I have been thinking about BBM for iOS and Android only in a BES environment for a while. It's brilliant, think about it; corporate iPhone user comes home from work and can't stop talking about how good BBM is on his iPhone. His wife asks him why she doesn't see BBM in the iTunes store, and he says 'for regular users you need a Blackberry for BBM'. What's even better is that if she buys a Blackberry, she would not be able to BBM her husband's iPhone because his BES BBM would probably only work for BES contacts, he would have to complete the circle and buy a BlackBerry himself if he wanted to BBM his wife's personal BlackBerry and his work contacts. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. This only works if RIM makes BBM experience for corporate iphone and android users really really good.
    ^THIS. Killing move. Love the idea.
    01-18-13 01:39 PM
    They are now upgrading it to a buy and one of the positive points they note is that it will have 70,000 apps at launch. We happen to know it's more then that now. They seem to continually be about three weeks behind the crackberry sentiment curve.
    01-18-13 02:05 PM
    They are now upgrading it to a buy and one of the positive points they note is that it will have 70,000 apps at launch. We happen to know it's more then that now. They seem to continually be about three weeks behind the crackberry sentiment curve.
    That is the brilliance of Frank Boulbon (RIM Chief Marketing Officer), he is leaking what he needs to us, Crackberry fans, to get us really excited. To the mainstream media is sending a different message; he is preparing to "under promise and over deliver." Nice.
    01-18-13 02:27 PM
    oh just wait until q2-q3 of BES10....can we say blackberry balance for android and ios ala UDS??
    01-18-13 02:28 PM
    What is crazy to me is that this $19.50 price target is based on a 30% success chance for BB10. His Probablilty for success went from 20% to 30%. I believe that BB10 has a much higher chance for success which means that the stock will go above 20$. I will buy more shares today...
    Acumenight likes this.
    01-18-13 02:46 PM
    Just "equal" to iOS 6? Really?
    Baby steps coach, baby steps. He has to slowly ease out of thar rat hole he put himself in.
    01-18-13 03:06 PM
    Whilst I won't be buying a blackberry device at this time, I am absolutly thrilled with the current situation of the shares.

Currently sitting on a more then a �500 return+original investment, shares have gone up like mad.
    01-18-13 03:13 PM
    ^THIS. Killing move. Love the idea.
    i don't think this is a good idea at all, its not a matter of making sales at this point for RIM its about gettng the work done and BBM would be a great tool to deal with sales reps or any other company rep that may have BBM not just a BB device or their own BES.

RIM is about getting things done and many people feel their needs are dffferent and BB10 might not be the device for them, so they opt for an iPhone or Android, to single these BES users out will surely **** peopel off and also **** the companies off
    01-18-13 03:49 PM
    [QUOTE=neteng1000;7866241]Baby steps coach, baby steps. He has to slowly ease out of thar rat hole he put himself in.[/Q

Better than that, he's trying to ease himself out of the "Crow Line" that he and thousands of others are going to have to eat when BB-10 launches.

By the way, Peter, how DO you like your "Crow"??
    neteng1000 likes this.
    01-18-13 03:59 PM
    Feeling incredibly smug for buying in Sept at $6.21CAD...
    i brought a 100 at us$6.31 and feeling great way to go rimm please keep it up
    01-18-13 04:01 PM
    I have been thinking about BBM for iOS and Android only in a BES environment for a while. It's brilliant, think about it; corporate iPhone user comes home from work and can't stop talking about how good BBM is on his iPhone. His wife asks him why she doesn't see BBM in the iTunes store, and he says 'for regular users you need a Blackberry for BBM'. What's even better is that if she buys a Blackberry, she would not be able to BBM her husband's iPhone because his BES BBM would probably only work for BES contacts, he would have to complete the circle and buy a BlackBerry himself if he wanted to BBM his wife's personal BlackBerry and his work contacts. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. This only works if RIM makes BBM experience for corporate iphone and android users really really good.
    I said this many a time RIM are chess players.With this news either way they get into the corporate and business world by companys buying BB handsets for mobile solution.Or If the company has opted for BYOD RIM will still make cash as they will be the best security solution for mobile devices.One way or another RIM will be in corporate world making money of services Win=Win.

BBM on BES not sure about this one im 50-50 there's factors involved.In the end the user will just go home with their BYOD handset we want more BB handsets out there no? So I then think we are hitting them with a google service approach.In the long run of this chess play.I can see this BBM BES feature filter down to the BYOD consumers wanting BBM there wont be any arguments of paying as they know the quality and its a BES paid service originally.I think this BBM BES service will be a trial in itself for the crossplatform attack.RIM will wait to see demands for it via petitions,emails etc and if the BBM BES goes well the filter down to cross platform will work. I see this play as when Rim filtered down BBM to consumer level when it did that it became more than a corporate phone it became that phone with BBM free text.Looking at this info the play is about to be implemented again??

Rim have improved the company even more now by not just relying on phone sales but on services also services make google money so its serios stuff.Are RIM gonna turn into a carrier??isp?? a place that pushes out mobile updates?? Soem serious avenues Rim can go.

Im clueless how do I buy shares and get into it?? I should of been buying in november ffs someone pm info please.RIm are playing some serious moves out here especially on the long run.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-18-13 at 04:21 PM.
    01-18-13 04:09 PM
    Misek missed the entire area of electronic wallets using BES to facilitate secure money transfers...not a maybe, already confirmed, (in Canada anyway). I think this is the real value...or perhaps he's just waiting to upgrade further with that news?

Edit to add this: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...lution-762658/
    GTiLeo and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    01-18-13 04:10 PM
    So what is a good online one to buy thru, Scottrade etc?
    01-18-13 04:12 PM
    i don't think this is a good idea at all, its not a matter of making sales at this point for RIM its about gettng the work done and BBM would be a great tool to deal with sales reps or any other company rep that may have BBM not just a BB device or their own BES.

RIM is about getting things done and many people feel their needs are dffferent and BB10 might not be the device for them, so they opt for an iPhone or Android, to single these BES users out will surely **** peopel off and also **** the companies off
    Yes ... and no.
    RIM are positioning themselves as an "universal mobile devices" back-end provider (BES), where others have coined already with Androids'.
    Having a strong differentiator like an unified, device based, secure and instant messaging+voice+video system over IP (and/or cellular) would be a massive plus.
    Remember, while ASP (margin) will raise with BB10 devices, RIM have to maintain a decent revenue level which BES is undoubtedly the foundation.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-18-13 at 05:17 PM.
    01-18-13 04:27 PM
    If this rumor is true, then it is sheer brilliance. BES on android/iOS and the enablement of BBM. RIM is repositioning itself as the gold standard in the mobile environment. But it doesn't stop there folks. Think about the 4G playbook and other tablets that we laugh at for being too expensive. All of a sudden, it could be transformed into a secure cross platform communication platform. Next, apply it to those QNX enabled cars. Apple and Android have been caught completely flatfooted.
    01-18-13 05:15 PM
    T - 10 seconds
    Activate main engine hydrogen burnoff system
    T - 6 seconds - Main engine start
    T-0
    Solid rocket booster ignition and liftoff!
    Rockets have exploded on the launchpad. Caution is always prudent because over optimism has and will get people killed. And as you should recall, if you actually watched any spaceship launches, the first two minutes after lift-off are the most dangerous and most stressful for flight crew and mission control.
    01-18-13 05:22 PM
    Mixed feelings about this.

On a purely emotional level, it's gratifying (and faintly amusing) to see uber-skeptic Misek becoming a #bb10believer.

As an investor, though, I'm actually getting a little worried about volatility in advance of the launch, not to mention concerned that Misek's "conversion" may lead many to an unreasonable expectation. I'd way rather see a 15% jump post-launch on exceeded expectations (if that makes any sense at all).
    Its BIG news if true though. This effectively would guarantee RIM's future.
    01-18-13 05:25 PM
    RIMM was not immediately available to comment.
    I am not surprised RIMM was not available for comment. RIMM is the stock market ticker symbol for Research In Motion (RIM). These journalists are illiterate about the topics on which they write articles and/or present via other mediums.
    01-18-13 05:25 PM
    $120 per license but it goes down when you buy in bulk
    01-18-13 05:29 PM
    That is the brilliance of Frank Boulbon (RIM Chief Marketing Officer), he is leaking what he needs to us, Crackberry fans, to get us really excited. To the mainstream media is sending a different message; he is preparing to "under promise and over deliver." Nice.
    I am still taking a wait-and-see stance on BlackBerry 10 with the hope that my pre-ordered BlackBerry Z10 blows me away. Until then all the talking heads including Boulbon are mere distractions.
    01-18-13 05:32 PM
    I[...] including Boulbon are mere distractions.
    FTR: it's Boulben; Frank Boulben
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-18-13 05:36 PM
    Wish I could find a link for Misek’s interview on BNN here in Canada today…in short (punny eh) he stated Samsung will try and licence BB10 because Android is a dead platform for them due to cheap China knockoff’s coming out. Misek stated they cannot innovate enough or compete with these units…
    01-18-13 05:40 PM
    Wish I could find a link for Misek’s interview on BNN here in Canada today…in short (punny eh) he stated Samsung will try and licence BB10 because Android is a dead platform for them due to cheap China knockoff’s coming out. Misek stated they cannot innovate enough or compete with these units…
    Found it here..

Business Day PM : January 18, 2013
    01-18-13 05:45 PM
    Wish I could find a link for Misek�s interview on BNN here in Canada today
    Key analyst upgrades RIM to buy, hikes target - BNN News

Research in Motion's (RIM-T 15.71 1.03 7.02%) shares are rising after Jefferies & Co. analyst Peter Misek upgraded the company to "buy" from "hold" and hiked its price target ahead of the much anticipated BlackBerry 10 launch on January 30.

Misek raised RIM's price target by more than $6 to $19.50.

He says the upgrade reflects expectations RIM will enable BlackBerry's corporate email on iPhones and Android devices, which currently dominate the smartphone market.

RIM could "create a successful software business on top of Android/iOS," Misek writes in a research note.

The analyst also notes RIM could see strong earnings in May and August due to the BB10's $600-price tag and volume commitments from mobile phone carriers for the first two quarters after the launch.

Misek says RIM could have a strong uptake of the new device in developing markets where he estimates 20 to 30 million of its existing user base can afford the BB10.

And he says although the company has lost momentum and market share in other markets, "the core installed base has been starved for a legitimate upgrade opportunity."

Misek says RIM may not have lost as many subscriber as some have feared. Although the company announced in December it would no longer charge subscriber fees with the BB10, Misek says "RIM's subscriber base is skewed toward emerging markets with extended replacement rates which should push out the impact of RIM's business model shift."

RIM has also increased the number of BB10s it's manufacturing to the 1 to 2-million range per month from the 500,000 it made in December, according to Misek.

RIM's share price also got a bump on Wednesday when the company announced credit card company VISA approved its mobile-payment solution.

The company's shares have doubled from their low point of $6.10 in September to a close of $14.68 Thursday.
    zyben likes this.
    01-18-13 05:47 PM
    Also, get the CNBC (video) one : Can BlackBerry 10 Save RIMM? - CNBC
    01-18-13 05:49 PM
116 12345