he is spreading a rumour...
    01-23-13 04:32 PM
    5 to 10 days after the announcement in canada the device will ship / be available.

Right from the Rim Rep at the BB 10 intro at Rogers on monday.
    From what it seems... i think that Canada will have a avalanche of tourism in next weeks :-)
    01-23-13 04:35 PM
68 123